What are the signs of labor?

Did extreme diarreah proceed labor for anyone? I’m 34 weeks but I’ve suspected my due date is inaccurate since beginning. Not to be gross, but I could not get off toilet for like 45 min, plus vomitting. I can rule out dietary things because I haven’t eaten today and last night i felt absolutely fine. Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Preeclampsia. Go hospital asap.

2 Likes

You might be about to go in labor a lot of moms had bowel movements before labor!

2 Likes

It could still be dietary. A lot of times it can take up to 48 hours for foods to effect your body.

1 Like

It could be just a virus too.

5 Likes

I’m 34 weeks and also had this problem. It ended up just being some sort of virus, I would just call my doctor to make sure though!

1 Like

I had very loose stools a few days before going into labour. I heard it’s natural and the vomiting can be from baby getting in to place and squishing your organs. Be prepared, don’t stress and maybe get your blood pressure checked just to be on the safe side. Best of luck to a safe and healthy l&d!

1 Like

Vomiting a lot can be rough on the baby and can cause dehydration. Diarrhea can cause dehydration as well. Dehydration can lead to preterm labor. Maybe you’re sick, like a virus or something? Sometimes our bodies ‘cleanses’ themselves before birth (cause of diarrhea) but the vomiting isn’t part of the cleanse. I vomit a lot because of acid and bile reflux. Please stay hydrated. And if you feel unwell or in any pain I would make a trip to l&d to he safe

I had the giant anaconda poop before I went into labor with my 2nd.

4 Likes

Imodium? Will slow that down. Vomiting, not sure what to help with that. I would get sick to my stomach but didn’t vomit. Sometimes I wished I could!