Thoughts on getting your tubes tied right after birth?

A friend of mine got her tubes tied after her c-section. Her recovery time was a smidge longer…but not much. She didn’t have issues with bleeding. She still doesn’t have any issues. It’s a basic procedure. Don’t let your fears (or ignorant people) stop you from doing what you want.

If some how down the line you changed your mind and want another baby you can always get it reversed. There’s also other options out there.

1 Like

I had mine done. I’m fine recovery was a little harder than usual but nothing major

I had no problem. I had c section and they did my tubal ligation right them.

All I suggest is get them burned not just tied. You can still get pregnant after your tubes are tied.

2 Likes

do it, you will be very happy you did…if you really don’t want any more children.

1 Like

I had mine done right after birth (c-section) I’ve noticed for myself I dont get my period every month ever since then. Once ever 4- 6 months and when it hits it hits hard. Trying to get it untied. They said it’s not from the tubes being tied but every test comes back normal. Only option I can think of.

I had it done 7 months ago after giving birth. I had absolutely no problems or extra pains etc. I healed very normal and if you really want it, it’s best & least expensive to do it all at once instead of a second surgery down the road.

I was 27 when I have my youngest son . And I tied my tubes after deliver him. I Never have any problem . The only thing I been noticed the menopause symptoms come early.

Had ny tubes cut, tied and burned during my c section with my daughter. I am now 6 weeks post operation and already had my first period and done bleeding. My hormones were kind of crazy for a minute and I bled for 6 weeks straight. This first period I just went through was very heavy and crampy but only last 4 days. I say if you are truly done then go for it. I would rather deal with some blood and cramps than another screaming baby that I couldn’t afford anyways. I have 2 kids already a 2 year old boy and a 6 week old girl and I am 33 and don’t want anymore. Don’t let some of these women make you feel bad. If you are done there is nothing wrong with that. Some woman don’t want kids at all and that is fine too. Doesn’t make them any less of a woman.

Did mine right after birth

1 Like

Had it done few hours after I had my second son most easiest thing …little saw around belly button but within a few days was fine…never had problem after and that was 24 years ago

Just a consideration but why not have him get it done? It’s a quick procedure.

Did mine an hour or two after birth no problems

I got my tubes tied the same day I had my son via c section. The recovery wasn’t as bad as the stories you hear. You just really need to take it easy. It’s been almost 10 years later still so glad I got it done. Best of luck to you hun.

It is really hard on u. I did it that way and it was really hard.

I had a c-section and done it same time after, the bleeding was for 2 months and I’m okay now.

Wish I never did mine. Cramps are horrible. Bleed way more then before. If I knew now what I didn’t then I would’ve never gotten the procedure done. There are things they don’t tell you that can happen. For those who don’t have issues consider yourself lucky.

1 Like

Best thing I have ever done

1 Like

Had mine burnt after my last. My words to the doctor were after being asked 5 times if I was sure I didn’t want anymore kids, cut em, tie em, burn em, pull em out and stomp on em. I’m don’t want another kid. All was fine I just get bad cramps now as to where I never did before then.

I had mine done during my c section 3 years ago. Nothing different in pain or bleeding. I would say though my period pain is a lot worse now and my periods are a lot heavier.

I had it done straight after my third baby was born…I was perfect my recovery was perfect pain is not worse and you don’t bleed more and all is well here no problems. Hope this has helped you.

I waited 8 weeks postpartum, then did it. no problems at all

I had my tubes tied after I had my son I didnt find any differance but I also had a c section wasnt in any more pain then I was with the other births of my children I knew I was done after baby number 5

I had mine out after recovery because my csection was an emergency. I had her in August and mine was done in December. They took them completely out tho not just tied them

I did my right after birth they were still cleaning my daughter when they wheeled me out. Im so happy I did it but the pain was intense it was worse than the labor pain but he said he burned mine good maybe that’s why but I suggest doing it all in one it was a long night of pain that night for me.

Please don’t do it…please…unless your other half is also having it done…think long and hard…it isn’t good odds of a reversal if done and you can’t ever have any more children…

Depends on how old you are because mine was done in my 20s and with I did not get it done. I did not have any problems after it was done. I cramped a little more but that’s it

If you are done then I would suggest it it may not seem like a good idea at the time but I promise it is worth not having to worry

I wanted to do it but the doctor told me that they don’t do it anymore when you are in the delivery room if is natural, just when is c-section… you need another procedure and it was impossible so my husband got the vasectomy…

I had mine done. I didn’t feel any different. However my period went from 3 days to 8. :neutral_face: and the cramps suck so bad.

One of the best decisions I ever made.

Should ask your partner I personally think every woman’s different but we as a whole have so much more to take into consideration and not just, it hurts’ xx

This was years ago but I waited until after my 6 week check up, so roughly about 7 to 8 weeks after. My doctor suggested that I heal from the delivery before undergoing getting my tubes tied. Don’t rush it because I have heard some horror stories that blew me away.

