What age did you stop showering with your kids?

I stop at 3. Really it’s your own comfort level

My eldest is almost 5. Still showers with me and his father. Our daughters aren 3 and 1. We all shower together. I am very open about nudity and body discussions nothing is a taboo question. When my child requests alone showers, or feels uncomfortable that when I will change the house routine. Its good for kid to learn about bodys and differences imo

6 Likes

When one of you doesn’t feel comfortable, it’s time to stop!

1 Like

I showered with my boys till they were around 3 or so. Stopped when they wanted to do baths alone or just with each other.

My daughter is almost 9 months and will not take a bath(screams bloody murder in water) so I wash before hand while my mom gets her ready then once I wash her she’ll get her out and dry her while I’m drying off…I also can’t take a shower without her she freaks out and screams the whole time 🤦

My boys are 6yo and 2yo (almost 3) and they shower with each other but on occasions still shower with me. They know they their private parts are different than mine but unless it becomes uncomfortable for me or them, it’s not a big deal for us.

I showered with my dad until I was about 5 or 6 but he was have my back to him and I would play with toys until it was my turn to get cleaned.

I only have girls and they’re 5 and almost 3 months. I still shower with my 5 yr old when it’s easier or its too close to bedtime to put her in the bath. However if she were a boy, I probably wouldn’t at this age anymore. Idk :woman_shrugging:t2:

My sons are 4 and 2 and both still shower with me. Sometimes all 3 of us at the same time. It gets crowded but they seem to work out the details on finding room to play.

1 Like

I showered with my oldest till maybe 3 and stopped cause he found his peepee and was being a little weirdo and then noticed I had hair downstairs and boobies :sweat_smile: so he takes baths by himself , he’s 5 now; or with his new baby brother and he’s 1. I still shower with my baby sometimes but he likes his bubble baths :heart_eyes:. But mom of two boys and I don’t mind if my oldest wants to shower real quick or bathe with me. If they tell me "no mommy I can do it " or just want their peace in the tub then by all means :blush:. But I enjoy my little loves and making sure to clean every nook and cranny lol pitties, booties, toe beans, and all that jazz

My son is 5 and we both shower together…
I told him the differences and now he’s not interested anymore…

I go with the “once someone is uncomfortable, it’s time to stop”

4 Likes

its a great teaching moment… “these are mommy and girl parts, what you have are Daddy and little boy parts” i took showers with my kids as needed till they were about 3… (as i had my kids 3 yrs apart so just kinda happened that way i get to big and couldnt see them under my belly… lol but i personally did when i was lil till about 5 (usually due to time/hot water constraints)

we bathe our little sister she’s 3. loves being in the “car wash” good way to make her feel comfortable and Confident. shower him until you feel ready to stop or if it gets to a point where he wants to stop. keep an eye on him like my mum did with me cos I always used to leave shampoo and Conditioner around my ears and back of head. I think I was about…5 or 6? idk around there.

My youngest son does still he’s 3 some days are hectic so I’ll just have him and his 7 month old sis jump in with me saves time and kids have a blast just splashing I’m a stay at home mom home alone alot of times so even if I tell him no he just runs in naked anyhow and jumps in I stopped with my oldest son around 4 only because he started really noticing differences he knows what the parts are called and the difference of boys a girl’s it was more for teaching privacy and some modesty and because I didn’t like him pointing out the fact I have boobs every time we showered

Get a “play pen” and put him in there while you shower! Keep it just around the corner from your shower so you can hear him but he can’t see you! Problem solved!

Whenever you feel it’s time to stop. There is no reason to sexualize things with your children. Teach them that boys and girls have different body part, etc. No need to make things weird :woman_shrugging:t2:

6 Likes

When my boy was 2 and a half and worked out he could aim and pee on my leg. He thinks it’s the funniest thing in the world :expressionless: That’s when I stopped. He’ll be 3 soon and follows me around everywhere including when I get dressed. He takes great delight in yelling boobies when I put a bra on though. I think it’s a case of when you or your child feels uncomfortable

4 Likes

My daughter will be 2 in January. I still bathe with her. I do not see a problem with it at all since I am her mother. She does point out my “boobies” and our “tougies” (aka vagina) but that is all part of them learning and growing!!!

