What are the benefits of using evening primose oil?

I’m currently 36 weeks and 4 days. I’ve been reading about evening primrose oil and raspberry leaf tea to help your body get ready for labor. Has anyone had any experience with this? I plan on discussing with my doctor at my next appointment. Thank you.

2 Likes

I took both with my second pregnancy and my labor was under an hour and reasonably easy compared to my first child. Not sure if the credit is due to EPO and RRLF but :woman_shrugging:t2::joy:

Good luck!

• V :dizzy:

They wont induce labor, but it makes giving birth way easier. I used neither with my 1st baby and I tore front to back and bled for 12 weeks after giving birth, 2nd baby I used Primrose oil from 36 weeks until I delivered(39w3d) and I had to have 6 stitches but I bled less. 3rd baby I used both the tea and the oil from 36 weeks til I was induced at 39 weeks even, I did not tear at all with him and I was spotting lightly when I left the hospital(was at hospital for 48 hours after giving birth) I will most definitely be using both at the end of my current pregnancy with my 4th baby, it was so much easier for recovery when I used both with my last pregnancy so I think they are both wonderful to use if you want an easier birth.

I used evening primrose oil, but I honestly can’t say what effect (if any) it had

Yes! I did both with my first and labor was 5 hours with 20 minutes of pushing

It did nothing for me :neutral_face: