What age should babies get their ears pierced?

I didn’t get mine done until I was 18 because I have a deathly fear of piercings and needles :joy: but then I got a second ear piercing a few years later. My daughter is almost 3 and she doesn’t have pierced ears and won’t until she asks for it. My bonus daughter has gotten her ears pierced three times because she gets them done, doesn’t wear the earrings and the holes close up so it’s a waste of time and money until they decide she wants to wear them

When they verbally ask me to get them pierced

3 Likes

Old enough to ask to have it done, then it;s for them no you. Kaye

2 Likes

My daughter was 16. We made her wait until then.

They used to tell you back in the day after at least they’ve had their second round of shots so that they don’t play with them but I waited with my daughters until they were old enough and wanted to do it it’s kind of a special right of passage you should be able to make that decision not have it forced on you

1 Like

I never got my kids done(10 and 7 now) if they want them and ask them I’ll let them

I had mine done at 9. My (soon to be ex) husband wouldn’t allow my daughters to be. She just turned six and is old enough to have them done at our tattoo/piercing place and she’s been asking for it since she was about 4. I’ll wait a bit longer until she can prove to be able to help take care of them/not lose the earrings.

1 Like

I did my daughters at 3 months

2 Likes

They “should” get their ears pierced when they can consent tf.

3 Likes

It’s her choice not mine bc it’s her body that the pain will happen on, I will offer toget them done but the choice is ultimately hers and it’s okay to say no and change her mind

Mine are 4 and 2 and I’m waiting until they ask. My 4 year old has asked already but I’m wanting to wait until the 2 year old asks too so we can make it a girls day :heart:

All im gonna say is take her to get it done in a tattoo shop… not no damn Clair’s or one of those kiosks in the mall.

12 or 16. Any earlier is too much responsibility. Also they need to make the decision for themselves as it’s painful and causes permanent holes.

I got mine done when I was 3 years old. It’s easier when kids are younger

1 Like

I was in 5th grade. My girls will get them IF THEY WANT when they prove they can take care of them (holes and earrings)

1 Like

After their 6 month immunizations for both my girls

I did my daughters at 3 months, they closed up. I won’t be repiercing until she asks

I got my daughter at 3 months and she never had an issue

2 Likes

When they ask for it to be done.
They’re not something you can accessorise

2 Likes

When the baby is old enough to ask to get it done.

1 Like

My 4 year old asked to get his done for months, so after a few months of asking we let him and he loves them! He’ll be 5 later this week!

I’m waiting for my two girls to be big enough to ask. I want to make a mommy and me day out of it. Get ears pierced and get something to eat kind of thing

My mom had mine done at 9 months. I have boys so they got them done at 7&9 years old when it was completely their choice. (ONLY because I feel like it’s feminine)
Personally if I had a girl I would Pierce them as a baby. I circumcised my boys without their consent lol these moms on here need a chill pill. :rofl::woman_shrugging:t4: that’s just me though….

6 Likes

When they were old enough to ask …when babies get ear infections ,;water in there ears sinus infection even when they first discover they have ears they can / most do pull and tug on their ears and they run the risk of ripping the piercing .

1 Like

I personally wouldn’t until they’re old enough to ask (but i don’t have girls :joy:) but a lot of moms I know get them done after a few vaccines, usually between 3-6 months, which makes sense to me. If my son (3yo) were to ask I’d wait til he’s about 5 or so I think so he could understand what it means and help him take care of it / them.

Your baby cannot consent! Don’t do it!

2 Likes

About 3months. Her pediatrician did it!

2 Likes

As a young mom, I chose to pierce my daughter’s ears at 6 months for cultural reasons. As a mature mom, I wouldn’t recommend piercing a child’s ears (or otherwise altering their body for cosmetic purposes) until they are 10+ and able to consent.

2 Likes

I got my daughters’ ears pierced when they asked to have them done

1 Like

I’m waiting until mine is old enough to tell me wether that’s what she wants or nor.

1 Like

I did my daughter’s at 4 months

1 Like

Got my daughter’s at 3 months n my son’s at 6years (he asked), never had an issue w either

1 Like

Yea. My body my choice. Let them decide later

3 months both of my girls they are 11 and 8 now and they love them

My daughter got hers for her 3rd birthday! She loved them and still does now that she is 6! :blush:

I waited till my daughter asked me to get hers done she was 7

However I have a cousin that got her daughters ears pierced when she was 3 months old and she was fine. Never pulled on them or tried pulling one out. I would say she was use to them being there. She’s now 21 years old n still has them

1 Like

They should get to make the choice since it’s a cosmetic thing and involves their body.

When i can take her to a tattoo shop and get it professionally done and not by incompetent people who have no training or licensing and that reuses a non sterile gun that incorrectly pierces an ear

7 Likes

1 year old. He was fine. X

Babies don’t “get their ears pierced”

It’s called assault and there is NO reason to punch holes in a defenceless child’s body

And I say that as someone with multiple piercings and tattoos!

9 Likes

She will be allowed when she’s old enough to make an informed decision

1 Like

When they can ask for it to be done. Like Christ it’s 2022, but keep baptizing your babies without consent as well :woman_facepalming:t2:

4 Likes

BABIES shouldn’t. Children who are capable of making the choice for themselves about a permanent hole in their body for jewelry can get their ears pierced. My grandmother babysits for 3months and up and had a 6 month old who had her ears done at 6 weeks old who got her earrings caught on everything and almost ripped her ear off when the jewelry caught on a piece of clothing while she was playing. My daughter can get hers done anywhere after 6 years old.

