Signs of a miscarriage?

I’m 5 weeks pregnant and this morning had bad cramps and bleeding. The bleeding isn’t blood clots and it’s only coming out a little when I pee. It’s bright red. I went to the ER immediately and they couldn’t do anything because they said I was too early. They did an ultra sound to see if the baby was stuck somewhere it shouldn’t be- & it wasn’t. I’m just wondering if anyone else has came across this problem? Was it a miscarriage or did you end up being fine???

13 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Signs of a miscarriage? - Mamas Uncut

3 of my 5 this happen 1 it was a subchorionic hematoma was put on bedrest the rest of the pregnancy the other 2 no rhyme or reason …all kids good now

This happened to me at 5 weeks and it was implantation bleeding. All was fine.

1 Like

It could be as simple as implantation bleeding. However the ER lied. They can do a blood test to see where your hcg levels are to see if they match up with where you are in pregnancy. They did them with me at 4 weeks.

5 Likes

I was 7 weeks it’s like a period bleed .if it’s a lil it should be fine just keep watching but try not to stress…if it gets worse go back in…if you need more advice feel free to p.m me

its called implantation. cramping and spotting. tje egg making a spot in ur uterus basically. call ur ob. happened to me and they go me into ultrasound and it was just a yolksac. 2 weeks later turned into baby.

1 Like

Call you Obgyn and get you levels checked then go back in 3-5 days and get blood work again and see if you hcg levels are going up or down. Obviously we want them to go up. Good luck

2 Likes

It could be implantation bleeding. I didn’t have it with my first two pregnancies but I did with my last. Call your OB. They can text your HGC levels.

1 Like

I spotted some with my 3rd pregnancy… she is now a healthy 7 month old. But I did also spot with bad back cramps with my first pregnancy and had a miscarriage. Make an appointment… by 6 weeks they should be able to see a heartbeat or take your hcg levels. Good luck mama, I’m sure everything is fine.

1 Like

I’am making over $127 an hour working online with 2 kids at home. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my best friend earns over $ 17988 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless
Chk This—>> https://JobsCareer86.pages.dev

1 Like

I’ve had it for both ways. Unfortunately there isn’t much you can do except rest and wait and see. They can do blood tests to see if your hcg is falling which typically indicates if you are miscarrying or not.

1 Like

I have never bleed with any of my babies and I am on number 4 ! It could be implantation bleeding but it could also be miscarriage but they can draw your blood and check levels of HCG and then check again and a few days to see if it is rising or falling !

I had light bleeding until 12 weeks and had a healthy baby.

I bled heavily with my 2nd that Im pregnant with now, it happened at 11 weeks and they told me the same thing. Mine was HEAVY with clots, in my chart it was labled as threatened miscarriage/threatened abortion (really dont know why they put abortion especially with everything going on with roe v wade)… The bleeding stopped after 3 days and Im fine now and 23 weeks pregnant with a healthy baby boy. Come to find out I do have an anterior placenta, and with my first I had an emergency cscetion. Still not sure what caused my bleeding especially at 11 weeks but me and baby are fine now. Sending prayers/good vibes your way mama!! Stay hydrated and make sure you still eat good, I know its worrisome💕

2 Likes

Sounds like you may be experiencing a SCH (sub-chronic hemorrhage) which is medically diagnosed as a threatened miscarriage, it’s very easy for ER to over look this because they are typically rude when it comes to these situations and care to do nothing more than a pelvic exam and blood work.

I have had multiple miscarriages so when I had a SCH with my daughter it was really hard not to worry. They typically resolves themselves by 18 weeks but I would definitely give you OB a call so they can properly check you for one on ultrasound and check your hcg level. I had bleeding on and off until 12 weeks when it dispersed.

Bright red blood is never a good sign. See your OB asap! Good luck

I actually had a period for the first 3 months of my 1st pregnancy I only took a test because I felt off tender breast I was crying all the time took a test came back positive I was 10 weeks along I also has a cist I now have a very healthy 7yr old… I would make a appointment to see ur ob have them check ur levels and keep a eye on you. Good luck momma think positive thoughts :green_heart:

I had a very light period for the first few months I was pregnant, my kid is now 41. Good luck and stay positive

I hope you’re not living in a red fascist state that can investigate and arrest you for having a miscarriage.

1 Like

I spotted alot with my Child & everything turned out fine

Yes I did and it was a hemorrhage that resolved itself on its own by the time I got to the anatomy scan.

