What birth control do you recommend?

I was on the depot shot worked like a charm one shot in the thigh once every three months .:+1: and before that did nuvaring

I had my tubes tied. I have no regrets.

2 Likes

Depo shot all the way! No periods no cramps no pimples best decision I ever made!

Nexplanon. The only problem Iā€™ve had is irregular periods. Iā€™ll go months without one and them boom Iā€™ll bleed for 3 weeks.

The nexplanon was my favorite. I tried everything.

Abstinenceā€¦get you a good vibrator

6 Likes

Iā€™ve been on birth control since I was 12 and Iā€™m having a lot of hormonal issues now and Iā€™m to keep taking theseā€¦ idk about short term use. But I wish I had just used condems

Vasectomy. Itā€™s an office procedure and a weekend off. If thatā€™s not an option then Either nexplanon or depo if youā€™re planning to conceive again. My tubal, however, has been a godsend! No hormones

1 Like

I like the depo shot. I only have one short/light period and itā€™s right before I need to get my next shot. I used to have very heavy, week long periods with horrible cramps and pms. I started taking it 8 weeks after I had my daughter who is 14 months old and I love it.

Iā€™m on nexplanon and love it so far. Iā€™ve also heard the depo shot and the patch are amazing.

Good luck lol I got pregnant on the pill and an iud

I love the nexplanon. I had my first one put in when I was 16. I kept it in a year longer than recommended due to insurance issues. I had it removed when I was 20. After removal I ended up getting pregnant right away. I had my little girl and as soon as she was out I had them put another one in. The first few weeks of having the nexplanon both times I experienced spotting on and off but after that its fantastic. I rarely ever get my period. The first time I had it in I went probably almost a year without one. My only issue was towards the end of having the first one I was getting periods very frequently because the hormones were running out. Itā€™s nice not having to worry about taking a pill. Iā€™m really bad at remembering to take them so this is definitely a life saver for me.

iā€™m on the shot an itā€™s been good so far but i always use protection with my husband bc iā€™m not tryna have another child jus yet

Nexplanon causes extreme rage and extreme depression!!!
Not worth it

U will need antidepressants just to surviveā€‹:expressionless::hushed::pensive::sweat::rage::scream:

And weight gainšŸ˜

I had it taken out after 6 weeks

U can get pregnant on pill and nexplanon when ur on antibiotics and antidepressants while on them

Just do pill and condom
Watch it ovulation days

Apparently if its ment to be it will just happen anyway
I dont recommend hysterectomy becuz u can get menopause early
Or tubes tied gives horrible pain and periods

Natural Birth Controlā€¦ do not have sex for ten days, 14 days before your first day of menstruation. It works for me.

I have the paragard but if your body didnā€™t take an iud thatā€™s not a good option I had good luck with the shot before this

With every birth control there is a chance of pregnancy. The only one thatā€™s 100% guaranteed no babies (besides a total hysterectomy) is abstinence. So if youā€™re looking for one of us to provide with a fool proof idea, youā€™re gonna be disappointed. Every body is different. I have a Mirena IUD and I love it. No periods, no crazy weight gain, no serious side effects. On the other hand, when I worked in OBGYN, I had patients who hated the IUD because they were always in pain or bleeding constantly. Depo has a higher rate of weight gain in patients than most other birth control, nexplanon can cause erratic, heavy bleeding, some pills can make you severely depressed, etcā€¦

Definitely talk with your doctor about options best for you and if youā€™re done having kids, look into sterilization for you or your partner.

DO NOT GET NEXPLANON.
Itā€™s being sued for causing brain tumors. Plus isnā€™t legal on other countries cuz the extreme mental health aide effects which so not combine will with PPD and ppa

I get pregnant with every form of birth control including the IUD. I need to get fixed permanently.

I take the Elinest pill and havenā€™t had any problems. My periods were VERY irregular before I got on it

Are you planning on having more children? If you have that much anxiety, I would absolutely look into permanent birth control. I had my tubal in 2010, and it was life changing. True freedom.

I had nexplanon for 5yrs. It was extremely effective.

1 Like

Make him use condoms. That is the easiest, least invasive option and it doesnā€™t have side effects. Or, make him get a vasectomy.

Iā€™m getting ā€œfixedā€ when Iā€™m done. My body doesnā€™t do bc or hormones well.

I have the nexplanon and love it

Paragard. No hormones. Lasts 10 years. :blush:

Iud. You need to wait 12 weeks postpartum for the endometrium to build up before you get it

I had the Nexplanon and I loved it, but had to remove it due to unexpected numbing and pain. Right now Iā€™m on the pill and works for me.

Me personally I tracked my cycle and pull out method not to be Tmi. Its not for everyone but It worked for me for 7 years until I planned to have my second baby. At the ob/gyno they should have a booklets on bc that are pretty good to look at. Good luck :blush:

1 Like

I was on nexplanon didnt like it was on pill gotten pregnant. Only thing that works for me is tubes cut and tied :joy:

Pills didnt do well with my mood. Depo I was bleeding non stop. I had the nexplanon but that killed my sex drive and massively affected my mood and emotions. The only upside to the nexplanon is I had no period. Iā€™m not currently on anything. I track my cycles and ovulation. Been 2 months and no pregnancy

Nexplanon is okay for some, however many obs are moving away from it as so many women are having severe complications. I recommend really doing your research if this is what you decide. I am not saying dont get it, because as you see here there is some success stories, however there is alot of horrier stories including mine that i didnt know before i got it. I had heard of several success stories and how it helped other women, i did some research and my ob was pushing me towards it. I got it and regret it so much! It was one complication after another. I finally sqitched obs again and got it taken out and on KAR it was the best for me. It helped my migraines, hot flashes, cyst, and much more that the nexplanon had caused. Like i said im not saying dont get it, but just be very cautious

Paragard IUD, no hormones and lasts up to 10 years.

Condoms. Seriously. Iā€™ll never use hormonal bc or put something in my body again. Itā€™s condoms til I hit menopause or my husband gets fixed! Lol.

2 Likes

I had Nexplanon and loved it.