What are the signs of a gluten allergy?

Anyone on here have children with gluten allergies? My sons been vomiting and has had severe diarrhea the last four days now. I took him in last night and they didn’t find anything. He had more solid poop this morning but tonight again it’s back to diarrhea. He had Cheerios and chicken nuggets. His growth they’re worried about as well cause he’s fallen off his curve. Could this possibly be a gluten allergy? I’m calling his doctor tomorrow to make an appointment asap but just wanted to see if other moms possibly have kids with a gluten allergy and what symptoms their kids had if willing to share.

1 Like

Was this a one time? How often does this happen?

1 Like

Constantly going to bathroom after they eat

My daughter gets severely bloated to the point it’s painful when she eats gluten. She gets sick and frequently uses the bathroom if she eats dairy.

Check dairy … been going through the same type of thing with my daughter and I think narrowed it down to. She is sensitive to dairy not necessarily intolerant. She can have some but I give her lactose free milk with her cereal in the morning because she’s got an empty belly. I don’t want to fill her up with the milk first thing because we’ve noticed that that’s what upsets her tummy and it seem to help.

Gluten is more bloating and stomach/pains. On the loo straight after they have eaten anything with gluten, barley, rye oats and wheat. He will need a blood test to confirm :+1:

1 Like

Sounds more like a stomach bug or a dairy problem to me. My son has acid reflux problems and he’s more on the sensitive side when it comes to gluten, but he’s never had diarrhea from it.

1 Like

My grandma vomits and gets diarrhea from dairy!

1 Like

It sounds more like a lactose intolerance thing