What can I do for constipation while pregnant?

I’m 9 weeks Prego and sooo constipated. I am hungry but I’m not. Like I feel full and hungry at the same time. I feel full to my throat and I keep burping. So gross lol.I took a colace and tried coffee. Nothing is helping. Please give me ideas to help

18 Likes

The prenatals did that to me in both my pregnancies. I took clearlax daily to keep me going, with my second pregnancy my doctor made me start taking my prenatals every other day because the constipation was so bad. I drank so much water in hopes of it helping ans it did a little but i was constantly peeing like i spent most of my day in the bathroom

Stay plenty hydrated! That will definitely help. Along with coffee :wink::rofl:

Stay super hydrated and keep up the colace.

Get simething fir constipation from the pharmacy

Magnesium and Vitamin C supplements

1 Like

Try eating Raisins or cherry. Even juices. They really help with constipation

Miralax and laxatives. The chocolate laxatives seem to work best for me. They don’t make my stomach crap like the other laxatives do. I do a cap full of miralax.

I’m at 10 weeks & had been struggling with the saaaaame thing. I’ve been eating more salads & fruits which has helped me a tonnnn. I’m able to go daily now lol

My obgyn advised me to which to prenatal gummy and to always use miralax.

I had low iron so they had me on supplements and stool softener because of the iron supplement.

Milk of magnesia. Safe and works fast.

Hi, I have always had issues with constipation since young, tried everything you can think of I started. Eating chocolate raisins and now every single day I go, it’s a miracle for me, so try a packet of those as non invasive and hopefully give you some relief xx

2 Likes

Try some yogurt, also take a stool softener. Hope and praying you get some relief!!!

Prunes work pretty quickly

Try pear juice and plenty of water - hope you get some relief soon

1 Like

Café con Leche. STRONGEST coffee out there. Works every time

2 Likes

A cup of warm water with lemon

Miralax is very helpful. That was me while pregnant. I finally “went” in less than 12 hours after drinking it. Good luck mama.

4 Likes

Restorlax helps! You mix the powder with water.

Miralax is safe during pregnancy and works great

3 Likes

Oranges and orange juice are next natural laxative and you can drink prune juice

Eat prunes, drink apple juice and lots of water and take fiber

Everything that starts with a p. Pears, prunes, peaches all the fruits lol. They get ya going and are healthy for you as well. Just remember not to strain a lot while trying to go… good luck

1 Like

I ate oatmeal, bran muffins, dates, and kept prune juice on my night stand with my first. I also started taking stool softener around 36 weeks

It’s going to sound weird but go to KFC and get a 2 piece (bone in) chicken meal with mashed potatoes, coleslaw and a biscuit. Works every time for constipation lol

1 Like

Enema or prune juice or just prunes

1 Like

Cooked rhubarb OR cooked raspberries!!! They saved me both times! Just eat a bit though or you will seriously have diarrhea lol

Grapes blueberry, cranberry juice and warm baths., walking alot the baby is sitting and putting things backed up hang in there you’ll almost ther

I had the same problem it was awful! I used milk of magnesium and it worked enough so I could go also lots of water!

1 Like

This was me with my 3rd. I was in active labor as in didn’t even have time to register once I got to the hospital. I was ready to push lol

3 Likes

Miralax, it’s very safe and works. My ob suggested it for both my pregnancy and it worked

5 Likes

Pumpkin pie or sweet potatoes or steamed carrotts

Go get those prunes, they are called ones and come in a tube and are really good!

1 Like

I have the same problem a large tumbler of decaf coffee helps me

I was In labor within 24hs after feeling like this at 37weeks lol

1 Like

Enema… pop that little fella in and stay close to a toilet. I feel so bad for you, I endured the same thing near the end and waddled slowly into my chemist, sobbing and an enema was the only thing to fix it. Once you’re cleaned out, start on some high fibre supplements to keep yourself moving. Good luck! :+1:

3 Likes

Prunes, miralax, anything with fiber.

1 Like

Get another doctor or the emergency room to check you out to be sure you don’t have a blockage or twisted intestines/colon or have started labor.

Then try Miralax, an enema, prunes or prune juice as has been suggested. Drink lots of water.

From now on eat lots of fruits (except bananas), colorful vegetables (avoid white starches like white potatoes, rice & pasta), and whole grains like brown rice, oatmeal, bran in cereal and maybe muffins if you don’t have to worry about sugar. Popcorn also helps. Carbonated water & popcorn usually makes me run to the bathroom once digested.

Hope it’s nothing serious and you’re better quickly. And congratulations on being a new mom soon!

Try some light yoga. Whatever your body allows.
Drink lots of water and eat extra veggies and fruits (no bananas)

Have you tried eating walnuts or almonds they make me go number 2 because of high fiber

1 Like

Chocolate milk usually helps me for some odd reason :smirk:

Sucks but down some warm
prune juice

Go to your local gas station and buy a chocolate drink called Yoo-Hoo. It has a yellow label. Let it get to room temp, shake it, and then chug it. It works for me everytime

I had to do an enema… It worked!

2 Likes

Apricots , prunes washed down with OJ

Enema will probably be your best bet

4 Likes

Fleets enema. If you are that backed up this is going to be the best thing for you and exactly what they will do at the hospital.

6 Likes

I ate weetbix with raisins in and drank lots of water and ate lots of fruit to assist…I also drank a cup of warm water on an empty stomach

I’ve never known Dulcolax as Suppositories… ONLY given it as the little orange pills. Are you certain it’s a suppository? Still if it’s that bad, go to ER better safe than sorry. Hope you get some relief soon.

Sounds like labor to me at 37 weeks…

4 Likes

Coffee always works for me. Even when I was pregnant. I hate coffee but drink it when I am constipated.

3 Likes

Hot Prune juice before bed usually works and you should be able to go in the morning. Eat plenty Fiber rich cereals like sheddies or mini wheats, drink lots of water and eat more fresh fruit & tons of veggies. Avoid bread & cheese. It’s definitely better to eliminate everything before delivering. Post partum pain can further complicate constipation.

High iron foods so many current constipation chewable are not good for you but almost everything is that way honestly what will help is the Lipton sweet lemon Tea helps for some reason I deal with this on medicines and it’s scary and makes us feel like crap

I have to use glycerin suppositories because of IBS and if I drink a diet drink with aspertame it works as well

Ask your doctor if you can use fleets enema

Prune juice, watermelon, lots of water

Ummm that was every sign I was in full blown labor. I bet she has had that baby buy now.

16 Likes

Sounds like labor you’ll go after the baby comes…

3 Likes

Triple H enema: High, Hot and He(double hockey stick) of a lot. It’s an old nursing trick.

1 Like

Ok, I know this will sound uncomfortable but go to the store, any store and but the infant/toddler laxatives. Itll have a penguin on the box. The actual meds look like a bubble bottom with an orange lid. That lib has the cream to lube it up as you pull it of so give it a couple twists to spread the lube. Stuff it up, push ALL of it into yourself(anally of course) and then lay on your left side with your left knee closer to your belly(since you’re pregnant and can’t actually lay how it’ll help fastest)

Castor oil I’m your belly button, rub it in. You can rub all over stomach with or without a heating pad. It stains clothes, wear ones you don’t care about

1 Like

This was 9 hrs ago I hope she’s ok.

Go to a Dr…don’t ask unqualifieds on social media.

It’s the baby on your intestines. Drink lots and lots of water and lay on your chest and knees with your booty in the air. This will pull the baby forward and up and off of your intestines. Sleep like this if you can.

Eat a handful of sugar free gummi bears. I know it sounds crazy but trust me.

2 Likes

Sugar free candy. Any will Do. That’ll do the trick

1 Like

Honey it sounds like you’re in labour. I was like that the few days before my water broke

3 Likes

Drink sauerkraut juice. My husband’s family swears by it

Eat some dates and do a glycerol suppository hun.
Or do a Microlax enema …they work wonders you poor love :heart::heart:

My sister used to drink magnesium citrate, it was the only thing that would make her poop when she was pregnant.

Prune juice or apple or grape juice. Cherry juice works well. Spinach and salad Oatmeal. I would not do too many suppositories or enema because they may start labor. It’s a bit early for your baby to be delivered. Check with your OB if these items don’t work for you

U go see a doc. Ur probably in labor .

Yup sounds like your in labour. Hope all goes well. After bubs is born keep taking what your Dr prescribed as I was in alot of pain 6 days post labour due to no poop

I curious as to what happened since it’s the 26th and this was just posted 22 minutes ago

1 Like

Go hospital. Be safe sooner than later.

Prune juice? Or try an enema. I was SEVERELY constipated from taking Zofran every day so I ended up having to go to the ER where they gave me an enema. Instant relief. Constipation sucks.

2 Likes

Sounds crazy, but…lay on ur back, pull legs to chest with legs around the belly and rock back and forth several times like a ball

1 Like

Are you sure you’re not giving birth?

Ask your Doctor if you can star Actilax now prior to birth. Keep up fluids, walk alot if you can.

Mirilax, maybe a saline enema

go to ER. don’t fool around. go

Milk of magnesia, docusate, or maybe you’re about to have that baby!

Use double the recommended dose on the meds. I had this problem and it helped break it down. Don’t be surprised if it resembles a golf ball or bigger and you might need to help it depart digitally…

1 Like

Milk of Magnesia. I used this with my 3 pregnancies and it WORKS girl :joy:

Go to the hospital just to be sure all is ok!

1 Like

Russell Stowers sugar free candy

Get some magnesium citrate a powder One small teaspoon And some warm water drink it down quickly guarantee you tomorrow morning you should be good

Nurse told my Mom in nursing home to take milk of Magnesia and warm prune juice. She swore it worked every time

1 Like

Potato ole’s with cheese from taco johns always helped my niece

Take stool softners. Each time I went in to have my 3 kids, they ended up giving me stool softners anyway to try and clean my system out before I was given the epidural. And they’ll give them to you after wards also because you’ll have to poop before you can leave.

For this recommending miralax and op if you try it, you hand to be sure to drink plenty plenty plenty water while using it otherwise it won’t work.

Have you tried good ol caffeine?

Kiwi fruit is good, Also dark chocolate

Smooth Move herbal tea. Sold at walmart and some grocery stores. Works well if not the first day the second for sure. Speak to Dr. and find out what foods are high in fiber, drink tons of water, and exercise. Good Lock and Congratulations.

Sounds like pressure from being in labor! I had the same experience and delivered at 37 weeks :face_holding_back_tears:

Prune juice worked for me

Papayas are good to make you go

Add magnesium daily before bedtime
Check with your md - (they always have coverage )to see what the cause may be

Magnesium does work

Have ou tried raisin currents figs orange juice, prune juice? X

Drive thru TACO Bell you will poop in thirty minutes or less