Thoughts on the Baby Name Ragnar?

This question was submitted to our community via our Facebook page and/or our Answers forum. Responses are also taken from the community. If you have your own parenting or relationship question you would like answers to, submit on Facebook or Answers.

QUESTION:

"My family has an issue with the baby name that my husband and I picked out and now he wants to change it…i dont want to and dont really care what anyone else things…is the name Ragnar really that bad? I dont think it is but now my husband thinks its hoRrIblE due to his mom"

RELATED: 40 Baby Names with Surprisingly Bizarre, Dark, or Otherwise Weird Meanings and Origins

TOP ANSWERS (AS SELECTED BY MODERATOR):

The following top answers have been selected by a moderator from hundreds of responses to the original question.

"I mean, my kids once went to school with a set of twins named lightening and thunder so… I think you’re good. Lol And yes those were the kids legal names."

"Name your baby whatever you want!"

"Ragnar Lodbrok was a legendary Viking hero, as well as a legendary Danish and Swedish king."

"I think you should name your baby whatever you want. Don’t let anyone change your mind. Only thing to consider is how it will sound when they are adults."

"Tell mama she already got to name HER babies. This is none of her business and she should have said she loved it regardless and her personal opinion or preference. And your husband liked it before, so I would tell him to grow a pair and tell his mom he agrees with you and loves it. Just my take"

"This child will have to go to school and other kids can be cruel just remember that …"

"If you’re ok with his nickname being “Rag” then go ahead."

"I’m a teacher. There are definitely worse. It’s unusual, maybe a little odd. But if you like it, you like it!"

"I like it tbh. You can call him by his middle name if he doesn’t like it"

"You do you girl, family said my son’s name Floyd was too old school, but I kept it his name and I LOVE it"

Have a response to this question? Leave it below to help a mama out! Or leave your own question and get responses from real moms!

READ ALL ANSWERS BELOW:

My son was born June 17th 2022 I named him Rangar Magus klaus Fernando. The name Fernando after his dad so I think the name Ragnar is awesome