What are some things I can do so my toddler doesn't think there are monsters in his room?

I think my son has hit the monsters and nightmare stage. How do I calm him and get him to feel safe in his room from monsters. My son is 3

38 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. https://answers.mamasuncut.com/t/what-are-some-things-i-can-do-so-my-toddler-doesnt-think-there-are-monsters-in-his-room/19659

Remind him Monsters don’t exist and then spray some “no monster spray” just to make him feel extra safe.

3 Likes

Does he have a favorite stuffy? When my daughter was little we used to tell her that her baby doll was magic and it kept the monsters and bad dreams away. It worked for her

1 Like

Open the window in his room and take a squirter bottle AKA “monster spray”. Spray all over the room until the monsters leave out the window.

My hubby took air freshner taped white paper on it an Pretended to fight the monster w monster spray

1 Like

Natra-Bio Herbs for Kids No More Monsters, Chewable, Banana (Carton) | 125ct https://a.co/d/3cnG6st

Worked like a charm for my daughter

I second the monster spray. Works like a charm

3 Likes

“Monster spray” or even a nightlight. For my son I would even have him go as far as to let the dog sleep in our bed and I told him that Gus will pee on their legs and say “get out of here and leave us alone” and Sasha would “bark at the monster” I think making it humorous has helped him.

Give him a sword and tell him they are weak you are strong Goodnight :rofl::sweat_smile:

My daughter did monster spray for my grand daughter. She put glitter water and food coloring and every night sprays in under the bed and around the room

Be creative make monster spray. Ect

I was only commenting to say monster spray too :joy:

1 Like

Telling my kid they didn’t exist helped. We got a lavender scented spray and sprayed her room and said their all gone and let her have nightlight in her room. Eventually she quit asking for the spray.

I tried the spray but my kids just wouldn’t stop spraying things lol I told them dryer sheets kept monsters away so I would save them when I took them out of the dryer after use and saved them I would put them in the door way and such and it worked lmao :woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Say “go to sleep or El Cucui gonna come get you “

1 Like

Nightlight and water with a couple of drops of food coloring in a spray bottle. We made a Monster Spray label and it worked awesome!!

1 Like

Make label that says monster be gone spray … put it on a can of air freshener and have him spray it at bed time wherever he’s worried they’re at right before he gets in the bed

1 Like

My son to since he loves those cartoons and sonic the hedge hog so at night I tell him stories to like his the hero :woman_superhero: and I also put myself as a hero and nothing will get him! And we check the bed and doors before bed! And I got him a neon light little radio

We made ‘monster repellent’ which was just water with whatever kind of essential oil in it. We’d make a big show of spraying it around, under the bed, closet and window. My toddler was satisfied that it would keep the monsters away just like bug spray does mosquitoes.

I simply told my daughter they aren’t real, they are just pretend. They are just for stories and movies and books. She was around 3 when it started. Sadly as she gets older she will have to learn monsters are actually humans

1 Like

Bond with him, let him know that he is always safe. No matter where he is, you’ll always be there.

I too agree with the monster spray. I added some lavender oil to a water bottle and some rose petals and lavender flowers to it and labeled it monster spray. The lavender helps relax and helps with restful sleep. Plus it smells good lol. I also used a rope light hung around his room as it isn’t very bright, but bright enough that there were no weird shadows to fear him out. He is 8 now, but still loves the lavender spray because he said it helps him relax and sleep better and he likes the smell and he keeps the lights up so he can see to get up and go to the bathroom at night but it’s not too bright. He also likes to listen to sleep music which is usually meditation music or spa type music. I have also used a fan too for white noise.

Go get a “monster fighting toy” maybe let them choose it and make it fun

1 Like

Turn off the tv in the evening. Kids get over stimulated by the hypnotic flashing.

Normal Children by 2 1/2 years have allready began to learn the art of manipulation. To get what they want…also. no video games. Movies or TV last hour of the evening…chill out read a book time

1 Like

Spray bottle full of water and write “Monster Destroyer” on it. Spray a little anywhere they think they could be. Little kids still believe in magic.

