Was this messed up or is it just me?

He doesn’t sound like much of a man to me!

5 Likes

Sorry but I would be pissed off. 1st of all he could have eaten in the cafeteria at the hospital and 2nd it was selfish of him to not be there when you came out of recovery, I don’t care if it was toe surgery and 3rd he spent your money and couldn’t bring you a drink back. 4th he didn’t answer his phone?? Like what could he have been busy doing that he couldn’t answer his phone or your phone. No ma’am that is bullshit!!

So if I was under for surgery I would be totally okay with my husband going to get food. Besides most of the time after surgery you’re on a diet. Or at least can’t eat immediately.

If my hubby did that he’d be getting hell from me.

4 Likes

I understand both sides of this. I understand why your feelings are hurt and I understand why he left. I was asked to be at the hospital for my friends surgery; that’s an entire day wasted and for what to just have someone in the waiting room playing on their phone, reading a book, taking a nap? It’s not fair to ask someone to spend their entire day in the hospital waiting around when there is absolutely nothing that they can do for you, except give you warm little fuzzies. It’s 2021 and no one wants to be exposed to Covid or any of the other germs of those coming in and out of the hospital, nor do they want to wear a mask for 12 hours. Even though it’s major surgery that you were scheduled for, it’s unpredictable and you have no actual time guide. Realistically you can’t expect someone to wait at the hospital during your procedure. Having someone drop you off and stay until your are wheeled back and be there when you wake is a little different, whether it’s the same person or someone different, it’s nice to have someone there, but again, things need to be taken into consideration: travel time, distance, work, other obligations, etc. So now onto what this man did-First off, why did you give him money? That was just dumb and you are having major surgery, you CAN’T have anything before a surgery or they will have to reschedule it, so I am not sure why you were expecting them to bring you something back to begin with; however, he shouldn’t have used your money unless you asked him to get the kids something to eat for you. (Even then, being their dad, he should have just paid for it with his own money). I understand why your feelings are hurt, but he is under no obligation to stay there, especially if he was taking care of the kids, etc. No one can tell you how you should feel or how you are supposed to feel. If you are hurt, you shouldn’t have to justify those feelings either. I am sorry that you woke up alone, that’s not cool. I hope you are recovering quickly and everything went smoothly.

2 Likes

You have every right to be upset he was wrong to leave you

Idk. My parents left me and came when they called. No sense sitting there.

What an a** he doesn’t deserve you

1 Like

We would have a major, MAJOR problem. Major

When I was in the hospital I didn’t want anyone to have to sit there a d wait. I was in hospital for 4 1/2 months.Then I was sent to nursing home for seven months.Like the young lady said it’s not worth turning it into a big problem he will be there when you REALLY need him

You were in the hospital being taken care of. :woman_shrugging:t2: Do you really think that you need to be eating McDonald’s after surgery?!? :woman_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

Umm I went into labor & my husband at the time said to me your not in labor you still have two weeks left. Refused to take me to the hospital (I did have my baby 3 hrs after I said that) I drove myself to the hospital. He showed up 5mins before I had him. As soon as the baby was born he left. I didn’t see or talk to him for 3 days. I literally had to call him to come sign the birth certificate & pick me up to take me home from the hospital. I waited 5 hours for him to show up to get me. I had to have 3 more surgeries a few years later he never once took me to the hospital or was there for any of my surgeries.

1 Like

He definitely should of been there with you for support

The fact that he left you there, took your money and bought himself and someone else McDonald’s as you stated in the post and then didn’t answer and also took your phone?? I would definitely have left his sorry ass. You are not overreacting in anyway…

Why would he have your phone & your money??.. It sounds like he’s messing around and taking advantage of you and then gas lighting you, that’s definitely narcissistic behavior. Stop depending on him when you need someone to be there for you

1 Like

I absolutely understand where your coming from. You have every right to be mad ! I think you really need to evaluate your relationship after this. He had no regards for your feelings and obviously he showed he didn’t care. I don’t know you personally, but you are a human being who deserves more from a man. Wishing you a fast recovery. Prayers coming your way.

I feel like this depends on how long the surgery was if it was like hours and hours no I dont blame him for leaving and eating however he could have brought you something for sure but I mean if it was only like 30 minute or something like that naw he could have waited…my fiance stayed in the waiting room just for my tubal removal

It is so dangerous to leave leave someone is in surgery. If something happened they would need his consent to change the plan. Someone needed to be there.

My sister left in the middle of her daughter’s surgery and the hospital was so mad because my mom and I couldn’t technically give any consent in her place

2 years ago? Are you looking for an excuse for something

Tell him to pack his bags and get to fk he is a waste of space and you don’t need that crap in your life

He wants you to say you did good I had my surgery and did not have to worry about the children oh and you fed them too of course he should have been at your side but men are dumb just like you got to tell them by the way sundays my birthday I want a khole gift card don’t forget your so generous do not. Do not leave him and your stuckraising kids alone