Suggestions for my three year old?

First and last name, phone number and address

2 Likes

Sharing, socializing with kids, making messes being a kid lol

3 Likes

Another language, an instrument

1 Like

Scissor skills? Phone number. Simple riddles like "i am tall.i am green and have brown bark. Sometimes people climb me who am i? Type riddles

Download your areas kindergarten readiness checklist

Yes. Give her a swing set and a trampoline.

5 Likes

Do you not know your abcs? Or the whole English language??? :eyes:

Cooking start with safety tips great age to make a start , how to make toast , sandwiches then scrabbled eggs cake cookies

1 Like

You can teach concepts like small and big forward and backward and side wards, up and down teach her how to draw from top to the bottom page these things we almost forget to teach our kids but these little learning concepts

The amount of people here in disbelief that a 3 year old can read, write and count :woman_facepalming:t2: Maria Montessori called the age of 3 the “Absorbent Mind” so it isn’t uncommon for a 3 year old to know these things in a Montessori setting. The sky is the limit! Teach her botany, geography, take her on trips to learn more about the place she lives in. Have her go outside and continue to explore. Sight words, addition/subtraction. And most importantly model for her the social skills she will need to succeed, manners etc… :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Waterford Upstart. It’s a free program you can apply for, and if they accept you, they give you a small laptop to do the program. And if you don’t have internet access, they can even provide that too. You go to a one hour class where they show you how to use everything. It was super simple. The only requirement is you have to do it I believe at least 3 days a week, 20 minutes each time. They randomly assign you reading or the math/science program in the beginning. We got the reading program, so my son was reading before kindergarten by the time he completed the program.

Go to Goodwill… buy books. Lots of books

2 Likes

Letting her be a three year old and learn by play she’s only little once don’t rush it

2 Likes

How to balance a checkbook and how to do taxes. Also righty tighty and lefty loosey.

5 Likes

Sign language, homeschool pop on YouTube,

do u sew, knit or crochet?? lots of kids find that very rewarding

2 Likes

Did you just post this to brag about your kid?!?!

Go ahead & brag away! Lol. Sounds like you have a smart little kiddo! :heart:

2 Likes

I have a kid that loves to learn and was able to grasp things very early on.
Just work on more concepts. Planets, telling time, instruments, basic addition/ subtraction, etc. There’s still a lot to learn.

Let her be a 3 year old🤷‍♀️

4 Likes

Teach her to count in different languages and sign language

2 Likes

Take her for walks and teach her about nature

Way to go Momma, my nephew is a full blown out 3 year old & knows all these things too!!! :raised_hands:

I live by pinterest! I make a board each month with ideas.

Get a puzzle (wood) of United States and teach her where they go. My 4yr old great grand daughter got one for Christmas and she really likes it and she’s learning where they go.

My youngest daughter was very intelligent like this at 3. She had a hard time in school she was too advanced got bored easily and felt so alone no one was on her wave length . I recommend do not push her she will learn things naturally. Children like this learn very easy but they out grow everyone. Just don’t push so much on the learning. Let her enjoy being 3

2 Likes

Second language, sign language, play an instrument.

3 Likes

Her address, phone number, and the importance of calling 911.

6 Likes

Feed what she is interested in learning. My son was obsessed with maps and had the USA states and capitals memorized when he was two. We taught that to my daughter as well but not until 1st grade because she didn’t care as much. I had a pre-K student once who knew everything about planets and the order backwards and forwards from the sun. He was barely 4. They are sponges but they will also show interests in specific areas. Something that worked really well with my son was discussing numbers and value constantly. Our car clock was set incorrectly when he was 2 and he would add and subtract to tell me what time it really was. He was 6 points off a perfect score on the state math test last school year. We didn’t carry that number recognition over into teaching him about money when he was younger so now I’m trying to regroup on that but he’s not showing much interest.

A musical instrument. My 3 year old is the same and he has just started learning piano. He loves it sooooo much!

