What can I do about my kids sleep schedule?

Please post anonymous thank you. My boys are 5 years old, and 4 years old. I’m having a problem with their sleep schedule. They go to bed roughly around 7:30-8:00 PM every night, their in school Monday-Friday but they wake up EVERYNIGHT looking for iPads, candy, and WILL NOT FALL BACK TO SLEEP UNTIL 6am. I’m at a complete loss, I took away the iPads locked them in a high up closet and threw away all candy. How can I get them to sleep?!? They’re doctor recommended melatonin but that doesn’t even work. I also have a 1 year old son who I completely understand wakes up and everything and that’s fine. But my two older ones are killing me :sob::disappointed: please any advice would help !!! Thank you mamas :heartpulse:

6 Likes

Warm bath, and some warm milk and a bit of bread and butter abt 10 min before they tuck into bed. Brush teeth just before bed.

Have them tested for ADHD. I’m not saying that’s what it is. But my 3 kids & I all have it. 2 of my kids & myself can not sleep. Melatonin doesn’t phase us in any positive way. It causes anger, rage.

2 Likes

Wear them out, lol, running, playing outside or indoor physical activity and no naps. Maybe delay bedtime 30 mins.

2 Likes

Keep them up till 8:30 or 9:00 and cut out all naps

Try tart cherry juice with dinner.

Spray lavender on the pillows.

Do they nap during the day after school? If so try to cut that out. Maybe try to extend bedtime to 8:30? Tire them out during the day. Warm bath before bed. Zarbees brand also has some sleep sprays/bath stuff to supposedly help with sleep.

2 Likes