Was This Messed Up or Is It Just Me?

This question was submitted to our community via our Facebook page and/or our Answers forum. Responses are also taken from the community. If you have your own parenting or relationship question you would like answers to, submit on Facebook or Answers.

QUESTION:

"I was in the hospital major surgery yesterday and my kids' dad left me there to go hang out get himself and whoever McDonald’s with my money but nothing for me, not even a soda or frappe. He was not there when I woke up dint answer the first phone call from the hospital and he took my phone! And they told him how long I'd be under thank God nothing emergency wise dint happen I had no one when I was under anesthesia my feelings aren’t supposed to be hurt!! I’m a jerk for crying its all my fault even though kids were being taken care of he didn’t even need to leave till after 12 when I was in recovery! I had my best friend staying through my back surgery being there when I woke up really shows how much she cared because I was scared af that was 2yrs ago!! My question is I guess does anyone else think it's messed up he left me there yesterday? I really think he’s a narcissist but he says he was there for me!"

RELATED: Husband Catches Newborn Daughter With One Hand While Driving Wife To Hospital

TOP ANSWERS (AS SELECTED BY MODERATOR):

The following top answers have been selected by a moderator from hundreds of responses to the original question.

"I’m sorry. I’ve had my fair share of that narcissistic behavior as well. Totally rude and disrespectful for him to do that. I’d keep him at a far distance."

"If you feel like he wasn't there for you then yea your right. I would be mad myself."

"My wife just had surgery a month ago. I was allowed to walk her into the hospital and to the surgery area then I had to either wait in the waiting room or in my vehicle. I waited in my vehicle for 6 hrs. I wasn’t about to leave my wife. Even though I wasn’t inside the hospital I was in the parking lot. I chose to sit outside because of how many people were crammed in the waiting room. With Covid, I thought it’d be safer in my vehicle. I went to Kroger and got something to snack on while I waited. I was gone for 10 minutes. Even then I was worried. But she hadn’t even gone back to surgery yet and was texting me the entire time. I think it’s crappy that he left you. He had no idea what could’ve gone wrong. And for him to say he was there for you, he wasn’t. I’m sorry you’re going thru this"

"That’s awful girl. He should have been there for you. I’d leave. But that’s just me"

"My husband had surgery and they wouldn’t let anyone in to wait, they called me when he was in recovery. You probably couldn’t have McDonald’s right after surgery anyway. Pick your battles in relationships otherwise everything could become a battle."

"I’m noticing you said your kids' dad and not your significant other. If y’all aren’t in a relationship then he shouldn’t have used your money but I feel like he had every right to run and get some food. He should’ve answered the phone when the hospital called though"

"A lot of men are insensitive and just don’t think. You almost have to tell some word for word what you need. If you have a good relationship otherwise I’d just let this go. Think of the many times he’s shown you care and love on other occasions. If there aren’t any to think of, maybe you're with the wrong man."

"Yes, I wouldn’t like that I had a cesarean my husband was there the whole time!"

"I totally agree with you. He should have stayed."

"He wasn’t, I’m sorry you went through that alone… but sounds like you have a great partner! Your friend!"

Have a response to this question? Leave it below to help a mama out! Or leave your own question and get responses from real moms!

READ ALL ANSWERS BELOW: