What are your throughts on a female proposing?

I told my husband, let’s get married. We’ve been together for 14 years and married for 12.

1 Like

Absolutely! These aren’t the old days anymore!! Good luck.

1 Like

I didn’t “propose” but one day I decided to just let him know we are getting married in 30ish days and that he can wear jeans. He said yes so I guess it is a type of proposal :woman_shrugging:t3:

12 Likes

I think its emasculating and I wouldn’t do it.

13 Likes

You do you girl. Go for it :clap::clap:

1 Like

I proposed to my husband. I got a room with a jacuzzi, rose petals on the bed, candles everywhere, ballons, and a ring in the middle of a heart made of roses in the middle of the bed. He was thrilled! We’ve been together 9 years now. :heart:

WOMEN CAN DO ANYTHING!!
Women have been proposing for years. Imagine telling a couple of lesbians that it’s not a womans place to propose…preposterous!!

1 Like

You do you. I wouldn’t but I got mad respect for a girl that has the guts to.

1 Like

My mom proposed to my dad :heart:
Been together over 40yrs now

Maybe he’s just not sure HOW or WHEN to ask…maybe he wants it to be just perfect… so maybe he would love you to ask him!!! GO FOR IT!:ring::bride_with_veil::man_in_tuxedo:

2 Likes

I say go for it. After all I find women to be more romantic these days. You should go way out and do it in a way u would want a man to propose to u. Hope u do this and give us a follow up of what u did and how he reacted and let us know all the details. To be continued…

Why not? Its the 21st century.

BUT has he indicated that hed like to do that? Has he said he wants to be the one to ask?

2 years isnt that long to know someone. And men historically take longer to commit AND often feel like they need to be at a certain point professionally or financially before theyre ready to commit.

If it still feels like you are in that “growth” point in your relationship, then maybe just give it time. But really you should ask him how hed feel if you proposed.

You could just ask a broad question like “what do you think about women proposing to men?” His response should give you some more direction.

5 Likes

Dude honestly I explained to my husband (before we were married) that I didn’t care how he asked I just wanted to be his wife. Less than 6 months later he put a ring on the counter at work :heart_eyes:

I did it!!! Well my daughter and I did. We went to the pumpkin patch … my daughter asked his if she wanted to be her sister. And I asked him if he would marry me. Do it girl! Make it special for just yall two

Unpopular opinion.

Men ALSO daydream about the moment they propose to their woman. I wouldn’t want to take something away from him that he envisioned doing himself one day. I’d be devastated if someone took that away from me, if I was a man.

10 Likes

I don’t see why not, i say go for it my man would love if i did that lol. Keep us updated :heart:

How are you meant to get what you need in life if you’re always waiting on others???..life is short…if you get a chance a happiness…take it!!!..I proposed and have loved every single second with my :purple_heart:…follow your heart…:blush::blush::blush:

2 Likes

I say yes females can propose, me and my husband got married in june and i arranged everything as i got the officiant and we went together to get the license and we only talked about it a few times and like i told him we arent going anywhere as far as seperating so he was perfectly fine with it. He loved it because with him being military it took the stress off of him

You can. But he might be planning a perfect proposal and waiting for the right time/setup. Just another thing to think about. But whatever works for you two as a couple, go for it.

1 Like

Personally I would rather the man propose because then at least you know he really wants to marry you. Everyone is different though haha.

3 Likes

My dad didn’t propose to my mom. They just started planning a wedding to fit in to their life plans. They have been together since 1972 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I proposed to my ex husband :woman_shrugging:t2:

Nothing wrong with it at all. If he truly loves he will b in to it

Be you, do what feels right. Don’t worry what anyone else thinks. It’s not their life :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Btw I asked my bf how he would feel about it and apparently he’s old fashioned :woman_shrugging:

My husband and I had only been together for 3 months when I said “we’re getting married on April 23rd” he just looked at me and said ok. Now we’re getting close to our 4th year anniversary and still head over hills for each other. I knew from the beginning I wanted to marry him because I’d never been treated as good as he treated me. I told him the night before we got married that he’d never even ask me to marry him I just told him we were getting married lol he said ok…well will you marry me tomorrow? And here we are. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Yes! Do it! I did it to my husband and I asked groups and got horrible responses and I almost didn’t and I’m glad I did. I love that I did. It was at the beach. We took our daughter and our dogs i wrote in the sand will you marry me. Afterwards we went and got old time family’s photos as a memory :heart::heart::heart: My husband didn’t mind it but he was already making plans to propose and had asked my parents and everything so he was all you couldn’t have just been patient could ya jokingly.

My grandpa was in the Army and was also dating my grandma. He sent a letter home to his mom and had her buy the ring and give it to my grandma. They got married when he came home. They were married for 60 years when he passed away. A friend of mine proposed to her now husband and it was great. They are still happily married, it’s been about 10 years now.

Justin Mocci the girls need your advise lol

My aunt bought my uncle a ring and even got down on one knee lol. It worked for them but to be honest I think he would have proposed if she hadn’t. She was initially against marriage.

Some men may prefer they have the opportunity to propose themselves. I know it was very important to my husband

There is no law! Be unique! Just put that ring on his finger when he is asleep… if he still has it on that following day… take it as a yes! :rofl: & set a date!

4 Likes

Told my husband we are engaged now bc my exs wouldn’t leave me or him alone. In three months we were married by his choice

I didn’t propose but I started the conversation and we decided together we wanted to get married.

I proposed to mine. This year was our 20th anniversary. Looking forward to a thousand more.

1 Like

Leap year its a thing

I did once. He said yes until his adult children found out. It wasn’t a pretty breakup.
But, that is just my experience. I say go for it! :heart:

I proposed to my husband. We were married for 9 1/2 years it would have been our 10th anniversary in July. Together for 14 years. Sadly he passed away 10/5/20. Don’t wait! Propose! Take lots of pictures together and support each other!

2 Likes

Know your audience, is my advice. Only you can know if your man would be accepting of this.

8 Likes

I have a friend that proposed to her man. I say go for it, it’s 2020 anything goes lol.

I proposed to my fiance, he said yes, but that he wanted to get me a ring and propose too. I say do it

We had previously discussed, and agreed, that we wanted to get married. I went and bought a ring for myself that we could afford and that was that!

If you want to propose then propose. There is no “set rules” on a proposal

2 Likes

But serious question…
Why do women assume they NEED to be engaged after 2 years

3 Likes

Propose away, it we’ll be a story for your grandkids

I mean you can do whatever you want. Depends on your dynamic. Personally I’m not the type to make first moves and I would never propose to a man because I’d just prefer my man propose to me but I know plenty of women who have and their man said yes

1 Like

Maybe way back when the woman proposing would have been an issue, but times have changed. My husband and I bought a house, then had a baby, then got married. Normal never worked for us.

If both of you know that you are each at the end of the other’s journey, then it shouldn’t matter what roads you take to get there.

I proposed to my husband lol I told him I was going to propose before him and he laughed, said ok. So I did. He proposed to me later and we set a date then. We both wanted the experience of proposing and seeing how each other would pull it off. Both times were awesome

If your happy then do it … X

Im old fashioned i guess but i would not… let him ask you!!

What you gonna do if he says no?

I proposed to my guy this year on leap year, we had just had a baby. I brought him a ring, cooked a lovely dinner and got down on one knee, wrote him a card out and he said yes x

I say stay single and bring the kids up the same way or within three to five years you’ll wish you had listened to me :joy: stay safe and healthy and happy holidays

I proposed to my now husband.