2 Likes

Give him some Febreeze and tell him it’s the Go Away Spray. Let him spray his room before going to bed.

2 Likes

I would never lie to a child about monsters. Wich if you are using monster spray you are lying telling them that monsters are there

Night light and monster spray

1 Like

I always told my youngest who is now 13 years old daddy ate them and dad would go thoroughly in the house and look and make it sound like he ate 2-3 and she would sleep through the night and no bad dreams

1 Like

Dreamcatcher except tell him it keeps bad stuff away. Nightlight.

1 Like

I made a spray bottle and labeled it “‘monster spray” we included the kids and sprayed everything. Under the bed closets, toys anything and everything with it. Worked like a charm. (It’s was only water lol)

1 Like

I used to tell my grandson to call grandma and I would kick that monsters butt. He believed it lol.

When my daughter was born I told her that there are no such thing as monsters. Why? Because when I was pregnant with her, I went on a monster hunt. And when I found them I popped their heads off and rolled them down the street!
All of the kids in my family think this, lol.
But! Also! Everyone knows that monsters are allergic to pink (or whatever color their blankets and sheets are) and if they even see said color, they will explode immediately.

2 Likes

We go in and inspect their rooms together & leave a night light on in their rooms, hallway & bathroom & let them know they can come into our room or sleep on the couch if they want. They also bring the dog in with them which helps.

2 Likes

Check under the bed & closet with a flashlight. Give him a flashlight too & it will scare monsters away

1 Like

Monster & nightmare spray! A spritz bottle of water with a label

2 Likes

Monster spray aka free breeze or glade. Spray a little mist to make them go away. Works on my boy. Got the idea in one of these groups.

2 Likes

Night lights, there plenty that light up the whole room in glows. Do monster checks. Show him under his bed and inside his closet every night. Make sure the closet is closed and maybe get a dark curtain to go under his current one that way no creepy stuff and shown through like trees.

I showed my kids how cartoons were drawn, the behind the scenes of movies, and explained they are safe. Mom is always close and not going anywhere,. Lots of cuddles and comfort.

make a monster spray off water and lavender and spray under the bed and around the bedroom in the corners and wardrobe

3 Likes

Tour the room with him, pray to God with him, to teach him to pray when your not there. No monster movies or games.

1 Like

I remember checking my daughters room every night with her and a flashlight :heart: then saying our prayers :heart:Worked like a charm :heart:

Monster spray like others have suggested. For a child that age they have trouble distinguishing between reality and imaginary.

1 Like

“mommy and daddy are tough we’re not gonna let monster come in here :muscle::muscle:” also we have dogs and I’d say they’d let us know cuz they’d smell the monsters :dog:

Night lights…a toy to sleep with.

Watch (Monsters Inc.) My daughter loves that movie. It literally does all the work for you lol

2 Likes

What worked for my kids was a flashlight. I got kids ones with big buttons that automatically turned off when they forget to turn it off. I told them when they see a monster (or snake, spider, dragon or whatever else) to shine the light on it. They soon realized that the thing they were scared of was actually something else. Fans & sound machines have also helped to drown out noises & help them sleep. My kids are far past the monster stage but now have furreal bears (Cubby & Plum) that become white noise machines at night. I never lied to my kids that this spray, chrystal or whatever will repell the monster.

Make sure there’s a light on everybody’s afraid of the dark little kids see things and hear things that aren’t there look around his room before you put him to bed and show him there’s nothing there make sure it’s nice and comfortable and make sure you leave a night light on and don’t close the door

1 Like

My husband gave our daughter a stuffed ghost that protected her while she slept.

Monster spray!! My parents used to do that with me when I was little. Just use some air freshener and spray the room and it will get rid of Monsters! You can even make or print off a label to put on the spray.

2 Likes

Small spray bottle and let him choose the color that gets rid of anything. Use food color! And let him spray.