2 Likes

Days of the week, months of the year, states, how to read a clock, song lyrics, matching games, etc

3 Likes

Take her on trips to Museums (Art, Nature, Science & etc.). Teach her right from wrong, integrity, respect, loving family (show her family photos, visiting relatives), community service (kindness to neighbors, history and sights of your town and city). Use your imagination. You’ve got the internet that has unlimited resources for crafts, art, dancing, and music ideas Enroll her in pre-school, swimming, sports, mommy and me, dance and music classes.

1 Like

I would play games. Board and card games with mine. It taught adding, subtraction and colors. She loved it. I got a junior scrabble and we loved it and she learned to spell so many words. One side of the board is blank and the other has letters to match the tiles. Start her with the letters first and move later to the blank. There’s a Hoyle website for card game suggestions. There is also sign language. And or other languages. Read a book every day. It boosts their IQ. Can’t remember by how much but, they will be reading to you by the end of the year if not before. But you Must read daily even when you read to her it boosts it. I would read at night to help them calm down and go to sleep.

1 Like

Get musical note flash cards. Teach her to read music. Then when she knows her notes, piano lessons.

Start working on the propper grip of a pencil and tracing letters and practice writing their name. This is what we used to do every morning with my 3 year old preschoolers i used to teach. Also, make sure they know how to properly pull their pants up and down. When they start school the teachers won’t always be able to help so its good they know how to do it themselves.

Start counting in Spanish

1 Like

Phone number, address, your full name, numbers, clock, days of week, months, seasons.

1 Like

An instrument. Ballet?
Cooking?

1 Like

Look up STEM activities

1 Like

Cooking, gardening are both great skills to have.

2 Likes

Let her dust, vacuum, swep the floor, it’ gos on and on ext…:wilted_flower:

1 Like

States, presidents by picture. Books of the bible if your religious.

All presidents of USA. Math. Spelling. How did I get her started. My g grandson is 4. Can’t get him still long enough to learn

Sign language would be great

2 Likes

If she can read 4 letter words, you may want to start introducing more complex sounds, like digraphs, dipthongs, and vowel pairs. Use an abacus :abacus: for math (basing adding, subtracting, multiplying) start reading level 1 or level a books (see fontas and pinnell) . You might want to get her to explore with science (hands on exploration)

2 Likes

Your address and phone number, Her full name, how to write it, etc. Look up sight words online and start teaching her those with flashcards, letter sounds.

1 Like

Explore the outdoors alot, scavenger hunts with leaves flowers, etc.
Teach emotional intelligence and meditation for upset moments.
Keep exposure to those things she knows daily- as their brains developed and change certain changes happen too. Not really that they forget it altogether, but they tend to want to focus more on what their growing new abilities are helping them be capable of as they change.
Try adding a learning clock to there routine, and you can put they’re schedule into a time perspective daily to help begin understanding the concept of time management.
All the meal at there times, snacks, playtime, outside time, TV time, color time, etc.
So at breakfast you’d put the hand on 8am and say, look! It’s 8oclock, time to eat breakfast. Then so on with everything else you do in your daily routines.
I was actually just reading about this and plan to do it with my 2yo son. It’s also suppose to be a huge plus in early time comprehension.

Anatomy!! Bones and muscles, organs etc

To play piano, guitar, any instrument, another language.

3 Likes

Her name, her parent’s names, their address, and phone number.

1 Like

Lol, she’s THREE and that’s what your worried about at this age!???

1 Like

How to balance a check book

2 Likes

How to use scissors (child friendly, safety scissors of course.) have her practice cutting out shapes and lines. I thought I taught my son everything he needed and he was so ready for school. Come to find out, I forgot to teach him, this little, but significant task. Trust me, cut shapes, practice using glue stick and sticking shapes to paper. Also have her practice tracing or writing the letters in her name.

1 Like

States, capitals, governors, mayor’s, presidents, vice presidents. Languages

Seasons, months,. That’s awesome!

Writing her first and last name with upper and lower case letters

She needs to know how to write all her abcs in order, write her numbers in order, name, address, phone number, mom and dads name.

More than that ??

Or a gold badge to go with that perfect parent award ffs :woman_facepalming:t2:

3 Likes

Yes, a lot more you can add to this. Yes start reading, tell time on clock. First last names. Geez lots you can do.

