What can I do for my best friend who had a miscarriage?

I am 6 months pregnant, my best friend found out yesterday at her first ultrasound her baby had no heartbeat. She got some more clarity today on having partial molar pregnancy and now is having to do a D and C. This is her second miscarriage, I wasn’t aware of the first but I really want to make sure she knows I’m here for her without possibly causing more hurt as I’m pregnant with my 3rd child. No gift will replace the grief she is experiencing but what can I get for her as she comes up to her procedure day and for recovery afterwards that may help show I’m here? Help comfort through this experience.

33 Likes

You’re an amazing friend. I was pregnant with my best friend and suffered my 3rd miscarriage … it was the hardest one for me because I had to watch her and her new friend who was also pregnant… which just really shattered me inside. I tried not to show it tho because I still wanted her to enjoy her pregnancy. I wish she had been more like you so kudos for being that kind of friend.

6 Likes

Having been that friend, just be there for her. Trinkets and food are nice, but I really just needed someone to sit with me in my grief so I wasn’t alone. Being alone after is what was the worst for me.

12 Likes

Amazon has some amazing little memorial gifts that aren’t too expensive. I’d also offer to make her a meal and bring over if she’s willing, if she wants space that’s understandable as well. Just be there for her but also remember you being pregnant may trigger her for a little

2 Likes

when I went through mine it hurt not having my friends there for me. They ended up telling it was because they didn’t know what to say. Support is the most needed thing for her. It’s hard you feel empty and alone.

4 Likes

Be there, let her talk, let her cry, let her have her feelings of loss. Then she will move on slowly but will move on. Don’t say you know how she feels cause you don’t.

Coming from a momma that’s been in both positions, helping out. Housework, meals, shoulder to cry on, ear to listen.

4 Likes

Maybe cook some meals for her? She’s probably exhausted and doesn’t feel like cooking/may not have the money to eat out. :heart_decoration: It’s always harder to figure out what to eat when experiencing loss.

2 Likes

Maybe a thinking of you card and a pretty bouquet. Just acknowledging this time helps a lot. Also the memorial gift idea is a nice touch but feel her out on that 1st.

Being a friend , meals , etc. She will be reminded weekly for months as she will need blood draws to make sure her HCG goes down from molar :/.

Sit with her in the discomfort. That’s the hardest part. Don’t cover it with shiny things, get deep in the ugly with her.

How about a gift basket of spa items? Massage oils, scented bath oils, hand/body cream. Even a voucher for a day spa could be very nice

2 Likes

A sleepover!!! Movies, crying and laughter is what she needs.

3 Likes

Maybe a memorial tree or plant that can be planted outside in her yard.

1 Like

Maybe a little self care basket. Candle, snacks, gift card for food when she doesn’t want to cook? I have had two miscarriages and no support through either. So even just a listening ear means a lot.

3 Likes

I just had a miscarriage a week ago…I have no one but my husband and family to comfort me. Just be there for her…she’s lucky to have someone like you in her life.

Support her !!! Give her the god mom title … like embrace her . I lost twins at 6 months pregnant and had another miscarriage after that . It’s hard to heal from that’s for sure

1 Like

Be there for her. Through the tears and the grief. Speak her babies name

My sister in law made a “after care” basket when I had mine done. It had candles, Epsom salts, pads, face masks, my favorite snacks things of that sorts. It made me cry but I needed that kind of thoughtfulness during that time.

When I had my miscarriage the only thing that I wanted was to have friends there for me :disappointed: I did it completely alone though. Also bring her some of her favourite foods.

Show up- bring her dinner bring her coffee be there even when she tells you she’s fine and doesn’t need you. She will push away- show up anyway.

Acknowledge her loss with a sympathy card and some flowers. Offer to make hr a meal and spend time with her allowing her to grieve with you❤️

just be there to comfort her and let her know that youll alaways have her back no matter what

Maybe do a meal for her when she comes home so she doesn’t have to worry about that.

Some relaxing items would be sweet

Being there before, I absolutely despised being around or seeing any pregnant women.
Give her grace, be there when she’s ready.

Just let her know you are there for her but when I gad a late miscarriage I hated seeing pregnant women and didn’t want to be near them