I think my son was about 4 when he stopped showering with me. I felt like it was time that he start taking his own. We mainly did it to save time . He knew his body parts. I guess u just know when it’s time to quit

My son is 2 and we have baths together still. Wait till they tell you that they want to shower by themselves which is usually by the age of 5-6 depending on the child.

At least once they start recognizing different body parts

My daughter is 2 most days she takes a bath alone but on the days I am in a hurry we will take a shower together. I’m 8 months pregnant so sometimes I soak in the tub to help pain false contractions ect whsn my SO is home. If she notices I’m in there she wants to join. Most days we just wait till she goes to bed to do our showers

Shower when the child goes to bed , give the kid his own bath before bed time

2 Likes

My daughter is 7 and I sometimes shower with her when were in a hurry, I’ve never thought about it being inappropriate.

1 Like

Your way to paranoid.

Yes they will start to understand body parts. Act normal. Tell him what body parts are. Make him comfortable to talk about it with u. But tell him potty words stay in the bathroom. So if he needs to talk about it it needs to be in the bathroom. Tell him no one should touch his body parts etc

3 Likes

When they start giggling at your body or acting uncomfortable. Otherwise, you’re fine.

1 Like

My boys were around 5 when we stopped bathing together.
Its whenever you or he feels uncomfortable doing so.

How about just teaching your kid about basic anatomy? Don’t make nudity out to be something bad.

8 Likes

I shower with my 3 month old but it’s also just me and her most days as her daddy works nights and sleeps through the day while I’m up, honestly if your not wanting him in the shower with you any more just get him a play pen to place in the bathroom so you can here him and keep the towel in teach so you don’t step out necked

We as a society villianize the human body. There is NOTHING WRONG with the body naked or clothed. It is what we DO with it that can be bad. Use any curiosity he may have to explain what he is seeing just like you would if he was asking about a car or a dog. Good grief this is why some many people have body image issues. Why some people can’t embrace their sexuality once they are old enough to engage in that way… look… we have males and females in this world ok? SEEING a body is not the same as TOUCHING one… I have 3 girls and 1 boy and a grandchild. So I know a thing or two about explaining the differences between the sexes to children. Don’t make their body OR YOURS taboo. Relax… and please don’t listen to a bunch of uptight individuals who would have you in a damn full body scuba suit around your kids at all times smh… once it’s explained once or twice? They drop it​:woman_shrugging:t2::woman_shrugging:t2:

My daughter is almost 4 and she still has the odd shower with myself or even her dad. But she normally prefers on her own and just plays. I prefer to have my showers once kids are in bed so I can have one and then go to bed myself

1 Like

My daughter is 3.5 she use to always take baths with her daddy. Then one day during bath time she pointed at dads privates and asked “daddy whats that?” We sat her down and talked to her and told her what makes a boy a boy and what makes a girl a girl. We started teaching her that no one is suppose to see or touch her “privacy” since she understood what it was, and that was the last time she took a bath with dad.
Only downside after that was she would run up to everyone saying “my daddy has a penis and i have a vagina!! What do you have?” :joy::joy:

My son is 5 and still baths with me some nights if dad didn’t have time. As for body parts he’s known the difference and correct names for a few years. Nothing wrong with that. Nudity isn’t anything I worry about around my kid’s. We’ll stop when he is uncomfortable till then well continue while it’s more convenient.

2 Likes

Dont sexualize your child’s body, that’s the only advice I have. As a parent it’s your job to make them comfortable with themselves. Soon he will have questions, and since it’s just you and him, wouldnt you rather he came to you with questions?
Genitals aren’t dirty or perverted.
Teach him the proper words, one good reason for this is it helps stop sexual abuse. And it teaches them that those words are normal not dirty.
You can keep questions to at home or in private with just you or another trusted adult. He’s gonna start exploring his body, that’s NORMAL, it’s your job to teach him theres a time and place, like in the bathroom or alone in his room.
It’s critical for development that he learns how normal his body is and concent early.
When he starts asking questions about your body you can find kid friendly (and accurate) autonomy books.

