Side effects of a miscarriage?

Fan Question

-Krista✨

:exclamation::exclamation:TMI & Trigger Warning​:exclamation::exclamation:

I had my 12 week scan 3 weeks ago. I was told the baby had no heartbeat and had stopped growing around 9 weeks. We were heart broken, still am, the doctor gave us options to help the miscarriage along. We chose to have a D&C because we wanted the baby to be tested for genetic abnormalities (something the doctor recommended due to the many losses I have had) the doctor made us wait a week for the procedure to be done. 2 days before the procedure I started running a fever and had some bleeding so the on call doctor told me to go to the ER. Was sent home after some testing from the ER and was told they wouldn’t do the D&C until the scheduled day they already had. Had the D&C 2 days later. After the procedure I had severe bleeding. They got it under control with medicine I was then sent home to rest. The bleeding was good for a few days almost like it was ending then it got really heavy on day 3. I was bleeding through multiple pads in 2 hours time. Doctor recommended I be seen by the ER. I couldn’t go due to a lack of child care for my older child. The bleeding slowed down after I put myself on bedrest and took it easy. Then through out the night it got even worse then before. I started getting dizzy and fainted a few times. My boyfriend rushed me to the ER. They did an ultrasound and found an excessive amount of fluid build up In My uterus. They have me a medication to expel it and sent me home. I passed it all at once (very disturbing amount of blood and clots) ever since I’ve been feeling much better and the bleeding was gone until today. I woke up today feeling very tired, it’s been 2 weeks tomorrow since the procedure, the bleeding is back but the color is off. It’s a darker red but it’s mixed with a clear mucus so it’s almost stringy. I was wondering if this has ever happened to any other mama’s? With all of my other losses I’ve never experienced this. Thank you. Sorry for the long post.

34 Likes

May need antibiotics for infection

3 Likes

This is so sad. Might definitely need antibiotics or for them to go back in. I’m so sorry for you. Nothing can prepare you for that.

1 Like

If you are having multiple losses around the same time each pregnancy I would definitely be put on progesterone suppositories next pregnancy. I kept miscarrying around 8.5/10 weeks pregnant and then took progesterone with my last pregnancy until placenta took over which was around 14 weeks and baby boy was born healthy. You could have a progesterone deficiency. Meaning your body doesn’t produce enough or it fluctuates which in return causes your body to miscarry. Progesterone has to remain at a certain number and if it drops then baby can’t survive. Once the placenta takes over at 14 weeks the placenta knows what to do… you can never have too much progesterone so I’d recommend next time you are pregnant get on it immediately

4 Likes

Jesus I cry every time i read these fan questions

3 Likes

The same thing happened to me. It turned out the didn’t get it all the first time so I had to have a second D&C

1 Like

My sister went though this, it was hard on her. I believe miscarriages are harder on your body. Just take care of yourself. Don’t over do it, you lost a lot of blood, you need time to rebuild it. Vitamin C and iron are good. I’m sorry! :two_hearts::broken_heart:

I’m so sorry for your loss…

You should go see a different dr, not to be alarming but sometimes during a d&c your uterus can be punctured. Your symptoms sound familiar so I would maybe try a different hospital and be seen by a different set of eyes.

Sorry to hear you had to go through this please take care of yourself for your other children

So sorry for your loss yes all the mommas that took prgesterone is spot on if need be change OB and if you become pregnant again make sure to tell them to put you on it…but you really need antibiotics you might have slight infection the blood color change is due to the blood laying in there to long and the mucus is sign of infection also please take some iron supplements after loosing so much blood they did they even do a cbc on you at the er

1 Like

What a hard time :heart: I would try to get in with your doctor today or go back to the ER you could have an infection and/or anemia. I know it’s a hassle but if it’s an infection that goes untreated for too long you could lose your fertility or worse if it goes systemic and you get sepsis :heart:. Take care of yourself

1 Like

So scary! I am also sorry for your loss. I hope you are ok. Maybe you need a blood transfusion? I would definitely call the doctor back and let him know

Im so sorry :sob: this has broke my heart prayers for u and your family

I’m so sorry for your loss

I went through something similar, have they tested you for sepsis? I had a miscarriage that ended in an infection in my uterus and sepsis (blood infection). Was told if I had not gone to the ER sooner could have ended in septic shock. Definitely go back and demand they test everything!

2 Likes

So sad for you. Be careful in case of sepsis…it’s Life threatening

1 Like

Get a health analysis test done

You just send in a piece of hair…go get tested for a bacterial infection, UTI, comprehensive parasite test…weed out all the possibilities

Swan Valley Herbs

429 Grand Dr, Bigfork, MT 59911
(406) 837-5747 Swan Valley Herbs - Google Search

This place does the test.

I’m so sorry for your loss! Sending you love and many hugs! If you’re still feeling icky, it wouldn’t hurt to go to your provider and have your hemoglobin levels checked to make sure you aren’t anemic now. Lots of rest and fluids. It sounds like you’re doing a good job at that already. Take care!

1 Like

I would take the recommendation of getting a health analysis test done, go back to the ER or to a different ER if you started bleeding again because that is definitely not normal. The bleeding is coming from somewhere and you need to make sure they did not Nic an artery or punctured your your uterus. You can’t wait until you pass out again from blood loss because the reason you pass out is because you’re about to die because your body does not have the proper amount of blood not to mention you can’t take care of your child if you’re dead so get to the bottom of this and figure out what is going on. This is your health you have to be your own advocate. I am so sorry for your loss.

1 Like

They need to give you an ultrasound ASAP to make sure everything came out!! This happened to me after my son and I almost died!! And this was on my military base/hospital.(They were terrible!:roll_eyes:) Please go back and demand an ultrasound because it sounds like everything hasn’t passed like it was suppose to.