Thoughts about having passwords on a phone?

What do you all think about having passwords on the phone?

3 Likes

I have a passcode, so does my husband. We also know each others passcodes.

4 Likes

I do because of my kids. My fiance knows my code. My fiance doesnā€™t have one.

1 Like

I have one on my phone to keep my toddler out of my phone. Hubby knows what the password is

3 Likes

My husband, son and I all have passcodes on our phones. Of course we know each otherā€™s pass codes though. I donā€™t put security on my phone to keep my family out-just anyone else!

7 Likes

We both have passwords on our phones. So our kids stay off them & incase we happen to lose our phone or something. But we know each otherā€™s codes. & either of us can grab one anotherā€™s phone at any given time if wanted!:woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Have too! Or my pocket dials. Simple pattern my partner knows. His is a number sequence and I know it as well, hes very prone to pocket calling and texting :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I have a passcode in case my phone is lost so no one can get in and access all the personal info stored on it. My partner knows my passcode and I know his.

Me and my husband both have the same password lol its so our smallest one doesnā€™t get into our phones

We donā€™t use them. But we are always home and have total trust.

You need them for some apps to work, like banking and apple pay. As long as you and your SO arenā€™t keeping the passcode from each other or the kids arenā€™t changing it to keep you out, thereā€™s no issue.

1 Like

We have passcodes so if we misplace our phones Noone can get in. We also have find my phone apps

I have a passcode incase Face ID doesnā€™t work like when I wear a face mask for example. Hubby has pattern on his incase his finger print doesnā€™t read. We know each otherā€™s. And itā€™s good to stop pocket dialling :joy: x

My wife and I both have pass codes and/or fingerprint protection on our phones. We have the same password and our fingerprints are on each otherā€™s phones

1 Like

Everyone should.
What if you lose it, someone will have all your info, pics, msgs, social media.

2 Likes

I have a passcode on my phone because of my children, however the downside is whenever my special needs child gets a hold of it he calls 911 because thatā€™s the only thing to do when its locked

I have a password. Its my phone and if it were to be lost I wouldnt want someone to go through all of my personal information and pictures.

My husband and I both have passwords on our phones but we know each otherā€™s and the only reason they are on there are to keep the kids or others out of our phones not each other

We have one for security purposes. We know each otherā€™s passcodes and so do the kids.

It slows down the usein emergency.

I have a passcode- because kids :woman_shrugging:t2: I donā€™t need the 2 year old accidentally calling/FaceTiming someone again :rofl:

We obviously use them for security from everyone else. No one gets to see my info if they nab it. We know the codes though.

You have to these days. Stored bank info, credit cards, but in a relationship you should know each others

2 Likes

Me&my parther have password to unlock&Face Unlockā€¦ We both have each others passwords& both of our faces can lock each others phones I mainly Have mine locked due to having kids lol

I have a password on mine case I lose it it will lock down after so many trys but my husband and kids no my password to get in my phone

Both my husband and I have to because of work emails
Howeverā€¦ and this is where I think it matterā€¦
He has my password and I have his
But if we change our passwords we donā€™t tell each other. We just tell the other when the other uses the phone and they canā€™t access it

Our kids also know our passwords and my niece is two and knows mine

AKA let me troll and see who I can dupe into giving up private info

Not having a passcode makes your phone a bigger target for theft. Phones are a target for theft regardless, but if you donā€™t make a passcode on your phone it just makes it that much easier

My husbands is coded, mine currently isnā€™t. I know his code. But it wouldnt bother me if I didnā€™t.

My husband and I both have passwords on our phone but we know what they are

We both have passwords on our phone but we both know them itā€™s to keep kids off them :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Im not fond after being in a child loss situation. Imagining if my oldest found him or others navigating call 911 than call us etc i would never on finger print. If a officer was trying to call my spouse from my phone regarding me and my children but couldnā€™t :sob:

My husband and I both have one to keep the kids off them but we know each otherā€™s.

Tf you mean? A password on MY phone? I wish a bitch would complain about it.

I have to because of work emails and my partner rings ppl in his pocket.

