Tips on long car rides with kids?

Okay mamas! Me and my 4yr old are moving from MI to CA in early July. We are driving all the way there! I will have a passenger to help me, but I need all your best tips, tricks, and hacks for a 36 hour road trip! Feel free to link me any organizers/toys/ect that helped you on any long trips!

4 Likes

Snacks toys and eye spy also frequent stops does help lol I drove so dad was the one entertaining them we have 3 lol a 15 month old a 4 year old and 7 year old and a dog on this trip this pic they all passed out we had to stop and move everyone so they were comfy and safe

They make window markers
You clean off and she can start again

Color car game
You pick a color each
And see who sees the most of their color

Stop at parks ever so often to let her run off energy and stretch

Make up ziplock snack bags for trip and let her hand out snacks when time
Her job for trip

Make a pandora list of songs for kiddos
Sing along
Or favorite music

When we go on car rides I make the kids a goodie bag with crayons. Coloring books. Stickers etc and we do a snackelbox. I got small divided boxes at harbor fright they’ve got removes bins and fill out with different snacks

Definitely consider getting a portable DVD player! I think still sells it in the electronics area. If not in store, online. I’m originally from New Orleans and currently live in St. Louis, MO. My son and I would go down once a year to visit family. We always made sure to pack the DVD player and movies. It kept him occupied for a while, but you’re driving a lot further!

Take a kids training potty. My daughter was able to use it in my hatchback.

1 Like

I printed car scavenger hunts, and other car games.

You can reach out to Josh_recovery on INSTAGRAM , he helped me recover my account when it was hacked. Here’s his link so you can message him it.Josh Micheal (@josh_recovery.4) • Instagram photos and videos

I always drove during the night when my kids were littler cause they’d sleep most of the way

My son is a little older, but we make him a “snackle box” and give him an activity book. He’s usually great, except for the potty stops!