Tis the season for depression and self doubt

As a single Mom of three with little to no help from outside my home I am struggling. How do y’all do it? How do you keep a smile? All I want to do is cry. Everytime my kids ask me what we are eating tomorrow all I can say is turkey…and only because it has been in my freezer for 3 years now. I do not know how to keep going. My kids deserve so much better than what I can give them right now.
Prayers and good vibes welcome.

125 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Tis the season for depression and self doubt - Mamas Uncut

Apply for help and pray

Prayers lots of prayers God is good and an a on time god .Pray an believe sweetheart it will get better.Best wishes to you guys!

3 Likes

Call the 211 number, call the churches near you, join pay it forward pages,

2 Likes

Apply for help. Make an appointment with someone by your to see your options.

2 Likes

Please ask for help off local people!! Maybe health professionals etc! Don’t struggle and please don’t let yourself get any worse!! I am sure your a great mum and love your children more than anything!! Don’t ever be afraid to ask for help when it’s needed! X

1 Like

Get into therapy. It helps. Where are you located?

1 Like

Apply for food assistance. Contact local churches.

1 Like

Um not trying to be rude but it’s going to get worst feeding them rotten food. You can’t keep meat over a year even in the freezer let alone 3 years.

Reach out to your local county office and tell them you need assistance. Look for a food pantry in your neighborhood or any of the churches that can help, we have a county food bank where i live. There are resources to help you just have to ask. May god guide you and bless you and your family.:heart::green_heart:

3 Likes

Where are you located?

Single mama of 3 little sour patch boys. The struggle is REAL and constant, but when you look at your whole life, this struggle will be a very short chapter. What your babies remember is your presence, not what they have.

If you need a friend, my inbox is open. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Most churches have food pantries. Please reach out for help.

There are lots of food banks and charity’s around. You don’t have to be buying expensive things to be a good mom. Listen you are a fantastic mum who showers her children with love, has food in her children’s bellys, clothes on their back and a roof over there head. Being a mom isn’t easy you are doing the best you can don’t be too hard on yourself , things will get better and fall into place. When your children are old enough they will see the hardship you went through for them and they will love and appreciate it. Your doing good momma keep going :heart: put the turkey into different dishes e.g turkey pasta bake, turkey and rice, turkey curry, turkey and chips etc. All we can do is our best x

Best thing you can do for the kids, is take care of you. Go outside everyday possible for 20 minutes Counseling. Small steps. Seek help. God’s blessings

Prayers that all gets better for you hang in there Mama there is help out there for you and children

1 Like

Find a church home!!!

2 Likes

Hey momma. What helps me is remember that everyday, my son wakes up just to come find me. Whenever he is scared or someone tells him he did something bad, he looks to me for reassurance.

For the other part of being overwhelmed. Take a self care day. People have said ask local churches. There are good people to watch them and maybe even cheap or free! Take it. Create a book about each of your babies(what they need, allergies, emergency contacts, etc) and that way you don’t even have to worry about someone taking care of them wrong.

I do it. And I do so much better with my boy. He’s in daycare of course now “Pre-K” so it helps immensely!

Food banks and local churches can help and even get gifts and Christmas stuff for the holidays.

2 Likes

Go to a church and ask for help.

I completely understand where you are coming from. Heading into a deep depression myself because I am no longer going to have my kids as much they are going to their dad’s Monday through Friday now because he lives with his mom and dad and they can help and watch the kids. So I can work full-time. It’s so hard being a single mom.

Ask for help for food. Churches and literally almost anywhere is happy to give to a mother and children.

If you love your children material stuff is just stuff. Hang in there girl you’ve got this.

1 Like

Dshs for food stamps or there are many local food banks

Been there, done that. Mine are all grown now. Best thing for kids is love. Be great full for a turkey in freezer stop thinking about what you don’t have, and have gratitude for what you do have….one day at a time.
This too shall pass.
When my kids got older and realized we lived below the poverty line they said…”mom we didn’t know we were poor”
It gets better.

