Tips on helping with morning sickness?

Six weeks five days pregnant, and sicker this time around than I was with my first:( any suggestions on ways to handle it?? Did anyone else’s sickness start this early on?? The last time mine didn’t start till 8,9 weeks. please any advice will be helpful

5 Likes

Stay hydrated! Very very hydrated!
Because once it hits, it hits hard!

Ginger chews … Amazon

Mine started that early too, It was awful. I used seabands and ate hard peppermint candy. Im sorry, I hope it gets better for you!

ASK YOUR DR IF OK FOR YOU…
Monster Rehab are amazing for morning sickness. they have 200% daily B12, and B6

1 Like

Take unisom the tablet not gels the night before. I was sick day and night and that helped with all 3 of my pregnancys. U can research it online too

I am currently pregnant, this will be my third baby :blush:… my other two I didn’t really get sick at all, this time my whole first trimester I get sick. I’ve had to learn to sip water consistently and to eat every 2-3 hours literally. Small frequent meals makes all the difference

Saltine crackers, ginger ale, Sprite, bread.

1 Like

I’m 13 weeks and ginger ale helps a ton!! Also I was just told B6 vitamins help, haven’t tried the B6 vitamins yet.

Salty tortilla chips saved me

Honestly… nothing helped much. I tried the seabands and they made it worse. I was able to suck on jolly ranchers but even those made me sick after awhile. My doc had me taking benadryl at night and I definitely got more sick during the day without it.

I was sick the whole dam pregnancy lived on ginger tablets and nausea meds and saltines

Anything mint flavored

You might have hyperemesis gravidarum.

Pickles helped with my nausea. I would be nauseaus all day off and on. I ate pickles one day because they sounded good and then the nausea went away. So I started eating pickles and it worked every time

Ginger!! Candied ginger, ginger beer, anything with ginger was a life saver. I was sick as hell my first trimester all three pregnancies. Just now feeling better on this one. Good luck!

I take anti nausea medication prescribed by my doc since all the natural stuff wasn’t cutting it. Zero issues and I feel great.

Small frequent meals, ginger mints from wegmans or ginger ale

Mints. They help settle your stomach a bit

Zofran,crackers,and lots of water

Plain chips help to keep salt intake, not a big bag…lol…gingerale , peppermint tea, small meals…like veggie soup…light eating…sips of water throughout day. Don’t want to get dehydrated

Try eating 3 dates every morning. Really helpful.

When I had mine I ate saltine crackers and it helped me out

Diclegis is the only thing that helped me

Was sick with all 3 pregnancies, all girls, but pickles saved the day!! Good luck!:heart:

I was super sick with my second pregnancy…from the beginning, all the way through until 26 weeks. I ate a lot of goldfish crackers and clementines…and drank water. Chewing mint gum helped, too. Best of luck! Hope you feel better soon :blush:

Morning sickness candies from bye bye baby

Unison sleep tabs not gels and b6 at night! I did this after my doctor recommend and helped so much!

2 Likes

Ginger candy, preggo drops/pops. Crackers before your feet touch the floor out of bed in the morning or after naps, ice water, ANYTHING GINGER!

I had HG so I was more than sick constantly. Keep some crackers by the bed and water, sprite, or ginger ale.

Vitamin B in the morning and unisom at night. Unisom is a sleep aide as well

Grapefruits, apple juice (water made mine worse) crackers & sour candy & mints & if you dont have low iron see if you can switch to a gummy prenatal instead of one with iron cause that makes morning sickness worse !

I have them too right now day and night it’s the worst I felt In a long time … never had them from my son or daughter

Saltines and ginger ale is the only thing that helped me. Mine started at 17 wks and lasted all the way until 40 wks. Hope you find some relief!!

1 Like

No joke just sniff your rubbing alcohol. Like 2 deep sniffs and it does the trick every time!!

1 Like

1 table spoon of icecream 4 me

I bet ur having a girl!!! Them little bitches try to kill u in the womb!!! Both of mine tried their best to take me down!!!:joy::wink:

Unisom is the only thing that helped me. I’ve been sick ever since I found out I was pregnant. I’m 35 and 2 days

Try what ever sounds good because sounds different with every body… Try everything and hope something works!

I had to eat crackers before I could get out of bed in the morning. I kept them on the night stand. I also took prenatal vitamins at night because they made me sick if I took them in the morning.

2 Likes

Medical marijuana if you’re in a legal state or try cbd products honestly cbd by itself doesn’t do it for me i need the thc as well

1 Like

I had a box of animal crackers next to my bed for both pregnancies. I needed the carbs and a hint of sugar. I also loved on pasta.

My crap kicked in 4.5 weeks I had HG so it ended at delivery I used promethazine until it stopped working (works for a lot of people though) and diclegis aka unisom+b6. If your OBGYN is worth anything they will know this stuff can be serious and get you on one or a cocktail of meds. I was on both antacid and anti nausea meds the whole time and its the only reason I essentially survived.
Edit: 1 dollar plastic mop buckets from dollar tree/general are a lifesaver when you are puking everywhere also I think amazon has emesis bags. Good luck and lots of support!

Talk to your doctor.

Ginger is suppose to help stop puking get some ginger ale also heard flat come could help

Ginger gum, I bought at Walgreens at 3:00 AM because I could not sleep through the nausea… it was a lifesaver!!!