Nightlights that are a little more animated (bubbler with fake fish in it, a traffic light night light, etc). That or leave the tv on but on silent. This stage is more about fear of the unknown and that anything could be in the dark. But if he can see his entire room and possibly be distracted by something a little positive, it might help your son see there’s nothing to be afraid of and to like having his own room

Monster Be GONE SPRAY. Fill an empty spray bottle with water (add glitter if you want) create a label or hand write one. Worked with my kids who are all grown now.

1 Like

Monster Be Gone. My mom just took a piece of printer paper, wrote Monster Be Gone on it, taped it to a Lysol can and sprayed our room with it before we went to bed.

1 Like

We tell my daughter the smoke detector protects her and the baby monitor does too so I can hear her.

Monitor what he is watching. He had to of seen this in order to think its real.

1 Like

Grab a bottle and mix it with lavender oil label the bottle Monster spray and spray it before going to bed. Also night light that lights the room really well.

1 Like

We have monster spray eucalyptus oil in my house. That is the smell we like but others have used lavender to help relax and sleep. Im allergic that’s why we use eucalyptus.
Nightlights help.
And calm books before bed to make sweet dreams.
We have also made sure the kids could always sleep with us if they ever felt unsafe. For bad bad night terrors.

1 Like

Monster spray.
Or
My mum gave me a fairy and made her a little bag that I could put my worries in and the “fairy” replied. I loved it

l get paid over $177 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18984 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

M0re Info. https://amazingearning628.pages.dev/

I did the monster spray. I brought air freshener from the dollar store and covered the label with construction paper labeled monster spray. Every night, I would go in his room with him watching, and say monsters be gone. I would also spray under the bed.

3 Likes

l get paid over $177 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18984 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

M0re Info. https://amazingearning668.pages.dev/

Look on Etsy or make your own “monster be gone” spray. :black_heart:

When my daughter was going through that we made “monster spray”
And sprayed her room good to rid it of monsters

Give him a crystal/gemstone to hold onto as he goes to sleep or puts under his pillow

Empower him as an enchanted monster slayer. Give him a weapon, a little mag light for instance, that can disintegrate any monster. In his imagination, monsters are real. That same imagination can make him a super hero with magic weapons and power shield.

1 Like

My dad took an old spray bottle and he spray monster spray all over the room in the closet and under the bed it always work

Do what they do in the Sims and “spray the monster under the bed” before bed time.

Don’t let him sit and cry and be scared. Let him come in your bed and comfort him. This stage will pass

1 Like

I used a spray bottle with lavender essential oil in it and called it the monster spray.

i agree the monster spray works wonders, we have a pharmacy here and the pharmacist would make a spray up of monster spray with the kids name on it like a prescription

Get a “prescription” monster spray for the pharmacy. Some pharmacies will create a prescription where it says “spray room to deter monsters” that might help.

2 Likes

l get paid over $177 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18657 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

M0re Info. https://amazingearning775.pages.dev/

Make lavender scented monster spray. It will help him sleep and give him peace of mind

Have him do a” walk through “ with you to help look for and scare away monsters

Spray bottle with water and scented oil or just water. Mark on it monster spray and let him spray away the monsters.

I never had this issue with my kids as I taught mine monsters aren’t real and the ones on tv are just people in costumes.

1 Like

I crochet and knitt so I made my son a monster that scares away monsters. We also tell him that the monster can’t get him because mommy and daddy are here. He will wake up thinking a monster is after him and will come to bed with us. Just help reassure him. We have been watching monsters ink and as a parent looking at it from a child’s view I have realized that it’s not monster they are scared of its something in the bedroom that looks scary like a shirt laying funny or a stuffy out of place. So when you take kiddos to bed turn out the lights and look around and see if something may look scary too him

Wonderful advice🤗! . . . And I have a never-fail mag-light!

Pray for and with him.

But a can of air freshener and label it Monster spray. Every night go in his room and spray all the hiding spots!!! Do this together worked wonders on my son!! Now he does it with his own children