What are you getting yourself for Christmas?

I’m so conflicted on what to get myself for Christmas.I focused on my daughter so she has everything, but now that I’m looking for myself I want to do one big thing lol I’ve been looking at Nintendo switches but…part of me wants one and the other part of me doesn’t. I game, but not allll the time. I just can’t think of anything else and I don’t really want experiences? Any help!

18 Likes

I get a couple things for the kids to give me and they love it!

I’m always stressing at Christmas, we live paycheck to paycheck. I focus on the kids. Me and hubby don’t exchange gifts , I don’t buy myself anything. Just the kids and niece and nephews. However, I fully believe us parents deserve gifts too! If you can afford, definitely buy yourself something. I would probably get clothes , shoes or a spa day for myself. I did just win a small contest I entered for myself and I get to do boudoir pics. I’m excited. So that’s my present to myself I guess. Something to make me feel good about myself and body.

3 Likes

I bought myself a pair of Onclouds yesterday. I love them. Merry Christmas to me.

I don’t buy for myself on Xmas it’s all for the kids. But I so treat myself every week with a new tattoo or nails :nail_care: otherwise most of the time my money is all on bills groceries and the kids needs. So that is my weekly Xmas treat haha cuz #treatyoself

Nintendo switches are pretty nice, I don’t use it much but my son loves it.

I have never given myself anything . But you enjoy ! I’ll give you a secret :shushing_face:: when you have your health and your family , you have everything you need ! Merry Christmas :gift:

26 Likes

Clothes and workout equipment. I spoil myself all the time so

Get it! You deserve it! It’s a good system!

Get yourself the thing you want! Absolutely! Cos clearly not many of us mummas have anyone thinking about us :disappointed: I very verrrrrryyyyyy rarely get gifted things at all, so I made do with buying myself things and wrapping them up. This year I want to get a couple of Pandora rings if I can afford to. I’ve got 4 daughters I need to buy for, so funds for myself are incredibly tight

1 Like

I got myself a new bra and a pair of new work shoes

I bought myself a switch after my daughter kept complaining I was using hers while she was in bed :rofl: honestly I love it, was deffo worth the money for me. I actually prefer using my switch now than my Xbox.

1 Like

Get a switch!! I’m sure you’ll love it even if you don’t use it constantly. Lots of 2 player games you can play with your daughter also!! :heart:

1 Like

Lol same I want a switch too! I know that feeling of guilt of spending money in ourselves is big. That’s the only reason why I haven’t bought myself one because the moment I start to feel guilty about wanting to spend money on me I think about other ways I can use the money instead on my kids like buying them sweaters, Shoes, etc.

Get yourself that switch girl :sparkling_heart:

Dyson Air Wrap. Best expensive thing I ever bought myself.

Nothing but after Christmas I’m getting some geese

I have never bought myself a Christmas gift. If I want something I buy it. At Christmas time I get joy from doing for others.

3 Likes

Honestly if you want the switch, get the switch! It can be so much fun and sometimes you need that down time. You can also get games to play with your kid, so then it’s good family time. Don’t listen to people telling you not to buy yourself something… everyone deserves a gift on Christmas, even parents. Get the switch. :woman_shrugging:t2:

I didn’t know that was a thing :thinking: lol I’m a single mom of 3 with 0 help from the dads so I don’t get presents, just my kids!

Get a Nintendo switch lite. It’s the same exact thing but cheaper than a regular switch. So you won’t feel guilty (eventho you shouldn’t when you spoil yourself) that you’ll just game sometimes on it

Books, new linen clothes, and possibly a tattoo. I’ve already gotten the linen and the books lol

I won’t be buying it myself but my husband asked me what I wanted. For me I asked for another loungefly bag

I’ve never bought myself anything. I shop all year lol. Last year I asked for an ice maker and a knife set from my husband and kids.

I’ve always felt happiest when I’m able to help others.
Maybe contribute to a toy drive, food bank, or school program? Do it anonymously for an extra good feeling. :+1:

Have never purchased more than a pair of Xmas pajamas for myself.

I gave myself an early present by buying my house

2 Likes

What do you mean “what do you buy yourself?”

