Trigger warning: I had a still born, how does my family heal from this?

Iv had 2 my first born boy and second born boy, there isn’t anything I can say that can help as everyone gose frew it in there own way I miss my boys every single day the pain is just as bad now as it was the day I gave birth but u do learn to hide it better , my family help me frew my hardest days they are always remembered and loved I have both the memory boxes an my family often taik about them so ino there never forgotten, I hope you find a way frew it an so sorry x

mourn. don’t hold anything in . you want to cry then cry . you want to break things then break things. you want to scream then scream. It’s better to release all those feelings now in the beginning if you do it starts to feel a little better. its okay if you have to cry everyday for months don’t hold ANYTHING in to be “strong” for others. you will never forget the pain. there will be days where in hurts and you feel this hole in your chest and knot in your throat but it will be okay. sit down with your family and open up about your feelings have them open up too and just be there for eachother. Anything you all feel is valid Anger/Sadness.

2 Likes

So so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to those who experience this. Mourn and prayer. Knowing that as hard as this is, there must be a reason. Prayers and love

My one and only daughter was born at thirty five weeks let your self cry be mad share your sadness with each other go to church pray God has a plan he did have a plan for me because of Kelly I brought home run away children in foster children and he blessed me many times with many daughter’s in my life he promised us tenfold over trust him he knows what’s best I didn’t believe it at the time but I know it’s true now I’ve had many blessings from these children how Will he bless you only he knows because he knows us individually put it in his hands so sorry :broken_heart: :cry:

Drawing pictures can sometimes help with the 6 year old for the baby, for parents or just a chance to talk while occupied and some normality if possible at the mo. A remembrance/ thinking/ talking area. Thoughts are with you x

I recommend finding a MEND group by you! They have groups for your husband also.

So sorry. You can all go to grief therapy or even a group. Take care.

Support groups are a very healthy outlet, or even family grief counseling.

Im so so sorry for your loss. I had an ectopic pregnancy earlier this month after having my tubes tied 6.5years. Even though it was unplanned, it was still devastating to lose especially since the reason for my tubal was due to pregnancy being too dangerous for me anymore and I did want more children. I can only imagine how you feel. Healing will take time, that will always be your baby, there will always be good days and bad. Celebrate their memory in a special way every year.
I plan on getting a tattoo on my wrist for my little “What might have been” once I get some money and find a good artist. I would have been due March 21st, so my tattoo will include daffodils which is the birth flower for that month. I had my 15yro daughter draw it for me.

Try to find a compassionate friends group for families that have lost a child I have lost 2 children unexpectedly and that has helped me.

I had a stillborn at 37 weeks 4 years ago it hit me and my hard as she was in there with me when I had him… 4 years on its still on my mind think about it everyday you just have to give yourself and your family time to adjust to what has happened I’m now 25 weeks pregnant and my family are scared incase it happens again I hope you can find some sort of normality

You have to get used to a “new normal” I lost my son neonatal and it’s something you don’t just “get over”. Every Vilomah’s journey is different. You do what you need to do to get through. I personally found other Vilomah helpful. We all long for someone else that understands but the price of that understanding is completely extortionate. Nobody should ever have to walk this path we’re on, but just know you aren’t alone. If you want to reach out to others I can point you in the right direction x

I had a stillborn in September and we have a 13 yr old and a soon to be 6yr daughters and I still havent fully grieved over it, it’s just something that takes time to heal but 4 1/2 months later we were blessed again and are due in 6 weeks with a baby boy my daughters are super happy and they still ask about their other brother that passed but God doesnt give us anything we cant handle! Sending lots of :heart: your way!!

My baby would have been 30 this year…I still cry occassionally…i think more for wondering what he would have been like. So no it never completely goes away. My faith in God got me through …I learned that I am not in co trol God is…no matyer what I do…even when I do everything right…its still up to God and his plan. That lesson has helped me through so many other times in my life. God needed our babies for something and had us “make” them for Him. We were hand picked because He knew we could hamdle it. We had babies for God…we are very special people. I still talk about my first born son to his brothers so that someday when they go to Heaven they know their brother is there also. There will be good days and hard day’s but focus on God and the good things in your life. The best thing someone told me is to remember however much you are hurting others hurt more because they are not only hurting dor the loss of the baby but also hurting for you…

1 Like

It will just take time. My pastor came to see me when I was in the hospital. He said that even though I am hurting, I should be filled with anticipation that I will see my daughter again. My husband did not feel the loss as I did in my honest opinion. He did hold her and I know he was sad but I felt her since the moment I found out I was pregnant. There is no right or wrong way to heal. The pain will come in waves. Sometimes small waves and other times they will come crashing down on you. Allow yourself to heal and not be forced to talk about it if you don’t want to. I joined a woman’s group on fb (I did not want to do it in person) and they comforted me. The next day another woman was on her way to deliver her baby with no heartbeat. It was her first day. Everyday I would comfort someone who has joined our journey and everyday sadly is someone’s first day and I realized that in the midst of all this darkness, only can we travel the familiar dark path we know all too well and rescue another mother out of her despair by telling her “I exist. I too have felt your pain and you are not alone.”at least I felt that there was a purpose. These two quotes helped me grieve and helped me heal and I will share them with you. “Imagine, that the first thing your baby saw when they opened their little eyes was the face of Jesus Christ.”
“Losing a child is not an event that you have to learn to get over. It is a life long journey that begins the day you lose your child and ends the day you join them.” I’m so sorry for your great loss :heart:

Im so sorry for your loss

I’m very sorry for your loss :heart: You have done the best step so far by reaching out. For me, it was extremely important to have a friend who understood me and who had gone through the same sort of thing. My baby died at 32 weeks 3 years ago on September 11th. My placenta abrupted and she died during the emergency c-section. I have an 11 year old boy and now my rainbow baby who is almost 2. If you ever need or want to chat please message me. :slightly_smiling_face: :heart:

My condolences I
Also
Had one many years ago.
Someone told me:
“On this earth, amazing people do amazing things and change peoples lives, God calls us home for many reasons…and he needs helpers, angels…he just needed another angel, rest knowing your child is in the safest of hands—move forward don’t let the grief overcome—you or your family”, that helped me and I pray I will in some sort do the same.

Some people plant a tree or other plant in their garden. With a plaque by it. Or a bench. Reminders help some people cope. Others raise money for charity. And get involved helping others. I lost a baby brother many years ago.

You take your time to grieve. There is no right or wrong way. Let your emotions out, let your husband know you need this time, let your child know that its OK to be sad or mad. Roll with the waves. If you feel you need help medically please do so. Only YOU will know.

Aw so sorry.prays for you.Rip for your angel that didnt make here but I feel the little one will be with Jesus.hugs.

So so sorry for your loss.

We lost a baby and had a 8 year old. The hospital put us in touch with support groups that specialize in kids and mourning. So look on internet in your area hopefully they have these kind of support groups everywhere

Recognize and grief. Have a memorial. I am very sorry for your loss.