What are phantom flutters?

My sweet babe is 7 months old and I’ve had “phantom flutters” for about a month now. Today I swear I felt one on the outside while I had my arm relaxed next to my abdomen. I have had negative bloodwork so no pregnancy and not trying. Just curious if this is a common occurrence? Am I just crazy

15 Likes

Yesss totally normal for awhile!!!

Happens to me all the time! My baby is about to be 8 months next week.

1 Like

I still feel them and my youngest is 3!

1 Like

Yep! My youngest is five and I still occasionally have random twitches that feel like a baby kicking.

2 Likes

Been almost 2 years since my last pregnancy and I still get movements. I’ve had my tubes tied and it still freaks me out :rofl:

I get them sometimes and my son is almost 2! Super common :smiling_face:

I had my son 5 years ago and I still get them

I’ve had 5 and have always experienced fantom flutters. My youngest is almost 5 months and I get them, I got my tubes removed so I am 100% sure I can not naturally conceive. I was told it’s normal.

Not crazy. The human body is so mysterious and amazing.

I get phantom kicks and my youngest is gonna be 7 in June.

Yes!! It’s so weird… I’m menopausal and still feel them. :sweat:

My youngest is 10 months old and I sometimes feel movements.

My youngest is 3.5 and i still get them a couple times a week.

My daughter just turned 10m yesterday and I still feel them sometimes lol

It’s most likely gas. Lol

1 Like

It’s been 3 years since I’ve had a baby and I still feel phantom kicks/flutters.

My baby is about to be 3 and I still get them

Yes! I had some for months after all 3 of my boys, mine did stop eventually though.

My son is 7 & i still get them!

2 Likes

Thank god it’s normal, cause mine is 4 and I get them too

I have noticed since they removed my tubes after a tubal pregnancy I feel these a lot and especially last night when I was laying with my husband watching tv it was on my left side next to my ribs.

My son is 8 and I still every blue moon will get them.

1 Like

Thought I was the only one still get them from time to time I have 3kids, thank god thought I was going mad lol :+1:

2 Likes

Get em all the time when im not prego

my son is 4 and I get them. my mom has a daughter in her 40s and she gets them

My oldest is 10 and youngest is 13months, I still get them .

Yeah i get them every so often

I had them a lot before I got pregnant again.

I’ve been getting those lately and wondering what they are.

Oh I’m so glad that it’s normal. My babies just turned 8 months last month and I have been getting them for the past few months.

Yes my baby is 2 and i still get them

I got them for a long time after i had my daughter… Now i feel them for real because i got knocked up… Lol its normal

1 Like

My daughter is almost 2 and I still get them.

I get them off and on. I thought I was crazy but it’s actually common . . I got them worse after my second was born though!

Very common. Super weird. I had them too lol

My daughter is 16 I still get them time to time

2 Likes

My baby just turned 11 months old, and I still get them occasionally.

2 yes pp and I still get what I call ghost kicks!

My daughter is 6 and my son almost 3. I still have them

1 Like

Yes my youngest is 17 mos and I had her and her sister 14 mos apart. I still feel flutters. I’ve had 3 c sections as well so idk if that has anything to do with it, especially with the last two being so close.

My son is 16 months and I still have those. I think pregnancy is traumatic on a body and it’s probably muscle spasms :woman_shrugging:t3: I’m not an expert though lol

1 Like

They are normal. I had looked them up. It is your stomach muscle spasming

I’ve had the same thing happen to me before. I could even feel them on the outside. I know I’m definitely not pregnant though :joy:

I get them still and my son is 5

Uterus going back to normal or trying

Maybe you need to fart :woman_shrugging:

My oldest is a teenager an I still get them.

Same . Makes me happy/sad because I miss thoes kicks! Lol

I had them for probably a year after my son was born. 9 months with number two now so we’ll see