Thoughts on men/women posting selfies on snapchat?

Bro. We aren’t 12. I like shit my gf doesn’t Vice versa.

It’s a selfie…oml, who cares… if the person is doing something that seems untrustworthy then I can see why you would feel this way. But a picture is a picture…sheesh, it’s not that serious.

4 Likes

Well I don’t put too much of my kids on the internet but I never really just post selfies either :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Maybe they just like to themselves

It’s just as easy to delete the app as it is to download it. You can mute stories, unfriend people, & block them. :joy: You can even tell ‘em how ya feel, but it’s not like you have to look at their pictures.

I don’t see the problem? :joy:

1 Like

First off it’s snapchat. I don’t know about you but my children, their pictures, experiences, accomplishments and adventures deserve more than a “snap” post that last 24hrs, they deserve permanent posts with novel length captions. Snapchat is for kids tbh so as an adult who has one, I see it’s just for fun filters. But my main question is, why is it not ok to still be an individual or have things just for yourself once you’re a parent. Most of us dedicate every day of our lives to our children, what wrong if they use snapchat just for themselves?

7 Likes

I’ve only done a couple of selfies but not to post on social media

1 Like

It’s for attention whores

Definitely weird but whatever… at that point if SO wants to be single online he better be ready to be single IRL. I’m not doing that double life double personality shit

Nothing wrong with it. I have friends who will NOT post their kids no matter what. As to a SO, not everyone wants that much public, or perhaps they don’t have any.

2 Likes

I seen nothing wrong with them not posting photos of their children. Lots of weirdos out there!

4 Likes

Ermmmm…and why is it bothering you? If you ask me, this is where and how drama starts😒

4 Likes

You are picking fights that make you look silly. Lol.

3 Likes

I have a friend who takes extremely overly edited selfies almost every single day!
She also uses beauty filters on her young kids!
It’s weird. :grimacing:

2 Likes

i thought the pics disappear on snapchat? i only use for filters, save it, then post on fb. i hear snapchat is for kids and ppl who send naugty pics but they can be screenshotted too.

I don’t know why it matters. Some people don’t post pics of their kids because of perverts. Not everyone has to post pics of their significant other.

5 Likes

Coming from MY personal experience i posted selfies on snap for attention. I liked the compliments I’d receive. Now that I’ve been in a relationship for 6 months I don’t feel the need or want to receive that sort of attention from others. If I want to show off how cute I am feeling I will send the picture personally to him or even to my close friends. Everyone is different though. That being said i don’t think it’s wrong for a male or female to seek attention that makes them feel good. Obviously there’s a line crossed if flirting is involved but I consider it the same as my boyfriend getting compliments at the bar or whatever. If you are in a healthy relationship with someone then that sort of stuff shouldn’t bother you. I’m like “YASSS TELL MY MAN HES HOT. I know he is.” :joy:

2 Likes

When I had snapchat I never posted pictures of my daughter. There are too many creepy people out there now a days. I mean the way I look at it is… It’s none of your business? People are gonna do what they wanna do. Even though I’m not a selfie person maybe that is just how they are. It has nothing to do with you. If you don’t like it, don’t follow that person or just keep scrolling because they are doing what they want to do.

1 Like

I mean… I do that. Lol I don’t see an issue. I don’t my kids on every little piece of anything when I post something.

Instagram has very few kids pics…I don’t like their photos edited and they have albums on Facebook. Instagram is where I go to post my own confidence building photos. But not every day it’s more like twice a month

I’m with ya… I’m not a selfie type person, so I really don’t get it either… :woman_shrugging: