This may be silly, but it's starting to annoy me a little too much

I have been seeing this guy for about 6 months now. There is a big age difference (me being older). He was in a relationship not long before we started dating. We’ve known each other for anout a year now as we work together. He said he broke up with her to be with me etc… Nothing every happened when they were together, not even flirting on my side as I never thought we could be anything since he was in a relationship. Anyway, backstory done!
He told me he loved me about 2 months into us dating and said he has felt strongly for me for months hence why he broke up with her. He says he wants a future with me, talks about kids a house the whole lot. I have a child and they have met a few times and they get on really well. He took me away for a couple of nights and paid for everything and does treat me very often to things whic is lovely. We see each other frequently at least 2x a week outside of work and maybe work one shift together in work.
The thing is, he hasn’t told his mum about me and hasn’t made anything official with me yet. He lied to her about who he was going away for a couple of nights with, and hasn’t mentioned us being “bf/gf”. We have banter all the time and we were just making fun of each other and talking about ex’s etc just joking around. I said something about his first ex being his favourite (as a joke) and he said “well we were going out. We’re not.” and then later that night made another remark about us not actually being together. Have to say that that really hurt me, he says he is going to ask me very soon. He said that about 2 or 3 months ago too… Says he is waiting for the right time, but that doesn’t seem to come. I’m worried that I’m being strung along when he doesn’t know what he wants even though we do act like bf and gf. I haven’t been with anyone in 3 years so this is my first in a long time. I think I may be acting a little immature here, but at the same time I don’t want to commit myself to someone who isn’t willing to officially commit to me. Cause as he said “were not going out”. I have a child to also think of and as much as I want something more to happen I’m afraid he will use the not going out argument for breaking off with me out of the blue. Am I being silly here I need to know. Why would he be so afraid to tell his fam about me if he feels so strongly about me?

1 Like

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. This may be silly, but it's starting to annoy me a little too much

He loves you but won’t call you his girlfriend? That makes no sense. You need a serious chat with him about expectations of this relationship, and if he doesn’t genuinely say what you need to hear then break it off

3 Likes

Been in a similar situation and it really does hurt as you think it’s going some where and then a comment pulls the rug from underneath you and you think what’s all this for :woman_shrugging:t2: tell him your in no rush yourself, but you’d like some reassurance it’s going to go somewhere and that his intentions are genuine. If he can’t give you direct answers then just move on life’s short!

2 Likes

6 months is a hell of a long time not to be official with someone yet.

You’re not being immature you have to be wary because you have a child.

However, if he hasn’t fully committed yet will he ever? I was seeing a guy for 10 months, he would tell me he had feelings for me and really liked me but wanted to be single… we never actually got together because he wasn’t committed to us.

As for not telling his family what exactly is it that’s stopping him?

I would I end it but that’s me and you do whatever you feel is best for you. No matter what anyone tells you you’ll still do what it is you want to do. Just go with your heart and your gut feeling!

1 Like

You’re not being silly at all. Run for the hills, either he can’t or won’t commit because of his own issues or he is still with or hoping to be with his ex. Either way you have your child to think of and this guy certainly isn’t thinking that way. As far as he’s concerned he’s having his cake and eating it by sleeping with you letting you think you’re in a relationship without any real commitment. The longer you let comments like that pass the quicker you become a friend with benefits

3 Likes

He’s too immature, ditch

Do people still have that talk? And wait to be asked to be bf or gf to make it official? If ur not seen other people and are seen each other 6 months and have said yas love each other then yas are together!

Dont put yourself through the hurt hun, if he cannot be open with you or anyone of your in a relationship then ask yourself why doesn’t his mum know? Possibly because he isn’t commited to you and still seeing his ex or other girls? I’m not saying he is so please don’t think that but if he is hiding it then there’s a reason.
You will get hurt… and if you feel like this now then you have to ask yourself is it worth putting yourself and your child through the strain and upset?

I agree above, speak with him tell him you understand he may have other things to deal with that he’s not opening up to you about but if it’s a casual thing he’s after then you are also on the market and if someone comes along then your going to take it.
He may love you but can’t commit but would also hate someone else to have you!

Be careful hun and goodluck xxxx

Run a mile. Your not kids anymore he needs to gros up. I wonder if its because if hes not with you officiallt he can see as many women as he wants?