Sick of being the strong one

So sick of being the strong one in this marriage and having to always hold things together. If he only understood how much I really have to internalize because he can’t deal with the stress that his baggage brings. I’m almost 39 weeks pregnant in the beginning stages of labor at least and he’s in his feelings because of some babymama drama. I am understanding and he’s not wrong for the way he feels, but I don’t want to be the strong one right now. I’ve never been through labor or dealt with this, my daughter was breach and a scheduled c-section.

Any other moms deal with similar? Are women just naturally better at handling stress and being strong?

7 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Sick of being the strong one - Mamas Uncut

There’s missing info on the issues between you two and his baby mom, which would help clarify the importance of the drama — but right now, at the end of your first pregnancy, it’s okay to be a little selfish, and not worry about anything else but your health while you prepare for a healthy delivery of your newborn. Tunnel vision YOU, your needs and pending delivery for a while. Ask your husband calmly that you understand how he feels and you’re on his side always, but is it possible to backburner the drama for a minute, that you need him and his complete attention right now. As long as the other problems aren’t matters or life or death, that drama can wait. Congratulations btw! And I hope all of the adults involved can eventually figure out the coparenting more peacefully down the line. :blue_heart:

4 Likes

Same. I’m the strong one here too. Sucks!

Your first mistake is getting involved with the kind of man who has a “baby momma”.

3 Likes

Tell him to stfu and be there for you right now

…don’t marry and have kids with a spineless simpleton, :woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Yes. Men don’t handle stress or much the like well at at. Not all of them, but most.