What baby monitors are actually safe?

Dumb question but is there any baby monitors that are actually safe?:persevere: Currently working on my baby registry but I’ve read so many horror stories with both wifi/non wifi monitors

4 Likes

With our eldest one of us would leave our phone upstairs and we would FaceTime the other phone so we could see and hear her then we just got a sound monitor

Never used wifi ones, I just use the sound ones. Plug one in the bedroom and plug one in wherever I am in the house

You can always just use an old phone as a monitor if you’re nervous. There’s apps you can use to turn an old phone into a camera, and control it from your phone. You can set a pass code and only approved devices can access the camera, plus you have to log in to an account as another layer of security.

All of them ? We have WiFi ones and never had a problem

I’ve only heard bad things/horror stories when something has wifi capabilities. I’ve never heard anything crazy with with regular monitors. I personally like the ones you can rotate position on the camera from the monitor.

I don’t know why they wouldn’t be safe… for someone to get into your camera, they’d need your wifi. So lock up your wifi.

I have a pretty basic vtech set that works great for us. My son is 3. I did buy another super cheap set whne one of my chords stopped working of the same brand… I didn’t like the cheaper set so I just used those chords for my original monitors and it works like brand new. And the only reason it had a problem was bc it was in a common area for a while so my son always played with the chords.