Trying to decide if I should have another child: Thoughts?

I have 5 and I am so thankful for all of them. My oldest is going to be 18 in December and my youngest is 4 weeks old.

No matter how many kids you have , it doesnā€™t mean they will be closeā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s rarely too late. My kids are 18 years apart amd both were planned for.

Iā€™m an only child and our son is an only child. We both have loved being an only. No option for me about having a second because I found out I was pregnant on my 41st birthday!

Even though Iā€™m second oldest of 13 I had hard time going from one to two.going from two to three was easy and three to four was easy.basically it depends on the kids personality

Honest opinionā€¦2nd one was easier than the 1st ā€¦they fought like cats and dogs at one point but now they are grown they always have someone who will be there for them!!

Surprise, my girls are 18 years apart. Love them both the same. But they are different, oldest had her grandma to watch her girl owing up. Youngest didnā€™t believe sleep was necessary.

Two is easy. We had three. Going from 2 to 3 for felt like having ten. But thatā€™s just me.

I had five and wouldnā€™t change it for the world!

I was raised an only chilkd. An only child is a lonely child so I had four. Think about if your one child was taken away how lonely would be your old age.

Oh, honey, your child needs a sibling. My mom & dad are gone but, I have a sister. Sheā€™s the only person who shares all my history.

As a mother of four, I recommend staying with even numbersā€¦after the third thereā€™s always an odd man out, or third wheelā€¦ Even numbers gives everyone a friend to play with. :wink::two_hearts:

I think 2 is good not 1 they grow up and wish they had a sibling. My husband had only 1 and he died in a skiing :skier: accident now he has no children.

I have one son and I do wish I could have had a second one just because we are out in the country and he would have a play mate

I was an only child. Hated it. Always alone no one to talk to.

One child gets lonely even when you think they arenā€™t.

I was an only child and I hated it very much so
I wanted at least 2 I had them 2 and a half years apart

I am blessed with three. No accidents. No one should be able to decide for you and your husband.

My mom had 10 in 15 years 9 months. Last 4 were born in 1957,twins in 59 and last one 1960. How she did it I donā€™t know. No help and dad drove truck.

Itā€™s your decision. You do not add to your family because people think you should you add a new member because you or God makes that decision. If you want one add one, but be sure you want one or if God decides make sure you can care for the child either way you and your husband raise it. Once here no turning back.

You will never regret having children, but you will regret the ones you didnā€™t have

1 Like

Only children really miss out on a lot and if Mom and Dad are gone there is not one else to be close to.

I had two beautiful children. 2 and a half years apart. Wanted 2 more but wasnā€™t able to. They grew up sooo fast. Wish i could turn back time. I was both Mom and Dad and wouldnā€™t change a thing.

If you have to think about it you are not ready for another child

Iā€™m an only child, a lot of time I wish I had a sibling to confide in.

One is enough. It is getting more expensive to raise a child.

If you got a good man and you both want a child go for it.

I say just let nature and God take their course if it is meant to happen it will.

2 is so much better . I had 1 thin twins after loved it so much
And no one should have 1 child.

I was an only child and I hated it.

If you have to ask that question on social media then no you shouldnā€™t. You are not mature enough for 1 never mind 2

In this day and time with all the unrest in the country I would not want any children.

1 Like

Go for it!!! They grow up so fast. I have 3ā€¦ being a mom is so much fun!!!

One child would not be good when they grow up. , They will have no family when their parents pass.

Going from one to two is only difficult when it comes to the difference in age when you have them

I have three I enjoyed two and three and itā€™s not that hard just be organized and have fun

In this crazy world we are living in today,
I would say , one is a blessing,
Get a puppyā€¦ I love my tiny pupā€¦

3 Likes

Your decision should not be based on other peopleā€™s opinions

1 Like

If you have to ask the internet if you should have another childā€¦ you should not have another childā€¦

Maybe foster a child and see how you feel. Maybe itā€™ll give you a sense of what itā€™s like. And maybe itā€™ll lead to adoption if you so choose.

Having one child is like having 10 kids so for me it never made a difference

Then your two very close children grow up and get married. Sick sobā€™s destroys family!

I only have one child. Wouldnā€™t change it!

Having the second is actually easier than the first.

Isnt that something u and yr spouse should talk about not something to strangers.

A family is made up, of father,mother and children.(not a child)

Ur lucky to b able to choose go ahead its not nice being an only child as when parents die the child has no one

What is your childā€™s personality? I have 5. The first 4 are boys and the 5th is a girl. The boys are all grown, 25 to 32 and the girl is 8. Yes, that is not a typoā€¦She is our midlife crisisā€¦ I mean blessing. She should have never been an ā€œOnlyā€ child. That is not her personality. She really could have benefited from a sibling to grow up with. I would have had another had I of been younger. She has sister- in loves who do things with her but its not the same.

Itā€™s not hard I had 2 four years aparr

Going from 1 to 2 was a breeze far easier than going from 0 to 1. #2 fit in just like sheā€™d always been part of the family.

I wanted 2 to start with and after number one said 3 to 4. Dh wanted 2 to 3 to start withā€¦number 3 and 4 can make their appearance any day now, that would be great. 1 and 2 were 2 years apart. Life had other plans for the others so there is an 8 year gap in there for these onesā€¦

Whatever you personally feel is best for your family. Pray for an answer.

I agree with the sibling, so important. Double your joy.

I had my two daughters 16 months apart. Best decision Iā€™ve madešŸ’•

2 was easy,3 easier. I had a big helper. G-B-G, I ended up adopting a G-B later.