There are many resources available. Many you just apply online, so if transportation is an issue, it will not keep you from getting help. There is no reason for you and your sweet babes to go without food! I totally get being overwhelmed and feeling hopeless, but you will feel so much better knowing your babies are fed. Also, search online for food banks in your area. Alot of places also do adopt a family for Christmas and will buy gifts for you to give your children on Christmas. Help is out there, you just have to be proactive. Best of luck to you :heart:

This post was posted like a week ago already…I remember cause I’m a single parent myself and I know the struggles

5 Likes

Turkey is better than nothing mix it up a little say its chicken depending on their age pork x

I would go to a food bank. You can get more than Turkey.

Never ever ever feel bad for feeding ur kids eve if it’s a packet of instant noodles

2 Likes

The most important thing you can give your children is your love. That’s what matters to them. Please go to your local Salvation Army for help & they can direct you to other agencies. Your children being away from you for 5 days is too much. Work part time & let the Daddy & his parents help you financially for more support.

The struggle is real. It’s definitely not easy. I can promise you that your kids think that your doing an amazing job. They wouldn’t want to be anywhere else on the planet unless you were there. They would eat turkey every night if that’s what you made. There is no material thing that they would ever want to replace you with. They won’t remember what toys they got for Christmas, but they will remember that they spent every Christmas being loved by you. You are their heart and their home. Nobody compares to mom.
Call 211 to find local food pantries and other help. It’s out there you just have to find it. You are loved. You are needed. You are wanted. You are mom :heart:
My inbox is open. I can help you to find help or I can just listen.

The hardest thing I ever did was ask for help. I (very abruptly) found myself with 3 kids in a state with no family, no friends, no house or $. Got to know my neighbor who insisted I swallow my pride and get gov assistance. Told myself I’d be off in 6months. That little bit of help made the world of difference for the kids and I. We had food again. Had a roof over our head. Gave me time to get a new game plan and get on it. Was out of housing in 5 and kept the food benefits for a little longer while I got a better job. There is so much help there for you, just got to go get it. Just that little bit will ease your mind and help you get out of that mental hole. You got this mama. :two_hearts:

3 Likes

To the OP and everyone that feels the “same way”, you ladies need to get professional help now. Do not be so depressed and unhappy that you are frozen in your despair. Call your primary care physician and get evaluated, get a referral for mental health work up. Your children depend on you, your friends and family love you and care about you. The stigma of mental illness is wrong; if you had a broken arm you would seek help and this is no different. You need help. There is no magic wand where everything is just suddenly ok. I raised 3 grandchildren because my daughter’s post partum depression was not treated appropriately. Please get help. :broken_heart:

2 Likes

This is a repeat post

1 Like

Where do u live .???there r food pantries go to them do not let the kids say tbey r huungry

1 Like

Apply for food assistance, if you struggle with bills apply for low income housing, call churches and ask if they are helping with Christmas gifts or local programs that help with those, call churches and food banks for help with food, find a church home if you’re able to and make friends there. If you don’t have reliable transportation many if the programs can help get you what you need if you simply call and tell them your situation. Most areas have places that can help with rent/bills, low income housing resources, food banks, Christmas assistance, places that give free clothes and shoes for people who need them, places that help with Christmas gifts, etc. Find a local number to call or go online and find resources to help you.

1 Like

I am in the exact same spot (minus the turkey sadly) my heart goes out to you!! I know how hard this is and I am so sorry!

1 Like

Just keep in mind them 3 lil ones are counting on you and you are all they have it doesn’t matter if you eating turkey over and over again as long as you are feeding your babies and they are taken care of you must be doing something right keep your head up and stay strong you got this it’s hard at times but you will get through it all and you can look back and say I done that and I done it by myself good luck to you and your family :pray:

Go apply for food stamps and there is church and salvation army that gives free gifts,at one time or two we’ve all been there but the good Lord always made it happen,my boys are all grown now and these are memories they remember the most being the best ones​:pray::heart::pray::heart::pray:

1 Like

Join a church, church family is amazing! Take advantage of food banks and angel trees, etc in your area. Make the struggle an adventure, these “gifts” from others. It’s not perfect but let it meet your needs until your situation changes. Emphasize to your kids how people share, then share items you don’t need too. Value what you have. Do NOT allow that niggling of doubt in…you are everything to your babies, the best thing in their lives. The rest is just stuff to them.

