What are the side effects of having your tubes tied?

What are the side effects you’ve had of getting your tubes tied?

4 Likes

Wanting a baby down the road… Regret maybe? Should be looked into very seriously. Idk personally any health risks associated though. :heart::heart:

Super heavy periods and cramping.

I agree with all above. My periods are worse. Longer, harder, and cramps are notorious then the stomach weight will not go…

12 years and a clap came off. I regret getting them done cause i would love to have one more

No side effects for me besides not having to use birth control which I had lots of issues with. Mine were done 10 years ago and no problems yet.

1 Like

Only complaints I have are heavier periods & extreme cramping. It’s been over 4 years for me & my periods have just now started to get a little lighter & not as long. The cramps with it are still pretty bad though. All & all I still don’t regret it.

33 yrs ago no problem. No regret . Have my boy n girl.

1 Like

:sweat_smile: one of my mom’s came untied & one swelled up causing a need for a partial hysterectomy 9-10ish years later.

1 Like

Heavy, long, extremely painful periods after. Before they were light, maybe 3 days and never really bothered me.

I got my tubes removed instead of tied and have had way heavier periods

Brutal periods for the first few years

1 Like

Way heavier periods and cramping… For some reason feel ovulation pain as well which i never had before…

Had them done during delivery when i was 35

2 Likes

Heavy periods for me… aside from regretting it

4 Likes

Get a tubal and an ablation! No more periods! Best decision EVER…Im 37

1 Like

I almost had a tubal with ablation, until my Dr told me there was no way to determine how my cycle would be after. So I had a hysterectomy & it was the BEST thing I ever did! I know a couple friends who ended up having to have a hysterectomy AFTER a tubal… within months

Hysterectomy 8 years later due to fluid build up in the tube after they tied them. Worst pain ever.

I ended up with PTLS. I was having 2 periods every month. So, I had an ablation and now… no more periods.

Do some research on Post Tubal ligation syndrome determine if it’s worth the risk for you. I wish I knew before hand that it would be like this. Even being allergic and having adverse reactions to most birth controls, I’d easily pick the bc over the tubal.

My periods became HELL and eventually needed a hysterectomy.

My periods suck…but they did it while I was open during my C. I’ve heard horror stories about the 1 through the belly button. DON’T DO THAT ONE.

regret! and the worst cramps i’ve ever experienced.

2 Likes

Got fixed same time I had a c section.
Being fixed does not effect your period.
You should not have pain after a few days.
My gf got hers removed she was sore for 2 weeks tho

I came home home with an infection. Antibiotics & off work for 2 weeks. Went back to work, in 2 weeks. Got dirt in a cut I had on finger & got blood poisoning. Off work for 2 more weeks. 3 years later ended up with hysterectomy.

Having a tubal was the WORST decision of my life.

I gained a lot of weight and my once breezy periods were hell - they were longer and heavier and all the symptoms that come with a period were so much worse.

5 Likes

I never had no issues at all, best decision ever

My periods were heavier than ever before… otherwise I did t regret the decision. March this yr though due to a medical issue I had a partial hysterectomy it’s been great.

I had mine almost 11 years ago. No side effects whatsoever. Period comes every month like clockwork the same as it did before.

My mom had terrible post ligation syndrome until she blissfully went into menopause