I wanted my cut and burned as I was having a girl and already had a boy…but there is this law here in chicago that I would have needed my now ex husband’s consent and he flat out refused saying you will have more kids…only have two and I am divorced but I would have done it then…now I am too old and thank goodness

I had mine tied 10 years ago. My husband at the time passed away 2 years after I had it done. I am now remarried and still very happy with my 2 bio children but at times I wish I could have one more! Just think long and hard about it!

I was sterilized on the pretext of cancer, they took my uterus and cervix…that was in 1982 and after the first year, BEST decision I ever did. It was hard at first (mentally) but the surgical was normal recoup time. Never a period again and no worry of cervix or uterine cancer, 2 birds with one stone. If you are really serious about no more kids (partial hysterectomy) then I suggest the cervix/uterus removed. If you’re not real sure, go with tubes tied, just know that you still have periods (change can make it 3 weeks a month, large blood clots and so on) and the chance of cancer with the cervix and/or uterus. Every woman is at risk for cervix cancer if she has had sex, the curse for being a woman. I wanted to see me 1 yr old graduate high school, I’ve seen her do that, become an RN and have 3 beautiful children, I got more than I wished for and NO CANCER SCARES EITHER. Good Luck on your choice, it is life altering one.

I had mine after my second, I already had a girl. I was 26, 28 now. I had a c section and they did it while I was still open. It was perfect and no extra crap to deal with👍

My doctor performed that surgery the same day I gave birth and I nearly bled to death. I would suggest waiting until you have healed ( maybe 6 weeks or more.)

I had a planned c-section (high risk, complete placenta previa). I had my tubal as soon as my son was born. One surgery. My recovery time was around 5 weeks for the c section

I had my tubes removed. I’m not sure what it’s called. My dr told me it will help prevent some type of cancer. It took about a week to recover and I have no regrets.

I had it done after a second C-section. No real difference. 14 years surprise free.

I had mine done when i had my last c section. But they took my tubes out. Nothing major afterwards with my period.

Get him snipped!!! Easier than you don’t have to worry about anything!

4 Likes

I had it done at the same time as c section. Nothing different other than the estrogen patch on my hip :slight_smile:

My only issue with having my tubes tied is it seems to have made my pms worse. Maybe just a coincidence.

Time changes your thoughts and perceptions. I would wait. I waited 7 years and later was still sorry I never had 1 more.

I had mine done 8 hours after the birth of my last child. They left the Epidural in and added meds into it right before I had it done. When the meds wore off. I was in A Lot of pain. They immediately gave me a shot. After that it was a piece of cake! Never regretted it.

It was a 2 week recovery. Better to recover once than twice! I had mine done 24 hours after birth cuz I was hungry :joy::joy::joy:

I had no issues, just make sure you have the letter on you when you go to deliver

1 Like

WHY?!.. nowadays… There are way better methods today from getting preggo, injections lasting 3 mo to a year…

Best thing I’ve done and nothing changed, no extra pains, no heavier periods ( mine are already very heavy) and no complications.

Don’t do it they told me I would end up with a hysterectomy in 2 years and I did

I had mine done the day after my last child was born, there was no changing my mind by anyone. I lost a child 10 years later but if I had known that was going to happen I still wouldn’t have changed my mind. You know when you’re done, I had 3 children and I was never going to have any more. Do it if it feels right for you, Good Luck :heart:

My thing is this you wasn’t born that way scrap it up be more cautious and careful how you doing it ain’t what you do it’s how you do it

Yes n don’t regret it had two n was done, we both agreed

1 Like

I had it done moments after my son was born. After a horrible pregnancy, I knew I could never do it again.

I had a csection so they did it whilst they were there. I had had a previous csection and noticed no difference in bleeding / pain post op between the straight csection and csection plus tubal ligation.

I did it 8 years ago. A bit different pain, but don’t regret it at all.

I got my tubes tied a month after my youngest was born. There was slight discomfort, but nothing you can’t handle. It’s almost like having a belly ache.

I had my tubes done after birth it worked out fine and saved going on a waiting list
Later on when yo can wait for years

Personally I would wait to make sure your son is in good health.u never know what could happen in 6 months.let your body.heal first the decide about tubes tied.justntake protection until.then

I had a tubaligation appx 4 hours after giving birth to my youngest daughter. I didn’t have a problem with recovery at all. One of my best decisions, no regrets.

Had mine done immediately after csection, no problems

2 Likes

I was 41 when I had my youngest c section. No question on I was tying those suckers!

I did it 3 years ago after my last child right after c section, and dont regret it at all so I would say if ur sure u dont want anymore then do it, but make sure ur partner agrees, but ultimately with or without ur curtent partner if u know u never want anymore kids then do the procedure. As far as the other stuff every women is different and body’s different so no way to tell if more or less pain/healing, heavier or lighter period, cause other issues or not, cause every body is different and reacts differently.

Do it!!!
You will never have to worry about BC again, and who wants to keep having more kids nowadays?

10 years ago…no regrets or problems!

Had mine done 13 years ago. No pain. Able to go to work 2 days later. Some restrictions for 2 weeks after ie lifting, bending, strenuous exersize. No regret.

I had mine cut burned and tied. The day of birth. No problems.