1 Like

May GOD Bless you in the name of JESUS CHRIST AMEN.

2 Likes

Go to food bank, Get government assist. Make sure to get money from the father(s) every month court ordered. That such help some.

1 Like

Seek immediate counseling for the depression because it’s hard to focus and keep things in perspective when your mental health is suffering. Contact your local public assistance office. They can assist you with things like food and other support that you may need.

2 Likes

It’s not easy! I struggled so much but my kids remember so many good and fun things and not really any of the hard stuff. Just being there for them is huge. Keep grinding and do the best you can!

1 Like

Join this group. People will send u money to get food♥️

1 Like

Repeat post from like a week ago

2 Likes

Struggle is real. But how we do it cause we r warriors and have to keep going for r kids. Times maybe hard now but they do get better. I been a single mom had my family turn their back on me. So me and my children been a lone for years and no matter the struggle we made it here. And I had a baby daddy who would promise my kids things he never was going to give them. And i had to make videogames happen and stuff. U got this. Have faith and remember ur nit alone. U ever need to talk u can add me.

1 Like

Why don’t you apply for food stamps? It’ll help you out a lot! I’m a single mom of 3 and I know how you feel! I have little to no help as well but food stamps is a BIG lifesaver!

2 Likes

Call dhs in your area and tell them. Apply for everything thats available

Go to your Township for help. They can help with just about anything you need. If they can’t help they’ll refer you to someone who can. God bless you and ask God for help, he’s always there.

Just keep smiling… just tell them we do not waste left overs. I’m sure there are places that can assist you with the holidays. I have 6 kids and I cry in front of my kids because it shows them that mom is strong but mom needs a moment. The few times I’ve cried in front of my kids they all understood. Even at a young age they understand

Go to a Food pantry.

I forced myself to play board games, go for long long long walks with our dogs, took them rollerskating, even drove around for 2 hours just to end up at a hotel with an indoor pool 20 mins from home so they could have an adventure. We stayed up eating pizza and snacks and there was no bedtime or wake time. Ordered breakfast at 1030, skipped school…20 mins from home. They have happy memories so it was easier to smile away from home

3 Likes

Do a pot luck! Alot of family’s do it! You make the turkey and tell everyone bring a dish to pass!

I have 5 and single mom. I’m struggling finding a daycare and job that will work with my “mom” hours. Covid shut down the job I had. (Small business) I’ve barely been scrapping by but I’m doing it. Definitely not what I had in mind for my future but I love these kids so much. My oldest is 16 and working on getting his license. He tried to get a job but also wasn’t hired. I know there’s so much hate about being on government assistance and I know I have a lot of kids but this really wasn’t the plan. I have no one. My dad died when I was 11. My mom has dementia and is in a nursing home. Most my moms side of the family are either dead or have some sort of mental disorder or in prison. My dad’s side has more or less turned their back on me. I’m hesitant to meet “friends”. There are just so a dangers especially having been raped and in foster care myself I know church isn’t always a safe place and neither are these foster homes. People in general are just dangerous, youbnever know their anterior motive. I had a neighbor help me only for him to try to kiss me and who knows what else. Not to mention the registered sex offenders that live on my block alone.

Find a church…if you have insurance pls find a counselor. They help more than people think. Really. I hope and pray you can find peace. If your in need of food google your local food banks. :heart:

2 Likes

Tbh when I was going through the hardest time I started selling gently used clothes or items I was not wearing or things in my home I was not using on the platform Poshmark
It truly got me by !
I kid you not !
It got me by for years !
I still sell on there !
I have an invite code if you need it you will get 10.00 just for signing up .