2 Likes

I let them choice when they was older.

When baby is old enough to make that choice for themselfs

2 Likes

My oldest was 7 months my youngest was 19 months

We let our daughter decide when she was ready. Her body, her choice.

Pierced my kids ears while he was still in my womb! Hahaha man calm down… they won’t feel it nor remember it… but no one bats a eye when we’re cutting penis skin off…

2 Likes

Wait till they are old enough to tell you. Sometimes the piercing hole moves on the earlobe as the child grows up. Then it’s in a weird spot.

2 Likes

My kids decided for themselves at ages 13 and 16. My older one only wanted one in one ear. I never wanted to have them done without their consent.

All 3 of my girls were done at 6 weeks old, they are now 16,10,6 no issues here.

3 Likes

I was 2 months old when my mom got mines done and my daughter when she was 2 years old. Healed very easy and no problems at all.

My mum got mine done when i was like 6m old. Im not mad at her for it, i dont remember it. She said she wishes she did it a little earlier because i pulled at them abit.

I have 3 sons so if/when they ask

When they ask for it

1 Like

My Doctor told me you should wait to get their ears pierced after their first set of shots. I got my daughter’s done when she was about 6 weeks and I’m pregnant with another little girl and will do the same.

1 Like

My daughter was 6 months. They say 3-6 months is good because they cant pull on them/ know where the pain is. My daughter would not let us put new earrings in so we took them out and now she’ll have to ask for them. I had mine done at 6 months and ive never regretted them or was mad at my mom.

They should get them pierced when they are old enough to ask for it themselves.

1 Like

Personally… I’d wait until your child is old enough to decide that they want them. No reason to make a baby hurt just so they can have jewelry

When they want to. And can care fore the healing…

1 Like

4 months at the recommendation of her dr because she has all her shots and wont pull at them

1 Like

When they’re old enough to ask and take care of them with direction. My 9 year old asked a few months ago.

1 Like

I did all 3 of mine 4mo

1 Like

When old enough to ask.

3 Likes

everyone is different and has lots of opinions pick what’s best for you! no matter what you do u still get judged etc so do what’s you want and what’s best for you

2 Likes

I would wait til your child asks consistently

3 Likes

I would say when they ask.
My mom got mine done.
And I don’t wear earrings and I never would have got my ears pierced. It’s not something I’m interested in. :laughing:

But no judgment if you do, it’s your baby.

1 Like

I was like 13 y old. My daughter has to be mature first to care for the piercing

wait till there of age to make decision themselves.

3 Likes

I got mine in 7th grade and my girls dad didn’t want our girls to get them done till they were 10 but two of my daughters got my granddaughters ears pierced at 6months

When they ask you if they can get them pierced. And you should take them to a professional at a tattoo shop to do it with a proper piercing needle. The guns are HORRIBLE and there’s no reason to put a baby through that.

1 Like

I got my ears pierced at 22. I got daughter’s done at age 1… I would have preferred to have it done when I was a baby. By the time I was a kid I was afraid of the needles etc…

I didn’t for both of my girls. I waited for my oldest to ask a couple times until it was for sure what she wanted. She was 5 when I let her get them done. I’m doing the same for my youngest.

3 Likes

Bodily autonomy is a thing and it’s important.

6 Likes

Mine was done at 11 months old. 33 years later and my holes are closed up. I hated the earrings. If I had a daughter, I’d wait till she was old enough to ask herself.

1 Like

When they’re old enough to take care of them!

1 Like

6 months I did my firsts and my 2nd born is getting hers done next month at 6 months also it’s easier to keep them clean and to allow them to heal and later they can take them out if they want

When the babies are old enough to ask for it

2 Likes

Personally don’t agree with it but each to there own both my daughters liked pulling at there ears through teething stage and would of ripped the earrings out most likely my eldest is 11 still doesn’t want her ears pierced and my bonus daughters had hers done since she was a baby my youngest I’d like to wait until she’s older I was 7 when I got mine done…

My babies were 12 or older. I let them ask.

1 Like

When they ask and have knowledge about it.

1 Like

If my daughters want their ears pierced I wanna wait until they are old enough to tell me they want it. Consent is big in our house.

2 Likes

I got my first daughter’s ears done at 5 months old my second daughters at 10 months old and my third daughters at 9 months old

She’s your baby, pierce them whenever you want!

I had mine pierced in the hospital, my daughter got theirs pierced at 18 months.

Mine were done right after 1st shots

She’s 11 and still don’t want them so I’m not sure lol

My daughter’s got theirs at six months when they got their six month shots. Their pediatrician did them. My son got his done at age 2 when he watched his 13 year old sister get her third piercing.

I have 4 girls and had them all done after their 2 month shots

My daughter is 3 and I’m going to be waiting till she wants them done

My daughter got hers at her 2 days old visit with my midwife

Daughter was 1 niece was5

When they are old enough to decide for themselves

My pediatrician did it, as an infant.

1 Like

I’ll just say I don’t agree with us making that choice for them. I will say my daughter is 7 and still does not want her ears pierced.

Depends on if the child wants them Or not

Please don’t put your baby through that!

If you respect your child’s autonomy, you should wait until they are old enough to ask for their ears to be pierced.

4 Likes

Right after her first set of shots.

1 Like

When they are old enough to ask for it

5 Likes