Side effects of Nexplanon?

Anyone that has used Nexplanon birth control ever had a knot where it is located? Mines kinda itchy and blueish red. I can still feel it in my arm, and it doesn't feel like it's moved or broken. I've had mine in for over a year and had it previously with no issues. Just curious if this has happened to anyone else?
9 Likes

I had the same problem and found out it was built up tissue around the implant from where it was put in. If it feels itchy and red just to be safe Iโ€™d have a doctor look at it just to make sure there is no infection forming.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Side effects of Nexplanon?

Nexplanon Nightmares

I hated nexplanon! I had VERY, VERY BAD mood swings, gained weight, and always felt like it I had to take pregnancy tests every month.

I had weight gain and honestly it really screwed up my hormones. Not sure if this was directly related to the bc, but I was diagnose with major depressive disorder while I had it in and still suffer from.

My granddaughter had it. Sheโ€™s 25yrs old. Had alot of discomfort in her arm the whole time. Weight gain, messed up periods, etc. Had it removed and still has discomfort in her arm.

Worst possible bc it makes your irrationally emotional, angry and incurable hunger.mine migrated. I gained 30+ lbs on it and I didnโ€™t have it in a full year. Acne was the worst I had big clusters of pus filled pimples(my skin is usually normal) โ€ฆit gave me pain in my arm and made it feel like that part of my arm was missing. Itโ€™s been out over a year and I still feel pain in the site. I would not recommend unless your ok with gaining a ton of weight

Recently had my second one taken out after a year in due to this and the doctors said they had never seen a reaction like mine. Even took pictures. I have a permanent scar from the removal.

I hated it !!! Gained weight get terrible . It actually grew into my tissue and it had to be cut out .

1 Like

No, that sounds bad though! I would call & ask about that!

It gave me heart problems!!!

Iโ€™m on my second one and never had any issues. Every form of birth control will have a different reaction to different people. Itโ€™s not one size fits all. Talk to your doctor.

3 Likes

The only problem I have with nexplanon is irregular bleeding. Sometimes Iโ€™ll bleed for two weeks, sometimes Iโ€™ll bleed for a month, every couple months. No mood swings, no weight gain.

Itโ€™s horrible I felt mine the entire time I had it. My arm/hand would lose feeling I gain over 60 pounds and made my depression a thousand times worse

The five minutes procedure turned in to 30 because it grew into my arm

I would see a Dr. I only feel mine when I lean on it or have my arm a certain way. I hate this birth control for other reasons. Would not recommend to anyone considering.

I just got my second one put in last week and havent had any issues. Went all 3 years with no periods, low if any mood swings, no weight gain. And if you are touching it with fingers and feel it thatโ€™s a good thing for it can move and get lost. Just dont bother it.
My older sister had one inserted and it made her severely depressed she got it removed a month later.
Everyones experience is different

I had mine now for a few months and so far itโ€™s been fine other than irregular bleeding. I donโ€™t even notice or think about it. I like this birth control compared to most I have been on but every one has different experiences.

The weight gain on that was ridiculous! I got it taken out and I lost some of that but Iโ€™m still working it off. I got off that fast so I could save further issues.

Doctor couldnโ€™t get mine out when it was time, had to have it surgically removed- literally had to be put in the hospital, put under & be cut open to get it out. Not to mention the costs associated with all that. Never again

I honestly loved mine. I just had it removed a month ago. Only side effect I had was no period which I knew would probably happen. Iโ€™m now on the pill and I hate it. Iโ€™m an emotional wreck and having the worst cramps ever (which Iโ€™m sure is due to not having a period in almost 4 years)

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Side effects of Nexplanon?

I had the same problem and found out it was built up tissue around the implant from where it was put in. If it feels itchy and red just to be safe Iโ€™d have a doctor look at it just to make sure there is no infection forming.

Mine always itched some and had a tiny knot but it was never anything major for me. I had it for 6 years and it was a wonderful experience for me personally. Birth control like any medicine is so different for every single person.

2 Likes

Iโ€™ve had nexplannon twice. It would itch on occasion, I think thatโ€™s normal. But as far as the blue/red discoloration goes- that doesnโ€™t seem quite normal unless you possibly bruised the area or irritated the skin somehow? I would check with your doctor just to be safe.

3 Likes

Hi i had it for almost 4 years no itching at all yes you can feel it because is under your skin is normal the only reaction is i had my period like 2 or 3 times a month but doctor said is normal woth the nexplanon

๐ˆ๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฅ๐š๐ฌ๐ญ 7 days ๐ˆ ๐ก๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฆ๐š๐๐ž ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ $4,000 ๐ฃ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐š $400 ๐ข๐ง๐ฏ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐ฆ๐ž๐ง๐ญ, ๐ข๐ญ๐ฌ ๐š๐œ๐ญ๐ฎ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ซ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐จ๐ง๐ฅ๐ข๐ง๐ž ๐ญ๐ซ๐š๐๐ž ๐ข๐ง๐ฏ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐ฆ๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ˆโ€™๐ฆ ๐š๐ฆ๐š๐ณ๐ž๐ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ ๐ฅ๐š๐, ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ง๐ค๐ฌ ๐ญ๐จ ๐Œ๐ซ๐ฌ Anna Nadezhda ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ž๐š๐ฆ. ๐ƒ๐ฆ her now through the link below
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:
Anna Nadezhda

My friend got a big knot of scar tissue where she had hers placed. Sheโ€™s gotten it replaced 3 times and the last time she ended up with nerve damage in her arm because the scar tissue complicated the removal process and they couldnโ€™t get it out. The first one she had broke while inside her arm. After her experiences I vowed never to use Nexplanon :see_no_evil:

Yes, mine was also tissue building up by it. It made it difficult for her to remove because of it :disappointed_relieved:

Naw, tube tied or condoms. Honestly fuck birth control and the effects on your mind and body. I say this with life long experience with many forms of it. Itโ€™s just all around bad news for you.

Iโ€™ve had one in for five years and on my second one now, only had bruising when they first insert itโ€ฆ which is normal for about a week or two. it does itch sometimes and I have a tiny tiny knot where they inserted it, scar tissue I guess. I would give the doc a call if it is bruising now after a year

I mean this in the nicest way, go immediately and that devil stick out of your arm.

Happened to me. I actually had a lot of pain if I ever washed my arm and my hand brushed it the right way, because it was moving it around in there. I had it for two years and it has now been gone for two years. I still have a knot in my skin from it. I hated it.