Nothing. Haha. If you want to treat yourself don’t use Christmas as an excuse. If you have the funds and you want it. Get it.

But I don’t buy myself a Christmas present haha

9 Likes

Get the game system…life is short and she can play it too.

1 Like

I want a tattoo sooooo :woman_shrugging: I’ll get it at tax time though as a B day gift/ Christmas. That’s what I told hubby

I don’t get myself anything but all year long if l want/ need something l buy it.

I want the switch as well but my husband already went Christmas shopping for me. But after Christmas I’m buying myself a new kitchen aid and a nice shelf for my books and my craft corner

I just bought some Booze headphones from Sam’s on sale. That’s a present to me from me. :smile: I also bought a new purse & wallet from the Coach outlet. :smiley:

I got myself house shoes as an early present, and I also got myself a sandwhich maker…like a panini grill thing.

Get the switch. Even for someone who doesn’t game a lot it’s fun. And you can play old school games on it too

Breeze XL Litter boxes lol.

I want a Coach purse and Ariat boots. :rofl::woman_shrugging:
You’re ALLOWED to want things! & don’t let anyone make you feel any way for it!

3 Likes

I can barely afford my kids Christmas. I don’t ever get myself anything. But if I could afford it. I’d get gift cards to my favorite places, or memberships to aquarium or zoos

give yourself a day to nap and enjoy a pampering at a spa

Lol :joy: I haven’t received a gift for any holiday in like 8 years lol :joy:
I did ask for a new crockpot to make dinner easier on myself after surgery

2 Likes

I bought a bracelet last week for someone as a present, I loved it! It’s on my wrist :see_no_evil: a present from me to me :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

I’ve literally never given myself anything for Christmas I thought it was all about giving to other people…

I get my self pjs bootie socks an books

I never buy myself anything for Christmas but I soooo want a irobot it’s a big house soo ya…

I’m getting myself Modern Warfare 3. I never buy anything for myself but it’s something I really really want.

Get a switch they’re good af

Don’t wait til Xmas either wtf just get a new game on the day and have some cheap fizz or chocolate

Fill up your own stocking with little goodies, ur daughter will see Santa is real

Buy the the Switch! I have the Lite and best investment ever. Never feel guilty for treating yourself!!!

I don’t bother buying myself anything. It feels like a waste of money. If anyone sees it they assume it’s a gift and then you awkwardly have to explain that no you just bought it yourself. So I don’t even bother. I haven’t gotten a Christmas present since my mom died 17 years ago.

1 Like

A sex blanket. :wink: BUT I’m gifting it to my partner because he’s the reason we need one. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I buy stocking stuffers for all three of us but after buying everything for my son and boyfriend I’m not buying my own presents

Um…ok im.having a big problem with this question …in my opinions it’s a selfish question…in my family & ppl I knew it’s about family…specially ur kid’s who should come 1st whether they have alot or not u buys ur needs thru out the yr like clothes shoes basic everyday needs etc don’t buy myself ne thing 4 Christmas because it’s not necessary

This is so confusing. Buy yourself a gift?

1 Like

I really want a meta quest but I’ll wait for my bday in January to buy that for myself. I’ll just buy myself scratch offs lol I always have good luck even if it’s 5-10$ win lol

I’m not allowed to buy myself gifts. It would always be puppies and kittens. Chickens and goats. :woman_shrugging:

10 Likes

A spa day? I don’t know :woman_shrugging: how are we supposed to know what you like?

Sounds like some people need to live a little in these comments. Life is short buy the switch

I buy myself something too!! :woman_shrugging:t3::woman_shrugging:t3:
People will complain.

Tell them you bought it for the kids, they’ll still complain.

I save up all year for one big thing, and if I can afford it at Christmas, then I buy it. If not, then it wasn’t meant to be.

I’m blessed enough to have a best friend. I can buy it and give it to her to gift to me.

Go girl!!! Buy yourself whatever you want, jewelry is nice too! For years I sat there and watched my husband and kids open their gifts and none for me so I finally started just buying some gifts for myself.

Get it, then play Zelda for 87 hours straight lol :joy: worth it

I got my mum to get me a double dustbin x this year i got myself some disney socks x