Avoid strong smells and eat whatever sounds good. If I ate anything that didn’t sound good I would be sick afterwards. If it is really bad then you can try a unisom and B6 before bed, I took that with my son it’s the only way I could get to work in the morning.

Mine. Started from the beginning and lasted 4 months. I lived off mashed potatoes and pizza. Unisom helped me some. But couldn’t find anything that would make it go away.

Take B vitamins!! It was the only thing that allowed me to eat during the first 18 weeks of my first pregnancy.

Yes, lots of water. Small snacks. Ginger tea. Sometimes its so bad you may need medication from your OB

Travel sickness bands. Honestly even if it is psychological it helped alot

Unisom and B6, keeping food in you’re stomach, lots of ways. Mine was. Keeping food in my stomach.

with my son I had it from the beginning til 12w and it started back around 32w. with my daughter I had it from the beginning til about 28w, the only thing that helped was zofran and peppermint gum but the gum got gross after like 2 weeks, then it was just terrible gagging at the sight or smell of things.

Dont eat too much. And make sure you eat a little something every few hours. To keep something on your stomach. And sour candies help too!

preggie pop drops worked great for me!

Eat soda crackers before you get out of bed

1 Like

I could not have survived my pregnancies without a RX for Diclegis

White soda cra ckers

I usually get morning sickness in my stomach when I don’t drink my morning mtn dew

Gravel and pedialyte helped me

my dr… told me to stop taking prenatal vitamins. worked like a charm!

Mine usually starts the day i am supposed to start my period so i already know without taking a test that i am pregnant… can’t give you any advice though coz i threw up all the way till i delivered… 1 thing though, i threw up empty stomach in the morning, then ate food… it stayed in for a couple hours before i threw up again… find a food that you can keep doe for atleast couple hours… thats enough for your body to process it and give you energy… i found eggs and pizza was what i could keep in for a few hours or mostly never threw up after eating them… also sprite was my best friend as it would keep rhe nausea away and rid of gastric as well… good luck…

Back in the saltine crackers and milk by your bed helped us a lot and is safe

I kept gingerbread cookies on my nightstand. I had hyperthyroidism when I was pregnant and was sooo sick the whole time! Small meals, snack when you can, lots of water. Good luck! Hope you get some relief!

Eat protein the night before. Cheese and salami

Crackers next to the bed. Sit up slowly. Choose prenatal vitamins carefully. I had to use gummies because the ones you have to swallow made my sickness worse

What helped me was gravol ginger chews, they are totally safe and the ginger taste helped and they settled my tummy almost instantly! Also when I didn’t want to eat I would just make smoothies with fruit, ice, spinach and almond milk nice and cold and atleast you’re getting some nutrients! I lost weight my first trimester I was so sick all the time mostly at night so I lived off smoothies and soup, I hope you get some relief :heart: try to take your prenatals when you tend to feel the best I always took mine in the early am cause my sickness didn’t usually start until mid day, if you are usually okay at night take them before bed throwing them up hurts and you want to keep them in to get absorbed :slight_smile:

Vitamin B6 and half a unisom at night. It’s what my doctor recommended and was the only thing that took the edge off!!

2 Likes

Sick all the way thru deluvery. I started with in a couple weeks of getting pregnant. All three of mine were like that.

I used the pink stork transdermal magnesium spray…worked wonders

Pink stork morning sickness candies or pickle juice

Bonjesta is the only thing that’s works for me totally recommend it!

Ginger by far helps…ginger ale, ginger snap s…

Lemonade. High in vitamin B6.

Ginger chews or ginger vitamins helped me some
And this is my second and was sicker this time around

1 Like

Eating a little every half hour or so. Never let your stomach get empty. Peppermint candies worked for me but everyone is different. But the main thing is don’t let yourself get hungry. Good luck, morning sickness definitely sucks and you feel like it will never end.

2 Likes

Peppermints helped me

1 Like

Ginger chews - from health food store. Peppermint pure or all natural not the kind load with sugar, sugar increase my heartburn and morning sickness.

My daughter takes bonjesta… the best… I sure wish it was around when I was pregnant… being sick 24/7 x 9 months

Saltines crackers&sprite or ginger ale.I got sick at 6wks with my daughter and was 4wks with my son.just the smell of coffee or bacon made me sick.ask about OTC Dramamine.

Guess Im lucky! No morning sickness for me annd I’m 35 weeks :open_mouth:

1 Like

I’m 20 weeks into my 4th pregnancy and my sickness just ended a few weeks ago. Pretty sure it started as soon as I got pregnant too! Was never this bad with any of my other pregnancies. Make sure and drink lots of water.

Ginger chews helped me as well as sucking on lemon heads candy. Dramamine is ok for severe sickness.

Morning sickness all day, everyday, from 2 weeks all the way to birth, for both my pregnancies. The is last time they gave me a vitamin, I believe it was vitamin B. Worked wonders.

1 Like

My morning sickness started that early and only thing that help was anti nausea medicine from the Dr .

Fresh homemade ginger tea…my grandmother had 7 kids and swore by soda crackers on her nightstand (eat one before getting out of bed)

Saltine crackers with mustard on them or anything sour.

Saltine crackers may help !:thinking:

1 Like

Old remedy but it sure did work with me. Saltines. Keep them by your bed.