What can cause stomach pains while pregnant?

I need some help, I’m having excruciating stomach pains. My OB keeps saying it’s my stomach muscles but it’s not. I’ve been to the ER on 5 different occasions and was sent home in the same amount of pain. I was told that I should haven been kept there for the safety of the baby by other mommas but the doctor still sent me home. The pain is to the point I’m in the fetal position and crying, I have an OB appointment this Monday. Any tips or ideas on what I could do. No Bashing.

6 Likes

Is it to one side? With my first my doc swore it was growing pains and I ended up in the hospital with a severe bladder infection.

Where is the pain and how many weeks are you?

Do you still have your appendix??

Sounds just like my muscle pains when pregnant.

2 Likes

Go to a different ER, and demand bloodwork and scans

2 Likes

Sounds a lot like my round ligament pain with my first pregnancy. The ligaments that hold your uterus upright start stretching and it was excruciatingly painful for me.

Go to a different ER, different doc. Or something. Do not let them brush you off.

2 Likes

That sounds like it could possibly be your gallbladder. Stay on it and keep going to the hospital to find out what is going on.

3 Likes

Have you been having problems having bowel movements? 2012 I had such severe pain in my stomach like I was about to have diarrhea, but couldn’t get anything to come out. My primary told my mom to take me to the ER because he thought it was my appendix. I had a severe form of colitis and had to stay in the hospital for 2 weeks on an antibiotic IV drip and pain meds before they got it under control enough for me to go home. Then it was another 2 months of oral antibiotics to finish the job.

tell them you are not leaving till they have a diagnoisis

2 Likes

Absalulety go some were else

1 Like

This happened to me too. I ended up having a csection and after the baby was out I had a cyst the size of a grapefruit on my ovary.

2 Likes

Yes gallbladder is excruciatingly painful… It’s on the upper right hand side of your stomach just under your ribs.

4 Likes

I would go to the ER constantly and they kept sending me home and said it wasn’t contractions. Shortly after I gave birth my husband had to call the ambulance i felt like I was giving birth again.I had my gallbladder removed and I was told i was very lucky it didn’t burst while I was pregnant I could have lost the baby.

I had bad round ligament pains and it sucked. That and chronic bladder infections.

Go to Urgent care, Monday too far away. Hope its just uti. Good luck!

Try getting on your hands and knees for a little while to relieve some pressure

Go to a different hospital and keep going until someone listens. Prayers!!!

Go to a different hospital

1 Like

Get a different doctor in on it.

1 Like

Have em check your gallbladder. Had same thing while pregnant. As soon as I delivered my doc went in and grabbed it. Dealt with it for years.

2 Likes