2 Likes

Also I
Use Fetch
Just for literally scanning EVERY SINGLE RECEIPT :receipt: FROM EVERYWHERE
YOU earn gift cards for anywhere
It’s so so so helpful
I’ve had to truly find ways

I really hope these help :heart::heart::pray:t2::pray:t2: Hey, this is how I turn my receipts into free gift cards. Try it and get 2,000 pts! https://fetchrewards.onelink.me/vvv3/referraltext?code=1NWA4

2 Likes

Also I
Use Fetch
Just for literally scanning EVERY SINGLE RECEIPT :receipt: FROM EVERYWHERE
YOU earn gift cards for anywhere
It’s so so so helpful
I’ve had to truly find ways

I really hope these help :heart::heart::pray:t2::pray:t2: Hey, this is how I turn my receipts into free gift cards. Try it and get 2,000 pts! https://fetchrewards.onelink.me/vvv3/referraltext?code=1NWA4

praying things will get better for you and your family

1 Like

Honestly as a single mom of three, lately I don’t have anymore smile in me. I’m not happy I’m tired and overwhelmed and anxious. Some days I feel so miserable because I can’t do the things for them that all these people at school can for their kids. I don’t have a huge family or parents that take my kids so I can get a break. You just have to keep fighting. This storm never lasts forever I promise you that.

5 Likes

Momma hang in there you got this because God has got you. Talk to him, ask in His name and believe. You will receive blessings. Your kids need you, teach them to pray also , for themselves and for momma. Heavenly Father you know the burdens that threaten to break this momma’s spirit, please provide what she needs, so that she see the beauty of your love and so that she will continue to come to you in prayer and praise your Holy name in love and appreciation for your miracles. In Jesus Holy name I pray and thank you for hearing and providing.

3 Likes

Go to TikTok and tell them what you’re going through and add your cash app there’s a whole community of people who help each other and send each other all sorts of stuff.

2 Likes

Not single anymore, but we have still gone through struggles. I use fetch that was mentioned above for scanning receipts, and I use getupside for cash back on my gas. It isn’t instant and takes time to add up, but everything we can save on helps!

Click this link or use promo code B8F8PP to get an extra 15¢/gal bonus the first time you make a purchase. https://upside.app.link/B8F8PP

Please message me! :heart:

Can you get child support from dad,

Food pantries,churches, foodstamps,
Apply for childcare thru DHHR and maybe get a job or part time job to help get you on your feet…alot of resources out there to help you, just apply…
Take your kids to church and you will have a church family…I’m sure many of them people has been where you are now and they will understand and be willing to help you.
In todays world its extremely hard for a single parent…wheres the father? Maybe he should be paying child support…I dont know your circumstances and I’m not being rude just trying to help…
Do the best you can with what you have but most of all Have Faith…I’ve been there many many years ago and one morning I woke up and told myself I cannot make it working one job even with child support…so I got another fulltime job in the evenings…
It was very hard as I didnt get alot of time eirh my daughter but it’s what I had to do to provide for her…
You will figure it all out,trust me on that…Dont be afraid to ask for help and dont be ashamed…We all go thru hard times…Turn all your problems over to God and have faith that he is there for you because he is…
I wish you and your kiddos the best of luck…

Please message me. I’m willing to help

Post what you want/need online & have it sent somewhere safe (like a friend’s office). I know you feel so drained, but look for friends to expand your “village.” Look into the “foster grandparents” program for lonely old people who want to help, ask for recommendations of people who’d love interacting with littles at senior centers & retirement communities.

Go to church or other religious organization and take a nap while the kids are in nursery/Sunday school. Meet people there who can help you out either when you can stay awake for a service or at coffee hours. Let the minister/rabbi/whoever know you need help.

Join a Mom’s group. Even online people can send you stuff their kids have outgrown. They grow so fast & guessing future sizes means there’s lots of stuff that’s hardly been worn or used looking for a home. Freecycle, Facebook Marketplace, Buy Nothing online gets you stuff free or cheaply, and check out thrift stores & estate sales in fancy neighborhoods for amazing stuff at low prices. Buying used is good for the planet and the new “in” thing. Your kids can brag about how eco-correct they are.

Check out Happy Hour deals for cheap eating out, or day-of-the-week specials like half price burgers, etc. where you can divvy up an adult order for your kids. Usually Mon-Thurs. Often specials at nice restaurants aren’t much more than crap from McDonald’s.

