Side effects of Nexplanon?

I have had the Nexplanon implant in my arm for 15months now, and my periods are still not consistent! I may have one month without bleeding, and then the next month, I get 3-4 heavy periods back to back for the WHOLE month, or I get periods every other week. It is safe to say it is driving me up the absolute wall. I plan on going to the doctor, but I live several 100s of kilometers from a town in a rural setting. So I was just wondering if anybody out there went on some type of medication or combined it with a pill? I’ve googled everything I can think of, and I can’t get a straight answer. I just want to know if there’s anything I can do before I may have to waste my time on a doctor’s visit just to be told there’s nothing they can do.

Unfortunately this is sometimes a side effect with Nexplanon. For me, it made my period disappear almost. So I liked that. But also, I changed my diet a bit. Less dairy and processed foods. Low Alkaline diet for a couple months and that seemed to help.make my periods lighter and shorter- the few I did get.
But my sister in law had the same implant and she had an almost constant period for 6 months before she took it out. Nothing seemed to help her. It effects everyone differently. You can try a diet change for a couple cycles and see if that works. Good luck!

Thats is a common side effect but for me it made my period disappear completely, i would say to have it removed and try another birth control. I cant tell you if you can combine with something else but i would definitely go to the doctor to speak about it and possibly have it removed.