What can I do for eye strain?

I work from home and am constantly staring at a computer screen. At the end of work, my eyes are killing me and are so strained. Is there anything I can do to make them feel better or prevent this from happening?

3 Likes

Every 20 minutes, take a 20 second break and look at least 20 feet away. Keep your distance: Make sure your computer screen is positioned at least an arm’s length away from your face.

1 Like

I get migraines when I’m staring at a screen for hours on end and have to wear these. They really help me.

1 Like

I’ve heard blue light glasses are amazing for this

10 Likes

Blue light glasses. I bought a 3 pack for cheap off Amazon at the onset of the pandemic and it has saved my eyes. No more headaches or eye strain.

1 Like

I had the same thing! I was miserable by the end of the day!! My sister told me to use blue light glasses and I haven’t had an issue since! I got mine off Amazon! They aren’t expensive either!!

I believe they also make screens for your screen, to help dim the lighting of it.

I broke down and got
Blue light glasses and they are fantastic! I even wear them while driving with snow, it helps cut the brightness down

Blue light glasses. Kids who play video games all day should wear them as well.

I order some of the blue light glasses. They do work and I’m happy with them, I work 5+ hours a day on the computers.

I was gonna say breaks and the blue light glasses but get a good pair

1 Like

You have to step away every 30 mins …from the screen

1 Like

I broke down and went to the eye doctor and got blue light stuff in my glasses and I haven’t had issues since.

Go to an Optometrist. You need glasses.

I have blue light reading glasses at the office & at home. Slightly stronger pair at home since my laptop is smaller

Best to get your eyes tested to make sure there’s nothing wrong

I turn the bluelight off on all of my devices, otherwise migraines, constant!

Blue light lenses are great for that. Also take a break from your screen for a few minutes after 30 min screen time atleast. Eye refreshing drops every few hours helps as well…

I am an OSH rep for my work. This is a good read for everyone to have a peek at to help relieve strain.

Blue light glasses have helped me a ton!

You can get prescription glasses with blue light in them to!

My laptop, desk top, cell phone, amd tablet all have the “nightlight” or blue light setting or filter… I turned them all on and haven’t had any issues…

Take regular breaks every half an hour get your eyes checked and get glasses purely for anything with a screen

Best thing you can do is definitely book an eye exam not just to see whether you require prescription glasses or not but also a routine check up to make sure your eyes are healthy!

Remember to take breaks from the screen, blink often (sometimes when we are focused we forget to blink), lubricating eye drops (i can’t stress the importance especially during winter months), and i know many suggested glasses with blue blockers in it (which many do believe that it helps, but if one already wears glasses - anti reflection coating already helps)