Side effects of Nexplanon?

TMI
I got the Nexplanon implant June 21st 2019, i was supposed to start my period July 16th and ever since the day i was supposed to start my period i have dark brown almost black thick discharge. Its not enough to fill a tampon but its enough to make me feel gross and feel bad about myself during sex. It looks a little like coffee grounds some times even. I called the OBGYN and have an appointment scheduled for next week but im just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

6 Likes

I have the nexplanon. I personally hate it. But I never had discharge like your describing. I actually stopped getting my menstrual cycle.

Thats sounds like clots and I probably wouldnā€™t wait for an appointment honestly. Black usually is never good in terms of discharge out of the body

I would definitely get checked sooner than later. Black discharge may mean old blood or clots.

2 Likes

I had the Paragard and had black periods frequently for about 4 out of the 7 years I had it. My doctor said it was just ā€œold bloodā€.

Thatā€™s old blood. I HATE getting it. But you should see your doctor and see if there is anything to fix it.

Itā€™s just old blood, nothing to worry about

Iā€™m 49 this is my 2nd go around with Nexplanonā€¦periods have been messed up here n there but nothing seriousā€¦hope u get answers sweetie.

I only had spotting for like two months after getting nexplanon so the spotting is normal

I had the nexplanon for about 2 months now and i love it , i had some cramps at beginning and i just got over like a 2 week period (more like spotting) but other than that its been the best for me!

I have an iud and this happens sometimes. Itā€™s because itā€™s old. Like Iā€™ll go 3 or 4 months with no period and then one month it will be dark brownish sometimes blackish just spotting for a day or 2 and then itā€™s either gone for months or spots that ugly color for up to a week until my body expells all that old stuck up in there blood. Thereā€™s nothing wrong with you but I get it. You donā€™t want your man seeing you like that. I would just shower really well before sex and it should stay at Bay long enough until your done. His penis shouldnā€™t be covered in brown blood but if it is by some off chance just tell him thatā€™s what it looks like with that form of birth control. Lol

I would go to ER to be seen you should never have black coming out of your body

2 Likes

I have old blood spottimg i got mine on the 11th

I did that when I went on the shotā€¦itā€™s old bloodā€¦and itā€™s going to look darker than it is when itā€™s soaked into a tampon or padā€¦

Thatā€™s the blood taking longer to leave the uterus ! The longer is takes to travel is makes that darker red color I have the same BC and that was happening to my in the beginning and I searched what it means and also doctor had told me the same thing . All is fine and will go away

2 Likes

Black just means old blood. Happens to me all the time, but I have adenomyosis.

1 Like

Definitely experienced this throughout almost the whole 3 years Iā€™ve had nexplanon. I hated it because it was almost constantā€¦ my doc told me that it was different for everyonešŸ˜“ the worst experience everā€¦

I had nexplanon and hated it it made me moody and gain weight I also bled for 2.5 months straight from the time they put it in till I had them remove it

1 Like

Yes I have the nexplanon implant and it does this to me I have had one real period since Feb of this yearā€¦ I spot for like 2 weeks that dark brown like your describing Iā€™ll stop for a week or so and then start spotting again my man dont care tho we just shower after and itā€™s not enough to make a mess (sorry for the TMI)

1 Like

If you have a medical concern seek medical helpā€¦ Not advice on Facebook. You could be putting your life at risk relying on the comforting words of strangers. SMH

1 Like