Signs of labor?

Fan Question
Karen🍒

I will be 37 weeks tomorrow, with baby #5 and I have been having irregular contractions for over a week now when I lost my mucus plug. Yesterday I started having steady contractions 2-6 minutes apart for 3 hours so I went to L&D (doctors orders) to be checked. I was contracting every 2-4 minutes for about 2 hours but didn’t make progress from 2 cm so the doctor ran a liter of fluid to try and slow the contractions. They did slow to around 6 minutes apart but didn’t stop. He sent me home to be comfortable and rest. This morning (TMI) I woke up to bright red blood and what looked like stretchy jelly when I wiped. Is this “bloody” show? I’ve never had this happen with any of my pregnancies before, so I don’t know what to expect from it, does that mean labor is very near? I have been very nauseous and felt “off”, almost like I’m coming down with a flu or something for 3 days now.
Also, I’ve delivered one of my babies at 36&6 and one at 37 exactly so preterm delivery is not abnormal for me. Thanks in advance for any responses!

1 Like

I’d go back now… they told me any bright red blood is sometimes a concern to go!! Pink or Brown isn’t.

1 Like

37 wks my dear isn’t necessarily pre term labor. Sounds like baby is coming sooner than later I would get checked out

3 Likes

37 weeks on is considered full term. Bright red blood is a hospital trip.

2 Likes

Call your doctor… at least that’s what admin tells me when I’ve asked very similar questions…

1 Like

37 weeks is considered full term so its not premature labor

1 Like