What can cause late periods 3 months after giving birth?

Have any of you experienced a late period after having a baby and already getting your period back for the first time? My son just turned 3 months and I had my period last month on the 18th through the 21st and per my tracking app I should have started it on the 17th? I’m freaking out to say the least and terrified to take a test!

Everyone is different so there really isn’t a “normal” for periods post partum.
With all 3 of my kids I never got my period until 12 months after, once I started weening from breastfeeding.

Birth control can screw with your period as well. Mine didn’t go back to “normal” until six months later

Periods can be quite irregular for a while after giving birth. With my last one, I had my first period 3 months post birth… then again not until 8 months post birth, so 5 months in between

I mean they can def be wonky the first few months after having a baby. My daughter is 18 months old, I still breastfeed and my periods are all over the place.

It takes your body up to 18 months to heal properly. This being said talk to your dr. Also breastfeeding in itself could make your hormones and periods weird.