What age did you let your kids stay home alone?

All kids are different, it depends on how mature they are.

My daughter’s been home by herself since she turned 11 not for long periods we do have cameras all around our house and a doorbell camera.

Check your state laws to verify if your state has a minimum age set. It isn’t as much about age as it is maturity level. I personally was getting myself on and off the bus alone for about an hour before school and 2-3 after at age 9-10. My oldest a would allow to stay home alone for a few min at 7-8 as she was very mature, My middle was around 11 and youngest was around 9 but just for a few minutes max.

My daughter is 10 I have ran to the store for a short time. I also have cameras inside and out so it makes it much easier .

My son was in 5th grade but only for short runs. Now he is almost 13. He is ASD and never wants to go anywhere so we always allow him to stay home.

I think the laws in different places are different. Best check that first.

11, 12 ish. But only to go do groceries and whatnot. Not overnights or days at a time.

In the uk there’s no set legal age but parents usually leave them home alone in the day around 11 or 12 the evenings are usually when they are older.

10 which is our legal age. If I was just running a few blocks for a few minutes, if they were comfortable than 8. I live in a small town too.

1. usually when i know im only going to be gone an hour max (grab one of my other kids, grab my walmart order…)

My son turned 10 today and he was sick and I had to work so he stayed home for about 4 hours

I think that your answer will vary very very widely depending on your child.

It depends on the maturity. My son 11 now he stays home if he wants. Between 10/11

Only you can answer this. Age is great but this is a maturity thing.

11 or 12. In my state that is the minimum & by then they know not to burn the house down lol my stepson wanted to come with me until he was about 14.

I have one kid who is 13 years old. She only stays home with my mom and I have to run to tops which is like 10 mins away

Depends on the child…10 earliest

My older daughters were about 12, my 3rd is 13 and she is still not mature or responsible enough.

My son is 13 and I’ll let him stay home if he wants to.

Before you do leave him at home check your state laws. Some states require kids to be a certain age first.

My son is 11 and does fine with me checking on him.

8-9, but his nanny lives nextdoor

First, check your State laws. Second, age and especially maturity are big factors.

I think the rule here is nine to be alone and twelve to babysit but it’s been awhile since I had to make those types of decisions

Depends on the child themselves and how mature they are

My daughter is 10 I might leave her alone while I run a 10 or 20 minute errand but she doesn’t like to be home alone so I usually just take her with me

It’s not about age for me. It’s about maturity. My oldest would stay home for a few hours at 9. When I had my daughter the pediatrician in the hospital was dragging her feet & wouldn’t discharge her. He was home alone for hours because I had no choice. He was 11. But my younger 2 are 10&12. I wouldn’t leave them home alone because they aren’t mature enough to follow rules, not fight & know what to do in an emergency.

You’re the parent. You make them. Go. Because if something bad happens you’re the one in trouble by law for leaving him unattended.

Still haven’t my oldest is 16 but has asd

I think it’s more of a maturity and trust thing. Also check the laws in your area on it just to be safe from legal issues should something happen.

12? It really depends on the maturity of the kid

My son was a latchkey child from the 2nd grade. He’s 40 now & times were different. He knew what to do & not to do. Home 2-1/2 hours after school till I got home from work.