What are hospital bag must haves?

Yesterday so pack now your going home outfit a comfy OLD nightgown or maybe 2 toothbrush toothpaste soap shampoo conditioner pads & any other personal hygiene items you like bc the ones at the hospital aren’t very good & they will charge a lot for them (use small travel size bottles or zip lock bags ) that way you can just leave the excess (especially with Covid ) an outfit for the baby to come home in try not to overpack items you don’t need much mostly clothes for you & baby to come home in & thin baby blanket for the sun … don’t forget a good car seat installed properly…

Also the first week or so put a pillow on your tummy whenever you cough sneeze or laugh. Your stretched out muscles will be sore

Outfit for baby, shampoo/conditioner for you, phone charger, clothes if you don’t want to wear hospital gown, chapstick deodorant the essentials nothing extra

Pack now—- stuff you need for yourself and of course coming home clothes for both

A favorite hard candy. It reallybhwlps when you can’t have drink, food or ice.

Pack now. Chap stick hair tie pjs for you outfit for baby and change of clothes for significant other.

Asked the midwives to tell you all that is needed for Birth preparedness while attending the ANC visit

Are you for real? Old enough to have a baby but do t know how to pack??? Geez

I’d pack now, just to be safe.

All of the above and music, something soothing that will let time pass

Clothes for both you and baby
House coat
Slippers
Diapers/wipes
Body wash/shampoo
Toothbrush/toothpaste
Brush
Phone charger
Extra Pillow/blanket
Snacks
Books
Pads
Deodorant

Don’t forget you cell phone charger. Hair brush comfortable pants for after I recommend soft pj pants

Better take 2 outfits for baby cuz mine pooped all over her dress we were gonna take her home in lol

swaddle, chapstick, deodorant, haaka, pillow, and snacks.

Pack now just in case

Two sizes of diaper, unless you have checked both sides for babies born and their birth weight. A onesie or simple outfit and receiving blanket or new swaddling wrap. You will get some things from the hospital in a gift bag.

Something comfortable for you to wear home, hair brush, toothpaste and brush, small shampoo and deodorant for your first shower if you’re picky about this stuff. PJs unless you like hospital gown fashions. Good nursing bra or if not nursing a snug supportive bra (it will help with any soreness). And once your packed put your bag at the door so it doesn’t get forgotten in the excitement (it happens more times than it’s remembered). And pack this bag yourself so you know you have everything you want in it. No need to go crazy packing, but the only person who knows what you want is you.

Had my beautiful baby girl 47 years ago and although it’s far in the past there are some things that don’t change

1 Like

I’d pack it NOW!!! You can go any time and pack couple outfits for baby (esp take home and picture outfit) and cpl nice PJs for you, some normal pads in case your bleeding isn’t heavy enough for the diaper like ones they give you and all your essentials toothbrush, deodorant, body spray, comb or brush for hair and pony tail holder

1 Like

Some of your own comfy nightgowns! The hospital ones are so uncomfortable and they check your vagina every hour or two so it’s easy access.

I took ID insurance card, phone (with camera or someone to take pictures or video of you want), nursing bra, nursing gowns, stretch panties, a cover up robe, (my gowns had matching ones) slippers, flip flops, or non skid socks (socks help if your feet get cool too) shampoo, hair brush, face wash, soap, lotions, tooth paste, toothbrush, makeup and mirror. Carry a few of your own XL large pads (for bleeding). I took a book, Yahtzee dice, a couple decks of cards, and a magazine I like (with short reads, jokes, recipes, inspirations, health and beauty perks, and puzzles in it.) Something for baby to wear home, (a tshirt and/or gown or kimono) would be most comfortable) a receiving blanket, a cap, mitts, and socks for baby. A pacifier if you plan to use one, an extra diaper and wipes. DO NOT forget the car seat. Make sure you have something to wear home too if you don’t want to leave hospital in a gown and robe. You’ll want to have a container in the car for any flowers, gifts and cards you received there. If the weather is cold, make sure you have warm sweaters or jackets, a zip up for baby too. Warm shoes or boots. I keep an umbrella and rain poncho in the car ALL the time in case of rain or snow. It also helps during bright hot sunshine to shield your baby. The hospital usually gives you a few newborn diapers and if you are not nursing, usually one or two bottles and trial size formula. However, if you are not nursing you should take at least one in case the hospital doesn’t. If you get held over night you’ll be glad you took things to do. If you knit or crotchet, that would be something to take. Or even an adult coloring book, a journal or SOMETHING. IF your husband or friends plays cards or vice games, they will appreciate that you have them. You can also play solitary games of. I don’t care for phone games

For yourself- book, kindle, games, snacks, comfy outfit, socks, blanket, pads, underwear, shower stuff.

Baby- 2 outfits, breast pump if you are doing that, blanket, a few diapers/wipes, socks, hat, hand covers.

Comfy baggie pants or shorts, baggy shirt, maternity bra if nursing, and stock up on those nice mesh panties they will give you while you are there. Baby outfits, binky, , extra bag for any extras the hospital gives you, your favorite snack or 2.

The hospital provides Kotex and bra pads which will be paid for by your insurance. Save your money. Take some big shopping bags to take all the gifts and boxes home with you .

The hospital provides formula, diapers,wipes and breast pump and t shirts and blankets for baby-bring a few onesies / gowns or sleepers and special blankets if you like and a going home outfit and car seat — hospital provides pads and mesh panties for you- bring gown, robe or lounge wear for you

Tooth brush and paste, hair brush, your own pillow, and way too big pants with a button up shirt…candy and lotion -a magazine, boom-done deal

If it’s a Vaginal Birth you go home in 2 days.

Good luck and congratulations

Arabia Brewer Jules Ramin some good suggestions for hospital bag

Congratulations and enjoy

Such an exciting time!! Enjoy your baby!

Pack now. Like right now.
Pack just like you, the baby, and daddy (or whoever) are going to a hotel for 2 or 3 nights, but if you forget stuff, they’ll have it. Multiple size clothing for baby, because you don’t know how big. Bring snacks, or meal items for your overnight guest because they don’t get meals like you do, and the cafeteria closes early. Anything comfortable, but with easy boob access. There’s a lot of people touching your boobs and looking at your lower bits. They will provide femine products and mesh undies, but you may want to bring period panties too, and dark colored bottoms. Either high waist, or fold down in case you end up having a csection. Then, like I said, everything else you would want to take on a hotel trip for sleeping or hanging out or showering.

Snacks!!! Our hospitals food was absolutely disgusting!!!

Toiletries, (shampoo, toothbrush hair brush). Leave the hospital clothes for you and baby. Start with three days of clothes you and baby ( you clothes can be comfortable pajamas.

very loose pants lol even the ones you wear right up to delivery might be too tight or uncomfortable if you have a csection. More than one home outfit for the baby in case he/she is bigger or smaller than you expected or they potty on the first set.

Pack it now, at least an outfit for the baby to come home in. The hospital will provide diapers, wipes and formula