Kids learn from their parents, don’t teach them shame

3 Likes

When they become uncomfortable with it, or you.
My 5 yr old daughter loves showers with me because we talk about body positivity.
My boys would not be impressed with that they are 8 and 11.
Just go their pace

1 Like

My son is 3 and occasionally showers with me still. My son also still breastfeeds at night though. So my family is very open about their bodies. I remember seeing my parents naked like walk from the bathroom to the room. I was told my father has a penis and it was just a body part very young. Same with my mom. I grew up with it so I just didn’t pay attention. My son has asked me about myself and I tell him God gave me a vagina and him a penis (which he calls a winky). I actually have a boy and girl baby doll so he knows the difference. I feel like we make it a weird thing but it doesn’t have to be. Now I personally stopped showering with my mother around 5 and I never did with my dad. But like I said I am breastfeeding so I feel like it is a little different.b

My daughter is 3 and I still shower with her

1 Like

Flipping heck, why is this even an issue??! My daughter is 7 nearly eight and we had a pampering bath night with bath bombs and face masks together, no issue, my son is 6 and he still asks to get in the shower. Understanding body parts shouldn’t make things any different. Adolescence is a different thing.

3 Likes

I still shower with my almost 4 yo daughter​:woman_shrugging: I know a few ppl who have boys and they do a lot of nakedness in their houses too :woman_shrugging: I really don’t think it has that huge of an effect on kids from what I have seen but I think this is 1 if those personal preference things where it’s going to vary from person to person. Ultimately, he’s your son so…

1 Like

There’s nothing wrong with letting him know boys and girls have different parts

I never shower with my baby. He’s a year old and he gets baths. If he is sick or something I’ll get in the bath with him to help him calm down but that’s it. He just got his one year shots and flu shots so I might have to hop in the bath with him later tonight.

Mine are 5 and 7 my 5 yr old will sometimes speacilly sick and my 7 yr old is growing out of it

I stopped once my daughter was aware of body parts and stared at mine, asking questions. She was 4. Made me feel uncomfortable. Lol :woman_shrugging:t2:

My eldest is 20 months old and her Daddy and I will have a shower with her sometimes for quickness.

It’s time to stop showering together. Being naked in front of your kids is not good. Geez, allow them to grow up not being scarred. They don’t think it is acceptable.

2 Likes

My boys still see me naked and acknowledge mine and their dads different parts. They have learned not to touch people in those areas. Kids will learn and discover better they learn from mom then strangers and in an inappropriate manner

6 Likes

I would put my daughter in her high chair with toys or snacks in the bathroom while I showered. I would play peak a boo the whole time and because quite a game

3 Likes

I would say when you’re comfortable. My kids bathed together for a long time. I would say my son was probably nearing kindergarten when we stopped coed showering/bathing. Just make him aware of boundaries when it comes to nudity.

2 Likes

I stopped allowing my son’s to see me undressed at about two-and-a-half 3

2 Likes

My son’s do not see me naked at all. They are 4 and 6. My 4 year old is almost 5. I stopped the bathing/showering together at age 2 because they was starting to know the difference plus I feel it’s inappropriate. My daughter on the other hand well we have the same parts so it’s different.

I stopped bathing with my children once it became uncomfortable to do so as in, they became more aware. You will know when this happpens, go with your instincts…

My daughter is 4 and we shower together

1 Like

I showered with my son as a baby and will never do it gain. Got to chilly drying him off. As he got older I showered when he was asleep and did not have to worry about what he was doing.

1 Like

I’ve taken a bath with my daughter once and she has taken a shower with me 2 times and she is almost 3 yrs old I try to give her a bath first then I take mine while she is napping or after my husband gets home

1 Like

I have two adult children and a middle schooler. They are super modest, like the rarely go shirtless. At the same time, they walk into my bedroom or the bathroom when I’m showering as if I don’t enjoy privacy. That being said, if one of you is uncomfortable, stop. Other than that, who cares. Seeing mom or dad naked won’t scar them unless there is something inappropriate happening.

2 Likes

I think this is fine. Id say up to like 5 years old. 4 and 5 is when they’re probably getting a little too big and ask too many questions lol

2 Likes

I shower with my son still. He’s two years old. He has recognized that mommy’s parts are different than his. I’ve just explained he has a penis and mommy has a vagina and that I don’t like it when he touches or points at it. Now he just asks me to fill his cup in the shower and still plays! Knowledge is power. Teaching them right from wrong. He is still a baby. An innocent baby at that, you’re doing good momma.

1 Like

When you grow a brain you will know.

Sounds like a good time to stop