What are the signs of postpartum depression?

Hey mamas I just had my baby girl 3 weeks ago and I think I have postpartum depression I have an appointment on Friday but I was just wondering how do you guys handle it and what should I expect at the clinic I didn’t have this with my first but all i have been doing has been crying since I’ve had her and I just don’t know how to cope with this any advice please and thank you and I also haven’t been able to sleep lately thanks again

1 Like

Definitely go to that appt girl postpartum is serious and you can’t control it honestly I had it with my first 7 years ago and I went nuts . Had to go on medication for it too just try to breath and if SO is around I would ask for help there’s no shame in it and it doesn’t make you a bad mom .

Sleep is very very difficult in those first weeks anyway.
Depression is a hard thing. Find support. Find help. And by help I mean someone to be home with you so you don’t feel like you’re doing it all alone and so you can rest. Someone to make you food and clean and change diapers.
Someone you don’t care being naked around if you need to just walk around in your undies.
Someone who can be there for baby while you take time to care for yourself.

1 Like

Make sure to be completely honest with your dr. Ppd is very normal and so many women get it. It Doesn’t make you a bad mother and I commend you for getting help. :purple_heart:

1 Like

Glad you are getting help with it, keep that appointment. You sound like you caught it early. I have dealt with my ppd strictly with medication and exercise. Good luck mama…

I had it years ago when my son was born but I’ll never forget it. I would cry and my husband would ask me why. He wouldn’t believe me when I told him I didn’t know. It was a very frustrating time for us. I honestly thought I was going crazy. I was embarassed to tell my doctor. Luckily now it’s talked about and easily treated with medication. Good luck.