Teething pain relief?

TMI

Hey mommas, my 8 month old is going through it! She is teething and also has a stomach bug/virus. She hasn’t been able to keep any food down and also diarrhea. I called the on call doctor last night because it’s the weekend and the office is not open. They said to give her starchy foods to help with the diarrhea but she isn’t keeping anything down… Any advice on anything I can do? I feel helpless that I can’t help her. Any advice would be appreciated. TIA

7 Likes

Pedialyte popsicles they will help with electrolytes lost from diarrhea

4 Likes

Bananas and pedialyte.

2 Likes

Keep her fluids up, if you can get some electrolytes for her. Rice crackers/Rice helps to firm the poop try and get her to eat a little. Brat- bananas rice apples and toast for diarreha. Hope little one gets better soon

Just remember that babies dehydrate very very quickly so don’t let this go on too long without taking her to urgent care or the ER. If she is vomiting as well as diarrhea, don’t let it go on

4 Likes

Chicken noodle soup crackers , sprite

Keep her hydrated even if she doesn’t eat. Your main focus needs to be fluids.

2 Likes

Get something for the diarreda and throwing up

Your baby needs to be on IV or something especially if she isnt keeping anything down unless she can keep down fluids

Pedialyte, as long as shes hydrated she should be ok, obv keep an eye on her temp etc, virus needs to run its course

2 Likes

Babys dehydrate very easily. If shes not keeping food or liquids down, I would take her to urgent care or the Emergency room. You can try pedialyte. Give her very small amounts every 15 minutes. By small, i mean 10ML or less. I had to do this with my 7 month old. This is what the doctor instructed. If she can go a whole hour without throwing any pedialyte up, increase the amount and time in between. If you try to give her food as well, it may make her stomach upset and she will continue to have diarrhea. If it doesn’t get any better within an hour or so, you should take her to the doctor.

2 Likes

Fluids are most important

1 Like

our babe had an awful bout of this- she kicked most of the puking in 3 days and diarrhea for 2 weeks… we used probiotics after she stopped puking but we were able to use ice chips, we
put pedialyte (not pink/red) in a little baggie and let it freeze, then we crushed it and she ate this when we fed it to
her- i WAS SO RELIEVED SHE kept it down!!! bananas crackers etc none of which she kept down… those little
yogurt melts she did too but she was just so miserable it hardly mattered beyond hydration! once you get passed the puking, add the probiotics asap! it REALLY helped her diarrhea.

If she’s breastfed just keep nursing. If formula fed, pedialyte.

1 Like

Tea spoon of corn flour with water maybe add a tiny bit of cordial for flavour. It’ll block her up for a day. My dr recommended this to me when my daughter had horrendous diorhea that was burning her bottom.

X

Give her only pedialyte…my daughter had pneumonia at 5 months old and if I gave her any of her formula she would cough so hard that she would throw up…the doctor said nothing but pedialyte…she drank only that for a week…doctor said it more important to keep them hydrated

2 Likes

Give her pedis light spright nothing heavy put tylonal on gums small.amout on your finger

Go to ER now. Babies are little and dehydrate very quickly.

1 Like

Take her to ER or Urgent Care.

1 Like

Just keep her hydrated.

2 Likes

BRAT diet. Slowly. Banana Rice Applesauce Toast (dry). In small amounts. Also fluids. Not milk or use diluted milk.

What kind of baby dr closes for the weekend with no coverage service?

1 Like

If you nurse, Nurse! even if she vomits, she’ll still absorb some bm.

I’d go to the ER if it’s been long enough with the vomiting and not keeping fluids down, though.

1 Like

Take her in to be sure she’s hydrated

2 Likes

Get some pedialyte, to help keep hydrated. Then when she can keep stuff down, try the starch.

2 Likes

Give her dry toast bland foods etc…make sure she’s well hydrated don’t stop giving her formula or breastfeeds x

We just had this with our little guy and were advised to go to the ER for dehydration. Don’t risk it.

3 Likes

Don’t worry about foods just yet,keep her hydrated once her stomach bug has passed slowly start introducing food again

1 Like

If are feeding her some table food already start the brat diet! Bananas, rice, applesauce and toast!

Mix any flavor jello as directed, but put in a bottle or sippy cup and let the baby drink the liquid form, it will give her stomach a temporary lining coating her stomach and it should stop the throwing up

1 Like

Jello make it up and let her drink it

1 Like

I used to give my son gravel suppositories. They were wonderful as he could not keep anything down for years

I see a bunch of people recommend pedialyte that’s is for children over the age of one! Unless recommended by a doctor! Try adding rice cereal to a bottle and like another mom said even if she vomits she is still absorbing some but watch closely when doing this as children can gag!

U do what u feel is best! When my youngest was 5 months she had the stomach bug and it was awful but one night her temp got up 103.4 we rushed her to er cause it was like 2 n the morning and that’s what the doc on call told us to do and the only thing they did was strip her of her clothes cause they said that’s would break her fever and where she was throwing up they had a awful time giving her Tylenol but they got some n her and within a hour her temp dropped and she was feeling better. She is 6 now but when she does get sick and run a fever I do what they told me to do at the hospital and it always works. If ur child starts freezing when u take clothes off its OK to give a little cover

Toast , bananas , applesauce , peanut butter

Green bannanas, will stop the diarrhea!!

I would focus on fluids. Not getting dehydrated is the most important thing while it runs its course

3 Likes

My doctor always told me give them the BRAT Diet
Bananas
Rice
Applesauce
Toast
Kept my kids alive. And of course lots and lots of water. Good luck.

1 Like

My Grand babies always seemed to have a cold nausea diarrhea when they were teething… be sure to give he/her plenty of liquids to keep them hydrated.

Boil rice but don’t let it get dry. Use the broth of the rice add a lil sugar get it cold and let her drink it. If she won’t drink it give her lil teaspoonful about every ten minutes

1 Like

Dont worry about her eating right now just try to get fluid down her and keep her hydrated. Keep an eye on her soft spot that would be a sign of dehydration if it starts to sink in.

2 Likes

I’d say if she can’t keep anything down just try to make sure she stays hydrated. Even if you give her drinks a tiny tiny bit at a time.

Pedialyte, bland foods, bananas, dry toast, rice. But most important is hydration. Small sips frequently

Popcycles ,let baby suck on frozen wet wash cloths.

Gonna said mad but flat Coca Cola works wonders for an unset tummy

Have you heard of the BRAT diet