What are you getting your mom for Christmas?

What are you getting your mom for Christmas who doesn’t like the usual girly things? No perfume, make up, etc. I stuggle with getting her gifts every single year. She’s going to be a grandma x2 in Feb if that helps at all. I’m so stuck

3 Likes

Gift card for favorite restaurant or store!

My children gift me experiences.
I love road trips and national parks. My favorite gifts are trips they plan out for me. Last year was a scenic week long drive with some easy day hikes through the Blue Ridge mountains​:heart::heart::heart:. They plan the route and pay for hotels and sightseeing along the way.

Get her a gift card to her favorite restaurant.

I’m making her a basket of her favorite treats and putting coffee and other things in it for her.

I feel like you might be one of my kids :-). The answer is always coffee and new socks but a good book, a gift card for movies or whatever you might do together, or consumables like favorite chocolates
or jams or whatever she likes.

Stuff she can use. She’s on a fixed income so I take a look at everyday things she actually uses that are pricey and stock her up. Amazon gift cards are great also, she loves to order craft stuff online.

2 Likes

Gift card to a restaurant or store she likes plus I’ve been giving her a canvas print of our daughters almost every year now too. I think those are what she likes the most.

Books? Or something you can both do together. I got my mom and I matching tattoos lol. Also, concert tickets.

Being that mom that has everything and my children don’t know what to get me….a day sitting around watching movies little snacks or order a pizza, offer to clean for one day, spend more time with mom, invite her on a weekend girls trip, just do a day trip that you both can enjoy.

I love night gowns, robe, slippers, sweatshirts and sweatpants, leggings, candles, and wax melts. Oh and Sudoku puzzles.

1 Like

Purse books blankets gift cards

Anything with my kids names/faces on it, is a hit for my mom! One year I got her a fuzzy blanket that said something about being a grandma…

Digital photo frame! Then anyone with the app and code for her frame can send it photos and they rotate throughout the day :smiling_face: I got it for all the grandparents for Xmas a couple years ago and it’s a blast.

I miss my mom and every year she would just tell me a color and I would buy a sweater and a scarf.

Does she like movies? Depending on her age, she may have a lot of older DVDs or VHS tapes in her cabinet - things that she enjoyed and prefers those to streaming videos , so a player for those older videos. Maybe a new TV setup, an iPad, a nice radio or stereo , a record player with some of her old favorite music. Old school, but some older parents really appreciate things that take them back in time.

My late mom was like that so hard to buy for but photographs of family is always a good gift or gift cards.

Family portraits, hand made gifts, gift certificates (you can even make your own and include things like 2 hours of house cleaning or yardwork.) Or ask her for a list of things she wants or needs.

My mom isn’t the girly mom either, but I get her, some of her favorite things (fuzzy socks, coffee related things, candles and wax melts) My kids call her Nana so things that says Nana on it.

I got my mom a sweatshirt that says Nana in it…her preferred name.

Take her to a show. Theatre etc
I’m all about experiences and memories now.

4 Likes

does she like diamond painting you can get her a custom photo

My moms a car girly so stuff for her car lol

I got my mom a small painting from Etsy of all our (hers, mine and my children’s) birth flowers. She loved it.

I made my mom a “spa basket”. Put some slippers with lotions and a nice comfy bathrobe. One year added the foot soaker massager in it. Some candles. Chocolates. Her favorite snacks. Face wash. Stuff like that.

1 Like

Walmart has a deal. 2 plush blanket with photos on it for 49.98. I ordered it so my mom and my dad can have one.

A book by her favourite author, cosy pyjamas/loungewear, chocolates, wine (or other beverage), fragrance candle, new cup/mug for a hot drink

3 Likes

Bex-lkc scents is doing hampers and they are amazing xx

Mmmmm a scent warmer with some good smelling molds to melt

My moms the same. I’ll get her something personalized and sentimental. She always seems to like those gifts the best. Something w the grandkids maybe a gift card w it so when she needs something from the store she can use it

My daughter arranges a hamper with items I like. Different kinds of teas, individually packed face masks, candle…

Give her a grocery gift certificate or gas certificate.

2 Likes

I’d go on free prints and their gift apps and order a meaningful gift for her

We planted trees in her memory

2 Likes

I got my mum a sand art thingy last year and she loves it.

*Anything with her new name on it “Grammy” “grandmas” etc etc…
*gift card tree
*massage
*nice dinner she’s never been to

One of those digital picture frames! People can send her pics and they’ll upload to that!
Or a picture collage, make her a blanket, an activity you can do together

2 Likes

A personalized book to read to her grandkids, anything with grandkids is always a hit. Crafts, something with their birthstones, personalized tshirts.

My parents’ motto was “If we can’t eat it up, drink it up, or use it up, we don’t want it.”

2 Likes

Plant with beautiful vase

Unfortunately, my mother has passed, but I would call and pay a bill for her. That way she can use that money on something that speaks to her, or on something she really wanted.

1 Like

I’m gifting her a sourdough starter, my boys will be making ornaments and I will also buy a frame to put a picture of outer boys in it

Maybe an experience like a massage?

Book a lovey Spar day for her include maybe a lunch too

Spa, pedicure/mani, hair done, gym membership, new cell phone, fun piece of furniture, skin care, new dishes, nice towels, good sheets, pj’s, boots, an outing like movies together, a show, nice dinner out, new tv, kitchen appliance…?

My children don’t need to get me anything for Christmas, I have so much already. This is an expensive time and I will not cause them more debt. The most important gift is having my children, grand children & great grandchildren together for important holidays.

Organizer calender/address book for birthdays, anniversary, special occasions: nice pen set envelopes and stamps.

What about a nice framed photo of you and other siblings?

Make something with the kids for her. Paint and use their thumbprints. Google for ideas for thumbprint painting. Sweatshirt w/ grandma on it.

Gift cards for a mani-pedi and a massage. I also get her gift cards for her favorite specialty stores.

My mum likes diamond art, pictures, gift cards, she is doing another cruise so I will give her some money

I am her!  Get her anything she can use. Sounds like a practical person.

Ive got her bath bombs from lush as my mum doesnt like creams and lotions or anything really but i know she has baths lol :laughing:

I’m one that doesn’t do girly things lol it’s always nice to receive things that are hobby centered… I love to cook so anything for my kitchen is an example

My mother-in-law gets salt dough ornaments made by the kids. She already has so much stuff that these are much more sentimental.

She’s your mom, don’t you know what she does like?