Cheap, nutritious eats: add a can of beans or cubed or crumbled tofu to whatever you’re having, especially soups, stews, sides. Tofu will absorb whatever flavors are there & it’s safe for babies. My kids loved chick peas/garbanzo beans from toddlerhood & can feed themselves. You can also blend tofu with liquid to make creamy soups & sauces w/o the cream but lots of protein.

Make a big batch of brown rice (SO much better for you than white) & freeze portions so you just have to nuke them. Cook it in whatever vegetable juice you save from canned vegetables for extra nutrition. Add beans, leftover meats, other vegetables plus tomato sauce or gravy for a nutritious meal.

Get plain yogurt in a big tub & add fruit, jam, honey or syrup to sweeten it. Cheap, nutritious & most kids like it. Presweetened yoghurt has too much sugar & other additives.

Loaded sweet or white potatoes make a filling meal & they’re cheap, & topping can use up any savory leftovers like meats (including ham, bacon, sausage), cheeses, veggies, beans, chili.

Fresh fruit is awesome, plus you can dip bananas, strawberries, pear and apple slices in chocolate and freeze for a healthy dessert. Instead of fancy candy, dole out chocolate chips from the baking section for a treat.

I would always cook two or three times what I needed & froze the rest (prefers in glass lidded containers so you’re not ingesting plastic) and freeze the rest so I can just nuke dinner on 2 other occasions. Cooking yourself is always cheaper and more nutritious than eating out.

You can throw almost anything in eggs. Combine beaten eggs with anything you have on hand: meats, shredded cheese, almost any vegetables, tomatoes, sour cream, salsa. Pour into a pie shell & bake for a quiche. Or make omelettes & put on whole wheat wraps, roll them up, wrap in foil or clear wrap & freeze. They’ll hold their shape & you can nuke them for 1-2 minutes & breakfast is ready. Wrap the bottom in a napkin & foil & you can eat one-handed like an ice cream cream cone on a busy morning.

Oatmeal & other hot cereals are healthy—get plain & add jam, honey, syrup or other sweetener, and/or fresh fruit. Bananas go really well. Add cheese & bacon or ham to grits for a savory option. You can always have breakfast for dinner.

I get rotisserie chickens on sale, slice the breast meat for dinner or sandwiches, pull off & cut up some for chicken salad or casseroles, then boil the carcass with bouillon cubes for hours to get healthy bone broth. Run the carcass under cold water & pick off the chicken bits for soup. Add a bag of frozen mixed vegetables, chopped onions and seasonings if you want (parsley, thyme & sage are good, or poultry seasoning) & you have healthy soup! Freeze what you don’t eat for another day. Add noodles or tofu if you want. Bone broth will look globby until you hear it.

Use meat more like a garnish instead of the biggest thing on the plate to save money.

3 Likes

I feel u I have4 young K es I struggle so much

Fb isnt gonna help. Make a call to your doctor. Make a choice between ur sad bullshit or ur kids n being happy… Get help :purple_heart: its 1 outta 3 options. Noone needs to tell u except your inner self xx i wish u the best and you can do it​:wink: :heart: i got 5 kids and i fail at times… But im here. I suck Sometimes… but im here. Those assholes are my best friends and we are family… Anything can be fixed​:wink:

Please reach out to a local Baptist Church. They often have help available as well as counciling…

You have no family that can help you?

Praying. Idk where you’re located. Message me. If you have a car or can get a ride maybe I can schedule a grocery pickup for you!

1 Like

Single mum with 4 kids at home. One with a disability. I work full time and barely make it through each week covering costs . It’s exhausting. My mental health is destroyed . I also have zero support. If you need someone to talk to who understands you can message me. Maybe we can atleast hold each other up with someone to vent to. :purple_heart:

5 Likes

Praying for you. I raised both my sons flat broke depending in foid oantries to eat. Thet are now men wuth their own kuds. Know what they remember? The bowl if popcorn n tv every friday night. Saturday afternoin late lunch early dinner picnic on the living room floor. They remember me just being with them not what we didn’t have.