She’s fantastic just as she is. Let her lead the way with her interests. Perhaps look into Montessori for her as they will meet her where she is and allow her to advance at her own pace going forward. It sounds like you are on a great adventure together. Go Mom!

2 Likes

Music for sure or dance!

And important things like your phone number if you haven’t done that.

1 Like

Languages. My best friend’s daughter is now throwing in three languages and she’s 12.

4 Likes

Let her decide. I have one niece who has her special book she draws in. The other one w/o u ld not pick up a color pencil.

Would she have a interesting gymnastics they start them young and some kids love it crafts and art sticker books cooking

Tie shoes, months, days of the week, seasons

2 Likes

Cooking using measurement is a good one too.
She may also be ready for computer programs like Reading Eggs.

Trees, leaves, phone numbers… so many

Small children learn the most through play :roll_eyes: you might be hindering other points of development by being hyperfocused on things y o u see as achievements bc you can brag about them… Can she identify her feelings? Does she know what face conveys what emotion on others? Can she dress herself? Potty trained? Does she know how to handle disagreements with other kids? Does she have coping skills she uses when upset? Is her gross& fine motor development just as on track?

11 Likes

Tie shoes ride a bike swim languages math the planets

3 Likes

Measuring things and following multi step directions in order. Make recipes together and have her help with measuring ingredients and mixing them together.

States/capitals, Countries/continents, Money (a penny=1 cent, a nickel=5 cents, etc.) Reading time on a clock, digital and analog, start with hours, then half hours, then 15 after and 15 to, then the smaller increments of time. Days of the week, months of the year, seasons.
Using scissors to follow a line when she cuts, practice correct letter size, match words to pictures, simple puzzles (or more difficult if she masters them quickly)
Hope that helps!

3 Likes

Teach her your phone number and how to use a phone in case of emergency. :slightly_smiling_face: and stranger danger protocols

6 Likes

Enroll them in a sport or gymnastics and encourage social skills, working together, sharing and other emotional development like learning to make friends.
Teach sign
language (good to teach babies that can’t talk yet) teach other languages (Spanish, french etc) , how to play an instrument, enroll them in/ teach a specific type of dancing, teach them to draw and other art skills. Simple cooking skills like measuring and mixing and keeping track of time can also be incorporated. Counting money, teach months, weekdays, seasons, shapes. Counting by 5s, 10s etc

1 Like

I’d teach her how to do my taxes

18 Likes

Practical life skills! Cutting, scooping, pouring etc

4 Likes

Address and telephone number.

3 Likes

Go look for khan kids academy on google play there’s a lot of things to do .

My sister’s granddaughter like that at 4 so they been teaching her all the planets names and a lil something about each one

2 Likes

Teach her address to the tune of pop goes the weasel

More letters, numbers, simple visual math, easy cooking (adding pasta to water, knowing what “boiling water is” and when it’s ready. Sweeping, mopping, simple chores.

Periodic Table, Planets, Dinosaurs, simple mathematics, music

3 Likes

My daughter knew all of that and more by the age of 2. She could read Dr. Suess by 2. And read Charlotte’s Web in kindergarten. I set up a classroom at home and we took turns being the teacher. She was like a sponge when it came to reading. Then I took her on trips and taught her about nature and the stars. She loved it.

3 Likes

Preschool? ABC Mouse?

What to do incase of emergency (how to dail 911).

1 Like

Have you considered a montessori school?!

Practical life skills, cleaning, cooking, laundry, your address phone number.

1 Like

Address, dob, phone number, basic addition and subtraction, a new language, fine arts

1 Like

Rhyming, writing, how are her social-emotional skills? Can she take turns? Share? Name her feelings? Problem solve these are just as important as academics

6 Likes

Make flash cards for household items & simple addition.
We did that & our daughter has Bern 2 yrs ahead ever since. Lol

1 Like

My first born was like that graduated at 17. Very smart and I’m so proud of her. At 3 she memorized her little story books

Teach her how to tie her shoes, zip up/button up clothes, your address/phone #. Maybe introduce a second language if not already bilingual.

1 Like

Phone number and address, she’ll need that in school plus how to write her first and last name

Story writing, science exploration, space

Go deeper into the solar system and dinosaurs. Much harder concept to grasp, more interesting too.