Trigger warning SA: What should I do?

Investigate!! If this is happening at such a young age your senses and intuition is usually right. I wish someone spoke for me. Advocate for your child. Believe your child. And have professionals deal with this asap. Could save her a lifetime of mental health issues and change the course of her life. Even if there was nothing to it… Believe her and seek a professional physcologist asap to talk with her.
As I’ve lived it, I always recommend you listen to your children, you ask questions when they don’t want to visit someone and you investigate if there is something this alarming.
I pray they both get the understanding of the fact that it is inappropriate behaviour. This shit is real. It happens everyday. We can no longer sweep it under the rug or deal with it behind closed doors… I could have saved other children if my adults acted on info and not brushed it off. I could have a better more beautifully ignorant life but these creeps are in someone’s family… And family members have more opportunity to abuse.
Please seek help for your daughter so she understands her body is hers and no one else’s to touch. They groom and they intimidate. She needs her mum right now to be her advocate and seek help for her and the boy whom is doing the ‘massage’

Kids that know about this early are exposed to it early. Check where he got it. Just ask him. Don’t put him in trouble, simply ask.

9 Likes

Kids r curious. They r both very young so sit them down n explain that this is not acceptable behavior.

5 Likes

Address this for sure!

2 Likes

I was abused throughout my childhood by a family member ( also a child but few yrs older ) and it really has messed my entire life up!!! It needs to be addressed and he needs to know KEEP YOUR HANDS TO YOURSELF!! 6 or not you can’t pushyfoot around this one! He needs to understand that its unacceptable behaviour and it won’t be tolerated!!

4 Likes

This is childhood curiosity please people use common sense

5 Likes

First of all, they’re kids ofc they’re curious, but I’d be interested in where the other child learned it exactly because 99% of the reason kids that age introduce other kids to things like that is because an adult has already and he thinks it normal for everyone.

9 Likes

Definitely address the behavior with both of them. They are curious but need to know that their privates are for nobody else. Definitely make sure they are supervised always when playing together so if they can’t play together nicely in her room then they stay in the living room where they can be watched.

3 Likes

Kids are curious, but I feel like a mediation should be done here with you, the other parent/s and the children. Alot of he said she said Won’t resolve anything, sometimes getting everyone together and having a discussion gets quick and better results

It happened to my by 2 family friends and was depressed almost all my teenage year’s and it made me scared to tell anyone and I think…just have a chat with your babygirl and equip her with enough info to help her protect herself and educate her on how to respond should someone try anything.allow her to build a bond (trust) with you to make sure she tells you everything without being judged

3 Likes

Call dhr they will take care of for you

I know how terrifying this is! However at this age, this is normal exploration. So the way you and your sister handle this will shape how they see things as they age. It shouldn’t be approached with blame or accusations. You do not want either of them to feel ashamed.
This has opened doors for safe discussions and how each of our bodies are our own and it’s never ok to touch another persons body without permission(have to be careful with wording here at this age).
Also this is great for your daughter to know that she can share anything with you at any time.
Good luck and good vibes your way!

34 Likes

They both need sat down and talked to about it being inappropriate, there learning, it could be as little as he walked in and seen mom and dad, or something he seen on TV. The police talk some people are suggesting is nonsense there kids.

11 Likes

At this age punishment isn’t necessary. (It’s been said that punishment can cause them issues with intimacy in the future.)

Both children need to be taught that their personal bubble is their own space that no one else touches them and they don’t touch anyone else.

Bath time at 3 I started teaching my daughter that her 3 areas were 3 areas that no one was to touch except herself or a doctor and that Mommy has to be right there if a Doctor needs to check any of those areas. She knows she has to tell me if someone does touch her no matter what they tell her they’ll do to me, her, or anyone else. She has washed herself ever since.

7 Likes

Its not your place to talk to your nephew, that’s his parents. You address your concerns with them.
Your child on the other hand, you talk to and have a sit down with as you have.
They’re young and need to be steered in the correct direction, but don’t overstep your position as an aunt and sister.
Kids are curious, especially if you haven’t explained the normal “this area isn’t for anyone else… don’t let anyone touch” discussions, but don’t fester either. You could potentially make her wary to tell you anything of such again.
And good lord, people talking about calling child services, do you realize they could switch it up on her and make her out to be the bad guy.

7 Likes

Children learn from watching. At his age, he didn’t do it to be malicious. I would try to figure out where he learned that from. And talk to your daughter about it. Not blame or shame to either child. Just educate. Good luck.

7 Likes

In this day and age please don’t try to punish either child. Children are curious and just need to be taught that it’s inappropriate to do that. It saddens me to see people call police or cps. That is what’s wrong with the world today. Instead of educating their children they just blame. Your daughter will be fine as long as she knows no one should touch those places and to tell you if someone does.

13 Likes

This is taught behavior not natural.

Talk to her and tell that it’s not what children do but tell her in away that she will understand . Have a word with his parents and get them to do the same . They are to young to know that it is wrong

3 Likes

Talk to your child and just let them know that no body is supposed to touch their body and talk to your sister I had a similar Incident happened when I was very young and nobody had been sexually abused it was just a curiosity incident

Listen, worried mother: The first penis I ever saw was my near-same-age cousin’s. He did not molest me, we were playing. Inappropriately playing, but playing nonetheless! “Doctor” as it’s called. Kids explore and are curious about bodies. It’s normal.

You talked to your daughter, and your sister, and know not to let them play under covers anymore. That’s all you can or should do.

I highly advise against “mediation” or anything else that shames or embarrasses both kids further – unless you truly feel your child was victimized. At 5 & 6 yrs old, this is unlikely.

Just tell them, “All kids are curious about bodies, but it’s important you only touch your own, and no one else’s. Both of you.” stern face Then drop it.

Sweet jesus…
Its awful at the things such young babies are exposed to nowadays.
And ut the kids who are not monitored or taught that teach it to the innocent.
So sorry this happened to tour innocent sweet baby …
Not saying your sister doesnt monitor her child.

I had the talk with my daughter when she was 5… The sooner, the better!! Whatever you do, don’t call the child kidnappers. Teach both kids that it’s not appropriate to do things like that and go from there.

2 Likes

I was a victim if sexual molestation from family and thats how it started… cousins…
Talk to your daughter and keep talking to her
It is not ok and your sister needs to have a chat as well
Dont leave them unattended

3 Likes

Do Not Çall Dhhr they are 5 and 6.they are only curious, about the differences of there body’s.They are innocent lil kids now.you.get The state involved.Then you have your innocent babies being poke and more poking by Strangers.then she will Have Problems.in her.life…Just Talk to her so she knows.what it is.who is and who isn’t supposed to touch her.and to wait to be bigger and older. To be doing stuff like that.so it is special.But you should ask her if any Adults have touch her there.when you talk to her just don’t make her ashamed of her self.she may Not ever want to tell you anything again.I been in her situation when I was young and your situation.good luck they are just kids

In little kids like that it’s usually only because they seen it done somewhere else and are acting it out

3 Likes

I say it is natural, and harmless unless you make a big deal out of it. It does not mean the child has seen something sexual. Just my opinion.

5 and 6?? What has that boy seen and heard? :flushed::exploding_head::disappointed_relieved: