What are the signs of a mucus plug?

Hello! I’m currently 35weeks 6 days with my third baby. I have noticed bad lightening crotch the last few days and Braxton hicks, this morning after I peed and wiped I noticed a good amount of pinkish dishcharge on the toilet paper. Could this be mucus plug ? I had seen bits of it in the toilet 4 days ago but didn’t think too much of it since I know it can regenerate, but now after this morning it was a good amount. Have any of you experienced this ? 

3 Likes

I didn’t have any pink untill I was actually in labor

When I lost mine it was like this , called dr and they had me go to hospital and delivered two hours later!

Yup and I delivered a couple days later at 35 weeks even.

Mucus plug is kinda how it sounds. It’s usually a clear with snotty consistency with no smell. You can lose pieces of it or if you’re farther along it can come out like it gooey plug. I usually lose pieces and it’s never meant anything. Add that mucus plug with fresh red blood and it’s called a bloody show. Pinkish discharge is fresh light blood so I would say unless you were active (don’t want you heading to l&d and be embarrassed) I would go to l&d just in case there is a slight bleed? Any pink or fresh blood my suggestion is always to head to l&d to check on things. If it’s dark it’s old blood and shouldn’t be a concern. But you said pink so I would say just go in. Jic. Safe than sorry.

I would go in if it were me

Yeah mucus plug. I’d go in and get checked.

Pink means call your doctor