7 Likes

You owe it to the kids to keep going, try and look for the blessings, also try a local food bank No one should go hungry

I would love to help you

Hang in there mom prayers going your way. Look to your church & community for help.

We have a Facebook group page called Helping families in need find it and join the group follow the rules make Amazon wish list for children added to the site sponsors will look through find a family and buy the gifts on the Amazon wish list which are sent to your house they don’t see your address at all if anybody looking for help with the holidays check this out again it’s called Helping families in need. If you are looking to sponsor family also check it out to read through our families and see if one catches your eye:-) enjoy the holidays people

5 Likes

Stay strong!!!There are food pantries that will help you and counselor s you can talk to when it all gets overwhelming. This time of the year is so depressing when you’re alone.I don’t know your location but please reach out to Fulfill for a listing of pantries near you and Rain for help with great Christmas gifts for your kuds

1 Like

If you’re in finding Michigan you can go where all BJ’s used to be they give you all kinds of food

You got this mama!!! How can we help?

1 Like

I was alone with 5 - my husband died with no Life Insurance… far from home - no help.
There are numerous programs available for help with heating, food, medical needs, etc.,
Also, please file with your State’s ‘Child Support Enforcement Bureau’ - they tack down baby-daddys and make sure they pay -

Call and talk to some of the churches in your area, go to the local food bank or pantries near you, sometimes they help 2x per month, also get on the family assistance program in your area, DES, they can help you with food benefits for your children so that they can expand their nutrition choices and you can get a little weight off your shoulders. Every little bit helps, I was a single parent once too and I survived so can you, keep your chin up!!!

1 Like

Hey mama! Firstly, I am in your shoes… did the whole 3under2 thing alone and asked god to take me home more than once… I felt like I wasn’t doing anything. But the truth is, each day is a win.

It’s ok to show your kids you cry, it’s okay to teach them by example how to go through REALLY HARD times. And you’re doing that whether you see it or not. Every hour, every minute it’s a win. I started doing dance parties, I started medication, I started allowing myself breakdowns when I needed them. We are human, too. As for food I always say “I guess we will see” because hell if I ever know :joy::joy::joy: one thing that changed for me is making friends at my apartments and finding resources… my neighbors take the kids on walks with me now. All of the target employees know us because we go every day just so I make sure to get out of the house. Just keep swimming is what I tell myself. But medication really freakin helped. Allow yourself to cry, it’s OK for kids to see and watch you navigate… they will be strong. Truth is none of us in your shoes really knows how we keep going. We just look at those little faces on the good moments and say yes, I love you so much that I’ll just keep doing my best. Some days our best is GREAT and some days it’s just enough :hugs::hugs::hugs:I’m there with you every day

5 Likes

I’ve seen this same post a few times now over the last few weeks.

So much useful info. Please use it.

Please remember mama, kids don’t remember what mama had but what mama gave :heart: love them unconditionally, as well as your self - you’re doing amazing :heart:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy. I hate this for you. I am a single mom who has struggled in the past. Finding a good therapist is so helpful. I still wake up some days feeling like I just can’t do this anymore…I fantasize about getting a one way ticket somewhere for myself and giving up. But remember where you came from and stay encouraged. Keep your eyes on your goals and don’t give up. One day, you’ll look back thinking “wow look how far I’ve come!” I reflect on how far I’ve come when I feel overwhelmed. You can’t do it all…and society puts so much pressure on us as moms. Distract yourself when you feel depressed. You’ve gotta take a little time for yourself when you can. I know it’s nearly impossible to do, but it will make a big difference.

Hun where do u live …my heart goes out to u …i myself have struggled with 4 boys at one point with no child support from their father…what you need is a support system and us mamas to band together and help u :heart:

1 Like

Trust God if you are saved God will take care of you believe

There are foodstamps and food banks in every county. People act like they don’t want to do that but will get on the internet and seek pity. We all have kids and most of us suffer but the thing is every county has places you can go for food and necessities. It is a sad world we live in but all we can do is try and make the best of it. It is the holidays but as parents we all have our moments when we just need to lock ourselves in the bathroom or something have a good cry and come out all smiles. Children will not remember the things we buy them they will remember who was there for them and made time for them…