What allergy medicine should I give my child?

What allergy medicine should I give my 4 year old? I’ve tried equate allergy medicine from walmart but it’s not helping. He has a runny nose and a small cough.

7 Likes

My nephew takes children’s chewable Claritin.

1 Like

What allergy med is it? Generic for what? Zyrtec, Claritin, Allegra?

Rub Vicks on the bottom of his feet and put socks on him before bed. Gws lil one

1 Like

My kids are on children’s Claritin and have been since they were babies.

I’d get a prescription from the pediatrician… my girls take Zyrtec but it’s prescribed and it works wonderfully

Probably contact their dr.

Claritin hasn’t worked for my kids for awhile. I switched them to Zyrtec and seems to help but my oldest still uses a nose spray and eye drops.

My kids pediatrician prescribes my kids Bromfed.

are you sure its an allergy and not just the start of a cold?

6 Likes

They could have a cold not allergies

2 Likes

Zyrtec is awesome for children

I do Claritin. It’s the only one I could find that truly gives no drowsiness. – Depends on their allergies and severity.

I recommend kids Flonase!! It’s the best preventative allergy medicine out there that doesn’t have bad future side effects. I learned it from an allergist on TikTok

I’d ask your pediatrician, I have 4 kids and different meds work on them. Every kid is different

Zrytec or Claritin I give my kids both ( I switch them every month or so) and kids Flonase will help a ton

Both of my kids are on generic Zyrtec. Sam’s club had the best price on liquid.

Try Flonase (Walmart has a generic), 1 spray in each nostril once a day. Best stuff ever.

I would contact your pediatrician.

My son takes zyrtec daily and it works well for him… But started with a script for citirizine which is just the script version of zyrtec with benadryl to get it under control once under control just the daily zyrtec works for him… But talk to the doc they may have a better idea which is better for him

My daughter uses the Walmart brand of Claritin that dissolves on your tongue

You should not post the questions asking for medical advice. This is ridiculous. Ask a pediatrician.

1 Like

Get something from a doctor or urgent care. Have your child checked out.

1 Like