I started with alittle bleeding ultrasound said bugs was fine I was 16w5d and by the following night the bleeding got heavier and with clots and I lost my son at 2.25am. I had mild cramps at first and the last hour was like Labor pains. The baby was sitting on the opening bum first

I had normal monthlies for about 4 months when I was pregnant, baby was fine

I will be honest and say for me both miscarriages started with brown blood first followed by red blood a couple of days later. Praying this isn’t the case for you and all Is well at scan :crossed_fingers::sparkling_heart:

1 Like

No… as someone who has had 2, the cramps are usually first, bad period cramps and then bright red blood and a lot of it. And it doesn’t start and stop, it gets heavier as time passes. You sound like you are perfectly fine, try not to worry :slight_smile:

With my 1st Son I was bleeding my whole pregnancy and baby was fine. Was like I was having a full period. I was worried but they said sometimes it happens but they’ll check baby. My second Son my bleeding completely stopped throughout pregnancy. But I do have a friend who had a miscarriage. She had spotting, very bad cramps, spotting still, and then tons of blood. Rushed her in and that’s how we found out she miscarried. If it is just light spotting I wouldn’t worry. But do bring it up at the Appointment so they can annotate it in the notes and monitor you and baby throughout pregnancy. Be on the lookout for bright red blood and cramping if it reaches that then go to ER. Hopefully all goes well with your Appointment.

1 Like

Brown blood normally indicates old blood which could mean residual blood. Bright red blood is usually a sign of miscarriage. So blood doesn’t always indicate a miscarriage. All the best.

1 Like

Everyone’s body is different - I had allot of spotting like this as well with both just relax and don’t stress and kick your feet up allot especially the first to second trimester - I was also told the embryo didn’t look good on my 2 month ultrasound because I had allot of fluid and everything was just fine! If you worried get your blood tested if it’s going up then things should be fine xoxo

With my daughter and son I had some bleeding and it wasn’t a small amount either I did have a few complications with the pregnancy but they are perfectly healthy today just let your doctor know to keep an eye on it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had spotting up until about 12 weeks on and off. It freaked me out a lot but everything was fine. I’m 32 weeks now and baby is growing / healthy. Definitely let your OB know and monitor it if it’s get heavier but it could just be nothing! Sending hugs!

1 Like

Spotting early in pregnancy can be normal. My cousin had full on periods for the first 3 months with one of her pregnancies and she had a beautiful full term baby.

Brown blood is old blood!! If you get any bright red blood or cramping then go to the ER!!
Hopefully all goes well with your ultrasound!

3 Likes

Any blood is considered a threatened miscarrige but it could be totally fine. My doctor always quoted 50/50.

Think positively until tomorrow x I had spotting with 2 of my 3 babies about 8 weeks x all good just my body adjusting x fingers crossed x

Put a pad on and monitor it if it gets worse than spotting where your soaking the pad and bad cramps or shoulder pain then go to A&E if not mention it prior to your scan tomorrow fingers crossed its just normal spotting in early pregnancy xx

When I miscarried at 6 weeks it started suddenly with bad cramps and a lot of bright red blood. I bled for a week straight.

Brown blood is old blood. I had this with my first from 18 weeks until around 30 weeks but get checked if you feel concerned

1 Like

To me it sounds like a blighted ovum. I could be wrong though.

I recommend you call your doctor asap so they cukd track your hcg levels.

I’ve had that in a few pregnancies. Even some bleeding later on, but never miscarried. Stay positive

I had bleeding with my boy around 7-8 weeks I thought it was implantation but 7-8 weeks is kinda late for that and it honestly was dark red blood and not clots but it was just extremely red and I went in my HCG was still rising and he was perfectly healthy. I’m thinking it was a twin pregnancy tho

I had regular periods for 3 months with my first. Ending up not knowing I was pregnant until I was 4 months along. Boy was that a shocker when I got my first ultrasound and learned at that point I was 5 months pregnant.

I spotted call your ob rule or thumb if dark brown it’s old bright red get to er

Why would you go on Facebook for advice instead of calling your doctor??!!

5 Likes

You want to talk to a doctor! Not Facebook

2 Likes

Don’t overreact, you’ll make yourself go crazy with worry. Personally I was told that I had a very sensitive uterus so there was lots of pressure and occasional spotting or cramping. I don’t know if miscarriages are something you’ve dealt with in the past but I am going to say relax and if it makes you feel better either just spend the day laying around if you can or go to urgent care, they’ll be able to pick up a heartbeat if there is one. Good luck

Brown blood is typically old blood.
When I miscarried it was bright red just everywhere with the most painful cramps I’ve ever felt