Tips on parenting a child with ADHD?

Keep your child very active with sports, I have a child who is ADD, and a child with oppositional defiant disorder. My Add daughter benefited from sports and lots of activities. I never let her have down time as that is when she acted up. My other daughter it didnt matter what we did with her she was downright disrespectful and if she didnt get her way my life was hell. She eventually outgrew a lot of it but it didnt get better till she moved out of my house.

Thereā€™s a multitude of help out there. You know professionals.

My heart goes out to you may it all work out n ur a great mom for for doing everything u can never doubt thatšŸ˜‰

If sheā€™s never misbehaved in school how does she know about basement detention.Maybe you should check into that? If she can behave in school she has self control.Could something sexyal be happening at school?

Definitely agrees with Laura McCarthy she needs professional help for real ADD and ADHD never ever says itā€™s okay or appropriate to touch someone else inappropriately at any time there may be some underlying issues going on that are not add or ADHD so many people want to holler add or ADHD and they are misdiagnosed so definitely seek professional help medication is not the answer professional help is

1 Like

Stay away from processed foods and anything with red dye in it. Also when she is really bouncing off the walls and totally out of control and Hyper give her a can of Mountain Dew to drink. Believe it or not the caffeine counteracts the hyperactivity in children with ADHD and it will actually calm her down. I have a child who is now 22 years old who was born with severe ADHD and bipolar disorder and used to take five different medications a day just to be like a regular person. He couldnā€™t even function in school without being in a special class with him and three other children. But he worked his way all the way up the ladder to all gifted classes no medication whatsoever now and is about to graduate from college as a full-fledged electrician. So your daughter can overcome all of this.

Have tests done I have a 12 year old with misbehavior problems days a want to run away and not come back itā€™s so bad Iā€™m having her retested again

Try giving her coffee. This has an opposite effect with ppl having adhd. It calms them and they can focus better. If it is indeed adhd

I had adhd as a child and high amounts of caffeine always calmed me down. Caffeine has the opposite effect on me

Look up ADHD DIET on the internet it works wonders and u can pin point what food item make it worse

Itā€™s hard had to put my son into couny

Could be ADHD or ODD

Medication isnā€™t always a answer.

Keep busy sports after school things n coffee