Signs of a UTI in kids?

Good morning. I’m hoping to get some advice from those that have been through this or is any ped moms, ect. Are in here. My daughters urine has a strong smell so I took her to her doctor yesterday but she isn’t potty trained and they wanted a clean catch. She basically sat on a potty in the room for about an hour and did nothing. They didn’t want to use the baggy method or catheter… so they sent us home saying that the chances of it beinf a uti aren’t high since she doesn’t have a fever and isn’t fussy… but her pee is so strong and she drinks a lot of water. Should I be concerned and get a 2nd opinion Monday? The smell is really bothering me cause it’s never happened to her before and she’s only 2.

2 Likes

She’s now deliverd in Jesus mighty name Amene

It doesn’t sound like a uti to me. She would spike a high fever and be extremely uncomfortable, mine was inconsoleable. Her urine would also usually turn a darker than usual yellow-brown color. Smell isn’t a determining factor. My daughter had one at 6 months old and was hospitalized for a week because it was a full blown kidney infection by the time the doctors believed me. I had 2 doctors tell me it was all in my head and nothing was wrong 2 times before they finally checked her urine when i took her to ER. She had a high fever of 102 and 104 each time when going in. If she has no fever, and no dark urine, it’s probably not a uti. It could just be what she’s eating. As long as she’s eat, drinking and acting normal, it’s most likely nothing.

1 Like

With my kids I alway went with my gut. Try an get the urine at home. Clean cup with a lid bring it to the doctors office

1 Like