I have a daughter 1963. A son in 1964. Very successful. Both married. Both are close. 2. A sibling is important

Idk I have 4 and my house is chaos.

MINE ARE 8 years apartā€¦
DO IT!!!

You will regret it lateršŸ’‹

Best gift to give a child

This is not something to be decided on Facebook!

Not all siblings are great friends.

Thereā€™s a saying: Having one is like not having any at all. But, having two or more is like having ten. :joy::joy::joy:

These world is in a mess My personal opinion No

You spend all your time with one. You will spend all your time with 2 or more.

Do not hesitate, two is lovely, girls or boys!!!

Donā€™t do until u are sure

1 Like

Before this crazy world yes now no way

I had four and glad I did.

Donā€™t double the work, square it!

My second came five years after.

Only you can answer that

I have five. You can do it.

How old is your child

WHY what the advantages of two.

I have 4 boys 22,24,26,28 :joy::joy::joy::joy:

Going from 1 baby to 2 babies really isnā€™t that hard once you get past the newborn stage with the second baby. We have 4 kids. They came a few years apart, we started when I was 23, had the 4th when I was 35. We didnā€™t have much money yet, somehow we managed just fine. We managed to support ourselves and each of our very different children. They didnā€™t always get what they wanted but they always had what they needed. We also had 4 miscarriages, soā€¦we could have had as many as 8 babies. That would have been perfectly fine with us! We had challenges of course. We also had fun and laughter! Our home was noisy, exhausting, invigorating, all the emotions rolled and wrestling. We made memories. We have only the youngest (mentally and physically handicapped 20 year old) left at home so the house is MUCH quieter these days. If I sit still enough the walls of our house echo with the memories when all were young and at home. We keep in touch with our grown kids every week, sometimes daily. We never regretted having them. We do feel you should have your babies young. You may not have lots of money, but you do have more energy to enjoy them. At 56, we look forward to GRANDBABIES!!! YEA!!! Having babies a few years apart really isnā€™t as hard as you imagine. You get a type of ā€œroutineā€ or ā€œsystemā€ set up. The hard part comes when they move out on their own. You have to learn how to scale down on your grocery shopping. You are no longer having to cook for an ā€œarmyā€! You still worry about them. You never stop being the parent. You see them succeed and you see them make mistakes. You watch these great adults and while you laugh and cry with them, you still feel them the first time their tiny bodies were placed in your arms and Daddy gently wraps his arms around you two. I say if you decide to have 1 and are fine with that, great! If you think you want more, great! If you are feeling that life is crazy enough with your one child, maybe you should not have another baby. We can never know what the future holds for us, so if I were you, I wouldnā€™t worry too much about how you might feel in the future. You can make memories with your one baby just as you can make memories with your multiple babies. Talk it over with Daddy. Work out what is best for the three of you. If you have more, be glad. If you donā€™t have more, be glad, too! Good luck and God bless!

I would personally hate to be an only child especially now that Iā€™m an adult. I have 3 kids my last we have a 7 year gap as took a bit to convince hubby for a 3rd. I donā€™t think an xtra would be any more stressful as kids entertain each other. Yes they fight but 1 child can cause you enough grief on their own :joy:

My girls are a little over 4 years apart. Honestly, going from 1 to 2 for me was easy. My oldest could pretty much care for herself and loved to help me with her sister. Now at almost 10 and 5 they have a great relationship and Iā€™m glad they have someone to help keep each other entertained. Especially during this quarantine.

I think going from none to one is the hardest. I just had#3 Wednesday

Going from 1 to 2 was easy. Going from 2 to 3 was not! Lol :joy: I say yes because as adults they can have each other and their kids can have cousins!

If got 4 never thought Iā€™d have that many only wanted 2 but life throws you curve balls. Life is really crazy and hectic but wouldnā€™t change it for the world. My life is full of love and thatā€™s all that matters to me.

I would have given anything to give my daughter a sibling. But it didnā€™t happen for us. I have a happy healthy 6 year old who is amazong

I found it immensely harder with 2 kiddos 24 months apart. No real back up for breaks, no family around, my husband worked swing shift. I think a bigger age gap wouldā€™ve been easier. I am 58 now and I survived!:smiley:

The second one was alot easier, bey that time I knew what I was doing, besides your child needs a buddy and donā€™t wait to long.God will give you the strength and wisdom in what you need on a regular basis

If you have to ask others. I think itā€™s not a good idea. You have too many doubts. Wait a bit longer. A wanted child is so much better than a maybe wanted.

Four was easyā€¦ the fifth made it difficult. Theyā€™re all very close to this day. All in their 20ā€™s (almost).

Well, you can only think about you and your family. Will having another child be too hard on your current baby? How much help do you get from your partner? Are you both on the fence, or both feel it is time to expand?
Adding a new bundle is a very big step. But, for me and my family, we found that adding a second was easier to deal with than going from 0-1 kids. It was also even easier adding our 3rd and 4th to the family as we only needed to count seats filled in the van.

Just remember that the age difference between your kids is something you feel you can handle. My eldest to youngest- 14, 11, 8, and 5 months. My older two are a great spacing but I also love that my middle two are just a bit further. But due to a few losses and medical reasons, my last two are a big gap, and I am worried about their future connection. My kids are loving and helpful, knowing that they can help and care correctly of the baby.

I myself am an only child but also the youngest of 5 (my siblings are 16,14, &12 yrs older than I, and from a second marriage while I am from a 3rd. I am not very close to them, but do love them.)

U need to talk to ur husband and see how he feels about it.