What can cause irregular periods?

I’m 4 days late on my period but I took a test yesterday at the clinic it was negative my periods are irregular most months I got my period in January on the 25th and I haven’t gotten yet so I’ve been stressing! I also took a test this morning and it was negative as well .

7 Likes

Stress hormone changes thyroid pcos multiple other things. A visit to your doctor is the only way really to know if it’s medical or just stress.

You should have your vitamin D level checked.
Vitamin D deficiency can cause tons of health issues, including menstrual cycle disruptions.

Are you trying to get pregnant, stress can cause you to be irregular…

Mine used to be this way after my first. I lost my second and went on a different birth control and now they are regular and every other month lasting 3-4 days.

I have endometriosis and mine does this

Sounds pretty normal to me.

That’s my normal after the second c-section.

Mine is exactly like this. Doc said it is my normal. It also started to do this after having my 2nd c-section.

1 Like

Mine were like that now I get 2 a month

That’s pretty normal, actually. Its just the residual blood finally working it’s way out (thus the brown). That’s how my periods were before having kids.

1 Like

What started mine was my thyroid was a little off.

Do you take your birth control at the same time everyday, never miss a dose?

Depending on the birth control; it could be the birth control itself. The mini pill messed with my periods all last year into this year; I was having 2 a month; several people stop getting them altogether. The shot is known for stopping periods as well, same as the implant. Stress could also be a factor.

I have been bleeding enough to fill a light day liner. For 3 weeks. Every morning then it stops.

But before then I either didn’t get a period or it was just spoting.

It’s our bodies trying to regulate. The doctor told me to wait and then it it doesn’t stop. Then to have it taken out.

So many things. Pregnancy(even on BC), stress, hormones, age, birth control.

1 Like

It would help to know the type of birth control you are using. Some do stop periods. Thyroid issues, diabetes, stress, hormonal imbalance there are many many things that cause irregular periods. If you are concerned seek advice from a medical professional.

Have your thyroid checked

1 Like

bc, stress, pregnancy your age maybe to could be anything

Hormone adjustment to birth control. Why not just pick up the phone and talk to the doctor that prescribed it…

1 Like

It could be lots of reasons. I’d take a pregnancy test or two and contact the doctor just to make sure you are ok.

Stress, hormone imbalance, pregnancy, weight. I have dealt with them all. I also have PCOS and endometriosis

What does the doctor say?

Literally Anything and Everything

1 Like

Fibroids made me get my period every other week

Age, stress, diet, birth control, exercise, change of lifestyle, medications, illness…literally anything could cause it.

Endometriosis,adenomyosis ovarian cysts ets. Its always good to follow up with your gyn!

1 Like

Best to touch base with a Dr. Stress can throw off your cycle. Changes in birth control.

Mine has switch days on me all through my life after being consistent for a long periodof time. I think it just happens in life. This might be your new cycle or just a fluke.

1 Like

My 2nd ever ovulation bleed was like a full period. I became pregnant during.
The other few ovulation bleeds were either like a light period or just a small amount on tissue. Had about 5 or 6 of these in about 18 years.

You age can do it too peri menopause

6 Likes

Endometrial or ovarian cancer

Pregnancy can cause this too, or PCOS.

Stress, diet. Maybe talk to ur doc of ur concerned?

May be a cyst or it has ruptured. I had fibroid cyst and I would bleed in between periods and it was super heavy. I had a total hysterectomy!

Stress throws my cycle out. Also if you are on other medications there are changes in those medicines it can affect your hormones.

Endometriosis out adenomyosis can cause that. It’s see a doctor.

I would talk to your doctor. That’s not normal.

Stress can cause missed periods, your hormones can be imbalanced from the birth control. I’d do a pregnancy test and send a message to my Dr about it if you have that option.

Take a pregnancy test. Then go to the doctor.

2 Likes

Even being very thin or exercising to the extreme can stop your period. No idea how old you are but early onset menopause can start in your 30s, though it’s rare.

Hormone imbalance , , pregnant

How long were you on BC?
So many factors can cause a miss/late period. It can be from stress, lack of sleep, hormone imbalance, pregnancy, extracurricular activities, etc. I say give your period about a week for it to start from its original due date, then call your doctor (and take a pregnancy test too to rule it out).

1 Like

Sometimes your periods are messed up for awhile after coming off of birth control

2 Likes

It’s not that irregular yet! Maybe a few days late at most? Your periods can have up to a 35 day cycle to be in normal range.

Definitely sounds like PCOS - I also have PCOS and have struggled with the for years. Definitely see a/your doctor and enquire about it.

I had a period the first month I was pregnant. Kept getting negatives. Maybe wait. Or you could always get a blood pregnancy test.

1 Like

Visit your GP and eliminate the pcos, and see if you are pregnant, if neither of these further checks will be needed. Your doctor will do all checks necessary

Go to Dr get a test thier

You seem stressed. Stop that. Lol. Relax. Breathe.
First, see your Dr. Find out if there’s a reason your periods changed. Let them do a blood test. Stress can cause changes to your period. Make sure you’re preparing your body to be pregnant. Eat healthy. Stay hydrated. Avoid a lot of junk and alcohol. Take prenatal vitamins. But still see your Dr. It could be nothing, it could be that you are pregnant.
Regardless of anything else, see your Dr. :sparkling_heart:

Hormones being out of wack

PCOS, or endometriosis, anxiety, depression there are several things that can cause a period to to be irregular or if late.

thank you Lord :pray: for leading me to Herbalist Omozojie who was able to restore me back to life by curing me from HIV virus :microbe: totally and permanently with his powerful herbal remedies.i will always appreciate you sir for restoring my health back to me.you can get in touch with him at any type of disease :fly: or virus :microbe: god bless you. Dr. Omozojie on hiv herpes hpv ALS cancer.and allot more. WhatsApp number.

+2349047601181 or you can contact him on his Facebook page
:point_down::point_down: