What can I do for my daughters cough?

My daughter has a cough (she’s 11) nothing is really working. What helped your kids to stop coughing?

2 Likes

Have you taken her to the doctor for them to check her for asthma? I have coughing fits A LOT. Thought I was sick. Turned out my asthma has flared up again.

1 Like

Bring her to the dr. I was walking around with pneumonia n didn’t know it…

Depends on why she is coughing. Could be allergies, asthma, viral or bacterial infection.
Best to take her to her pediatrician for evaluation and treatment.

1 Like

Teaspoon of honey helped my baby…I gave it to her ever 2 hours for her runny nose and cough…She is 7…

2 Likes

My 6 year old has had a pretty bad cough for a couple weeks due to allergies. We started talking xyzal children’s and within 4 day’s she sounds so much better, cough almost gone completely

Putting vicks all over the bottom of their feet. Followed by socks.

4 Likes

She may just have allergies!

1 Like

I would check with the doctor. Our cough wasn’t going away turned out untreated influenza b hit our house we were miserable for 8+ weeks

Vicks on the bottom of her feet and cover with socks worked like a charm for my daugther.

Pneumonia is going around like crazy right now. Only thing that helped was an antibiotic from the Dr. An inhaler. Rotating ibprophine and tylenol. Robotessen cold and cough helped at night for sleeping

Has a gp listened to her chest ?
There could be an infinite number of things that can cause a cough
Asthma, allergies, bronchitis
Just to name a few
As most of us are not qualified to give medical advice

Honey and pineapple juice… And breathing treatments work better than anything else I have found.

It depends on what kind of cough.

Could be allergies to something in the house. Don’t use air fresheners or smelly laundry detergent.

Mullien leaf tea or tincture.