But both know each otherā€™s pin

My password is in case my phone gets lost or stolen :woman_shrugging:

We have passwords. But also have each otherā€™s passwords? Lol

I am required to have a passcode on my phone due to using it for business. Even if I wasnā€™t, Iā€™d have a passcode on my phone. I had one as a teenager, Iā€™ve had one while married, I still have one as a divorced adult. Itā€™s only a problem if itā€™s used as a way to hide cheating, lying, inappropriate activities, etcā€¦

Passwords only cause of online banking the kids know both of our pwrds just like I know his & he knows mine

My husband and I have passwords on our phones and iPad.

1 Like

For security purposes you should have them on your phone.

I have a passcode in case I lose my phone but everyone knows it even my BD :joy:

It really depends on the reason, I started putting a passcode on my phone because an old phone that I had kept unlocking in my pocket I donā€™t want to chance it

I have it on minešŸ’ā€ā™€ļø

Neccessary.
My husband knows my passcode. I know his.
But if we didnā€™t have them then our kids would be calling god knows who and posting God knows what on accident

3 Likes

My husband and I both have passwords, but we both know eachothers passwords. My teenager also knows them, but the 1 year old and strangers donā€™t.

2 Likes

We both do but we also know each otherā€™s passwords. Its to keep our kids out. He can go through mine and i go through his. Neither one of us have anything to hide

2 Likes

My husband and I share the same code for both our phones, but even if we didnā€™t, I wouldnā€™t leave my phone unlocked. Too expensive!!!

2 Likes

You should have a password on your phone Incase you would lose it and someone would try to use it!! Me and my boyfriend have passwords but we both have each otherā€™s. No secrets nothing to hide.

2 Likes

I have no passcode but i also dont leave home :joy: i have nothing to hide but if I was out more regular I would probably have one in case it was lost, joe blow wouldnt have access to all my info. There should be no secrets in a relationship, but I also dont look through my partners phone.

1 Like

I have one because even though I have to log into the individual apps I have access to confidential files through it and want the extra layer of protection. Hubby has my pin code if he needs the phone but not the pwā€™s to the confidential stuff.

I never cared for them so I donā€™t use them. I expect to have the password of any partner Iā€™m dating not that I want to go through the phone but if I need access to text or call on their behalf etc also bc it shows trust.

1 Like

I have a password and two fingerprints on my phone if my phone could be opened with only my dna id use that optionā€¦girls gotta have some privacy hahaha

We have passwords but we know eachother a passwords and use each otherā€™s phones regularly.

2 Likes

Well it makes sense if phone gets lost or stolen

I have kids. Kids touch and delete crap. My significant other, myself and son all know each others codes. But the 3&5 year old cant mess with our phones.

2 Likes

I have one. for multiple reasons. mainly because LO cant get in

If I have to look through someoneā€™s phone to see what they are doing. I ainā€™t going to be with that person.

I have one, if my phone is lost no one else can access

We both have one because we butt dial. Lmao
But. We both know each otherā€™s passwords.
Thereā€™s nothing to hide :woman_shrugging:t4:

Fingerprint lock and we both have are print in each others phones

1 Like

I have one but only cause Iā€™m fascinated by the biometrics on my new phone :joy::joy:

I do cause i ALWAYS buttdial. Its super easy and everyone knows my password

1 Like

I think itā€™s stupid. I donā€™t have one or need one.

My husband and I both do but we both know each otherā€™s passcodes.

1 Like

Hubby and I also use the same passwordā€¦

I have one because work and kids :woman_shrugging:t3:

I mean you wouldnā€™t want to see whats on mine haha :rofl: passwords yes

My husband and I both have a passcode. Itā€™s the same code but Iā€™ve never had a reason to snoop. If either phone rings and weā€™re in another room whoever is closest will answer it. No problem.

Iā€™m indifferent and donā€™t really care

2 Likes

Does your husband have one now and your concerned? Do you want one because you want to keep secrets from your husband? Thereā€™s a ton of reasons and " why / why nots ".

Meh we both do. He can also unlock my phone vice versa